It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kongou class destoyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This Japanese warship is very impressive. It uses the aegis radar equipment and is really a improved Arleigh Burke class ship. I applaud the Japanese for taking some of the best that the US has and making it better. I have always said that Japanese could have a great navy if they wanted. They have the money and the tech. For more info and the Kongou class click here:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Photo:

So what do you guys think of this ship and the Japanese navy in general?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Im sure they WANT the best Navy, the thing is they cant have it.

More later. Have to go to work for half a day.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For a country as rich as Japan, I would expect a much more powerful Navy...

They would be more wise putting money into attack submarines. Surface ships should only be used in support for the submarine forces.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I believe Japan is limited by the treaty signed ending ww2. I may be wrong, but believe they are limited to a self defensive military only.

This destroyer rocks though!! This is the kind of stuff that Japan really knows how to build. The superstructure on these ships is so streamlined compared to ships of ww2, Korea, or Vietnam.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This ship is awesome. And looks good two. Thumbs up for the japaneese. But hey they always had a good navy compared to most countries.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Way to go Japan! That's how they keep themselves protected from N. Korea and China!

new topics

top topics

join