It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a tinWiki editor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you'd like to help improve the overall quality of the material on the tinWiki by becoming an editor, please follow these steps:

1) Create at least 10 original articles to show off your pretty prose.

2) Contact William One Sac (your Wiki Master) and let him know you'd like to help (link to your articles)

We'll review your contributions and let you know if you can become "One of the Tin". Special ATS medalions to all who are accepted.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe anyone who is an ATS Conspiracy Master should be automatically made into an Editor?

Or perhaps some of them wouldn't want those responsibilities.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't mind taking that on at all, but I also don't mind "paying my dues" and meeting the 10 article requirement.

Everything's good.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey, uhm, what do editors do anyway?? Are they the ones that will disambigulate pages and the like?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So far from what I've seen:
You have the ability to protect articles from editing.
You can delete entire pages.
Block Users/IPs

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm at one full article written up so far, the [[Totalitarian Tiptoe]] one.
Any criticisms? Trying to think of more articles to write up for tinwiki, without cutting and pasting bits from ATS forums, which is just lame. (and shouldn't really count towards my ten-articles count.)

Any possibility of getting a special title for people who contribute/become editors at tinwiki? Like the writer-scholar thing, but another word to add to it... *shrugs*

EDIT: Also along this line, can podcasters have their own 'Podcaster' titles, to encourage more people to post at least ONE podcast to ATS?
*imagines having 'Master Podcaster' as his title... muhahahah*

EDIT2: Sans TEN articles (which takes a LONG time to make), is it possible to get editor status for doing what editors do, and maintaining and upkeeping the entries as they need it? (ie. fixing double redirects, linking dead-end pages, adding ATS discussion threads, fixing grammar, etc..)

[edit on 14/3/2006 by nrky]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oohhhh...Ooohhhhh...ATS bling bling....I gotta get to writing those articles.

I also agree with Nrky, Master podcaster bling bling would be seriously kewl as well.

I'm taking next week off, I'll be on this like Elvis on a banana pancake.

Wupy

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I figured we'd have editors and articles falling out of orifices we didn't know we had by now. It really takes a long time to put together high quality articles though. It's foul, thankless, sweaty work I tell you! It almost reminds me of my sociology class.
Speaking of that class, and the term paper I put off too long already...
*glances nervously at 7 very large books, including all 3 volumes of Das Kapital* anybody wanna earn 10 bucks and 3 college credits?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
uh,...probably a stupid question but i dont under stand what ten original articles means?

-GTB

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just want to update this a bit. While we still want to see at least 10 original articles, we would also like to see a commitment to the tinWiki in other ways, such as editing articles, combating spam, contributing art work etc... This new criteria to become an editor will be enforced from here on out. The reason is we were a little dissapointed that some people put a lot of effort into getting the ten articles, and then never made a single edit after getting the tinWiki status.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

I think that's a good move. Honestly I started out making all those articles and edits not even knowing there was a proceedure to become an editor.

I'd love to help out by being an editor, but I don't know if I have enough time anymore.

Heaven knows I love it though.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Does it have to be original content or can it be quoted text?

Also, what kind of content goes in the tinWiki?
Could it be stuff related to ancient history?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You can use quotes within your article, however most of it should be original. And you can write about historical events, as long as the subjects are ats related. Like an article about the pyramids or something like that.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Cool. Can we add a section in the tinWiki called "Ancient & Lost Civilizations"?
Since there is currently none.

thanks

new topics

top topics

join