It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Duke Students silent as computers seized in alleged rape party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted so I thought what the heck, heh? Seems like the families and students are stonewalling. There were about 40 people at this party where the stripper was raped. Apparently she is black, I wonder what would be going on if the case were reversed, I'd bet they would be all over the media. It seems Duke also took down the link to the Lacrosse teams listing of the players alleged in the rape off the Duke website. Cover up? Smoking Gun has the docs....I was not sure if this would qualify in other topics, but wondered if anyone else felt as outraged about this as I do.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've been hearing a lot of news coverage about this, and when the allegations came out most of the online news sites had it on their front page. I'm not sure what you mean

If you're talking about Duke's website not covering it and blocking access to the names of the players, this was probably a legal decision. Many people convict people before they get their day in court or even hear all the facts. In order to protect these individuals who are innocent until proven guilty from harassment, Duke probably took down their names.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I meant the families and school are actively blocking the investigation. Not the media.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
But are they blocking the investigation, or the media's attempts to look into the investigation? From a legal standpoint, their lawyers probably told them not to speak with the press. This is to protect the trial and to increase the possibility of an unbiased jury being selected. Believe me, if I were ever charged with anything that got the national media's attention, I would not speak with them, guilty or innocent. The media chooses sides when they see the story, then spin the facts to represent their beliefs. We've seen that in every major trial that has been covered by the mainstream media -- they say they are presenting the facts, but you can typically tell within a day or two if they have decided the person is guilty or innocent. I would want a jury to judge me, not the mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

join