It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan conducts new nuclear capable missile test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
India won't be pleased with this, hope this situation doesn't escalate at all.

www.guardian.co.uk...

"The Pakistan military today test-fired a medium range, nuclear capable missile that could reach most targets in India, its second such test in less than a week.
The army said that it successfully fired the Hatf-4 missile - also known as the Shaheen 1 - during the early hours of this morning.

The missile has a range of 435 miles, meaning that it could hit most major targets inside India, Pakistan's regional rival.

"The test is part of the ongoing series of tests of Pakistan's indigenous missile systems," an army statement said.

"In a spirit of confidence-building, Pakistan had given prior notification of the tests to its neighbours."

The ballistic surface-to-surface missile tested today can carry a variety of warheads, including nuclear ones, the army said."

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh i was just reading up on this baby today, it seems china sold them to pakistan and pakistan mofidied them, they could have up to 85 fitted with warheads ready at some airbase...i shall dig the link out tomorrow for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yikes, yet another weapon made to kill people for stupid reasons

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why is China selling nukes to supposed allies of the US, when US does not want them to have them or at least will not sell them to said ally?

The Chinese are being irresponsible here IMHO!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They didnt sell nukes, they only sold the rockets used to deliver them and under that guise they are NOT weapons of mass destruction and are slightly less frowned upon.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Duhh gee sorry man I'm just so stupid!

I didn't know about Pakistans mission to mars and how theys gonna need dem missiles.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this might just be the moment when india might panic and do something stupid.
i wish there wont be another cold war

new topics

top topics

join