It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online "dating" and Why Don't I have A date?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My students, who are in 8th grade, will say that they have a boyrfriend or girlfriend whom they have never actually met in person. Purely online/telephone relationships. I am 24, so I have grown up with the net but I still find their attachments to these relationships surprising. They actually go through "break-ups" and mope about them as teens have always done.

Not sure what to think of this but I am willing to try. Seems painless and pretty safe. Any offers boys? I like expensive steaks and more expensive wine but since this will be all virtual, it will be pretty affordable. I am 24, in San Diego (but what's that matter) and i am a jr high teacher. I think my profile has a link to my myspace profile and yahoo chat name or we can U2U date, I guess....

Li

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wwrd?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What he said , serouisly why dont you just go onto a dating site not a conspiracy site who knows who you might end up with

[edit on 17-4-2006 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Recently engaged(!) but Robert is serving the USA in Iraq as a photographer for S&S. Living with and caring for his son, Paul, and pining for his return

wouldn't he mind?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
before I pine away.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you have two online relationships with different women or men, is that cheating?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Going by your profile pic on yahoo you shouldn't be having any RL problems finding a date that you would need online dates, but you can try Americansingles.com if you want to meet people online.
Good luck!

Pie

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
If you have two online relationships with different women or men, is that cheating?

I suppose it depends upon how seriously you take these virtual relationships really.

Unless you meet then the relationship would be purely plutonic.

Why not just go out and meet people? I am concerned at the fact that the poster of this thread has 8th grade students talking about online relationships.

What is the schools stance on educating children on the risks these online relationships can cause?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna

My students, who are in 8th grade, will say that they have a boyrfriend or girlfriend whom they have never actually met in person. Purely online/telephone relationships. I am 24, so I have grown up with the net but I still find their attachments to these relationships surprising. They actually go through "break-ups" and mope about them as teens have always done.

Not sure what to think of this but I am willing to try. Seems painless and pretty safe. Any offers boys? I like expensive steaks and more expensive wine but since this will be all virtual, it will be pretty affordable. I am 24, in San Diego (but what's that matter) and i am a jr high teacher. I think my profile has a link to my myspace profile and yahoo chat name or we can U2U date, I guess....

Li

I strongly advise you of discouraging your students from online dating, exspealy at such a young grade... lol i meant age. any way i can speak from exspearance its not a good idea no matter what they think at the time because its true about time making you wiser.
www.perverted-justice.com...
this is a good web site

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna

From your MySpace I'd say the #1 problem is that you're listing yourself "In a Relationship" and no one's going to ask you out with that listed... otherwise you're cute, I'd expect you getting absorbinant amounts of traffic.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That isn't all that those sites are made of. People should understand. It should be type chatting, then video. That is how it should go. I have seen your myspace account. There isn't anything wrong with you, you are (For lack of a better term) hot. Most guys are probably thinking what I am thinking. "She is hot, but no one is going out with her, something is wrong with her". I would go for it, but, due to laws, I am too young.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Find someone in real life, not online. Online relationships seems oxymoronish (is that a word?) to me. The person on the other end of the computer may not be at all like what they portray on the internet. Heck, they may not even be the same gender as they portray. And having a relationship, to me, means having the whole thing; mental, emotional, physical. Online dating can't satisfy that.

Places to meet guys:
church
gym
work (might be harder since you're a teacher)
hobbies (take a martial arts class, or a painting class, etc.)
through other friends

Stay away from meetings guys at bars, they just want to get drunk and get laid usually; they're not looking for a relationship, just a night of fun.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, many people on the internet lie, but many also tell the truth. Many guys who are nice and caring like me are often shut down because we are judged at first glance. Internet dating solves that problem. Guarenteeing anything in life is very difficult, including truth. But life is a chance.

new topics

top topics

join