It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Almighty 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That's right... Steve Oedekerk is filming a sequel to the movie. This one will be called Evan Almighty, and centers around Evan Baxter, who was the news rival of Bruce in the original. He will be a congressman that God (Freeman) tells to build an ark for a catastrophic flood.

Unfortunately, Jim Carrey will not be in this movie from what I've seen on a cast list.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dude, didn't the first Bruce almighty movie suck? I got bored of that movie really quickly. I liked Evan in the movie "Anchorman" as Brick Tamland. This will ruin another actor for me.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I thought it was great, maybe because Jim Carrey was the star, and I generally like ANYTHING with him in it, but maybe it won't be that bad...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't see it being all that bad.

I mean its Steve Carrell, he alone will make this movie far better than it ever would have been without him. The first one had its moments but was far from breathtaking, but was deffinately a quality movie.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
While I like Jim Carrey too, I don't believe that it is the actor that makes the movie. Is that Bricks real name, Steve Carrell? He is funny too. Maybe he can make the story more interesting. The first didn't suck, it was just not a monolith like Jim Carreys other movies like Liar, Liar.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Without jim carey....ha...it will probly suck...i wouldn't even see a point on making the movie.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I don't see it being all that bad.

I mean its Steve Carrell, he alone will make this movie far better than it ever would have been without him.

Have to agree with that. Go see The 40-Year Old Virgin...

Never happy with "sequels" that don't have original actors (think Teen Wolf Too!!). All they do is repeat exactly the same storyline with different people (Blue Lagoon 2, anyone?).

Still haven't seen American Wedding, after the drunk "MILF" guys from no. 1 turned up in no. 2, no sequel will be able to compete with that kind of casting detail.

My general rule is, the moment the stars don't sign on for the sequel, production should be suspended, indefinitely.

Think Speed 2, Cruise Control.

However, there are exceptions, Hannibal, the entire 007 series...

top topics

join