It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice tells diplomats to prepare for nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
BREAKING: Rice tells diplomats to prepare for nuclear war
BREAKING: Rice tells diplomats to prepare for nuclear war -- Diplomatic staff threaten resignations and non-cooperation

Please relay this important message to as many interested parties you may consider suitable recipients, such as the U.S. and international media, elected representatives, advocacy groups, and internet discussion boards.

---------------------------------
I work in the office of a U.S. consulate in Europe. Earlier today, U.S. embassies and consulates within the European Union, and elsewhere, were put on notice by Secretary of State Rice to prepare for war, the worst case scenario being nuclear war. The advisory refers to an imminent nuclear attack on administrative, civilian, nuclear and militarily strategic facilities in Iran.

I am making the above core message of the communication public in the full knowledge that I could lose my job and be prosecuted by my government. However, the U.S. Department of State must first reckon with a tidal wave of resignations from the diplomatic corps, including that of the honorable and highly respected consul for whom I work. The Department of State faces a serious rebellion within its own ranks, and on an unprecedented scale.

Without a legitimate U.N. mandate, the scheduled attacks on Iranian sovereign territory represent a premeditated war crime and must therefore be rejected as unacceptable. I urge our government to reconsider its proposed assault on international law and thus avert a humanitarian catastrophe of unimagined proportions.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Have you got any links to this ? or was this an email you recieved ?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Give credit to the author, and give members a way to authenticate and substantiate the information, please.

In other words, a link, or a reference, something...

It looks like a chain letter, or
to me.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That's some gutsy actions by the diplomatic staff if what you say is true. I'm sure we will read it in the news in the next day or two. Any chance of some official documentation to post here?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
whoever this is just joined ats so i think that initself is pretty weird .....i'm typing this right now watching CNN and their on there with some general talking about Iran's nuclear situation i'm getting a really bad feeling about this....

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Anyone see this guy's post on Infiltrators on ATS?

Tells me all I know to know about him.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
--------------->

would our administration adamantly deny any intentions to launch a pre-emptive attack [as they just did earlier this week] and then open a huge can of whoopass for the whole world to see a couple of days later? i don't know what to make of this thread. if condi rice really did issue this warning she was probably referring to the israelis attacking, not us.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
In the days, weeks, months leading up to the invasion of Iraq, you'd get three different answers from three different people. Rumsfeld flip-flopped on the issue, at least publicly, so many times I can never take him serious. Rice did the same. That's not even considering the fact that the invasion was planned long before it was even an issue on the front-burner

Nothing they say can believed. Whatever happens, happens.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
~~

jimrat201s diplomatic message almost has to be 'classified'
i.e. not for general release

knowing that the embassy at the U.A.E-AbuDhabi is one of this administrations favorites, and would surely get up to date info
from the Washington honchos, as any
surgical nuclear strikes against Iran would have consequences
for (our) regional friend UAE....i would expect something to show
up in the electronic dispatches of the US Embassy in the UAE

uae.usembassy.gov...

all i see is the #3 item of 5 listed, Titled:
Rumsfeld Dismisses Reports of Plans to Attack Iran

now, this may be older, cover-story, and purposeful dis-information used for misleading the American staff & anyone else reading the Embassy
News From Washington section of current policy & news releases

but....that's a couple of layers of unneeded conspiracy

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You people are like children. I’d be interested to know your position on the existence of the tooth fairy.

No one, NO ONE with access to this sort of information would be leaking it in any form or fashion. While the American military has plans for any conceivable contingencies, no one is dropping nukes anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I could not find anything stating exactly what 'JimRat' laid out. But I did find this it could be along the same lines. It definataly sounds like things are heating up.

Rice Calls For "Strong Steps" Against Iran

Rice: Time For "Strong Steps" Over Iran

[edit on 12-4-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
# the the US government is truly insane!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your bunkers, # i don´t have one, oh well im in Peru

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow...

Iran is under some heavy scrutiny right now, but a suprise preattack? a nuclear possibility?

I wonder if Jimrat isn't being given a test (as well as the rest of the staff) to see if they would support such an action.

If it was done without UN saction, it would be a war crime, no?

So i guess I am left with wondering...

What attack upon US interests will spawn such a harsh, sudden, and justifiable "reprisal"?

Surely no such preattack would happen without a major cause?

(note* not pre-emptive attack, since they haven't threatened to attack us, but Israel could perform a justifiable preemptive attack though)

so I wonder if Rice isn't just clearing the way for our threatened Israeli friends

[edit on 12-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
digitalassasin: Thanx for the links. I'll believe jimrat201 when we have some sort of verifiable proof - and not backward speech. And I haven't been around ATS very long but it does seem at least some folks "join-up" and may not have as a goal those for which the site was intended...
If embassies were put "on-a-Nuke-footing" then we'll see activity real quick.
Most disturbing - Nukes - Ugh - Isn't there any other way?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can't buy the OP's claims. I simply don't see an advanced notice going out to any diplomatic staff other than the Marines deployed there and the intelligence desks.

NC

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm surprised Mods have not deleted this until poster can actually prove his claim. This is something serious if its true and if its not it should be squashed immediately.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I hope it's not true. But anyway, I'm not believing until we can all see the stories and the linking. Althrough, I'm sure you feel your being honest. We always cite sources here. I know most of you don't know me. But I've been here longer than I look.
JWYTK

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can believe it. There is nothing in my mind that makes me think someone as stupid and primitive as Rice, or anyone who works directly for the president of the US, wouldn't make such a comment. Though I find it highly unlikely that this would be the first time such a comment has been made.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I actually have first hand knowledge that coincides with this. Let's just say that my boyfriend works for a certain department in the government and has first hand knowledge of nuclear negotiations. Well, I just got off the phone with him. I asked about this situation in Iran and if he could tell me without getting into trouble anything. All he said was "Baboom". Yes, I'm being VERY careful to not implicate him in anything...especially now that the government is monitoring us.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join