It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds warn of possible 6 week quarantine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Threat of avian flu prompts call for preparedness

By Molly Albertson
Cape Gazette staff
A statewide summit about a possible pandemic has left locals squawking about bird flu.

Federal officials on a nationwide awareness tour urged communities to prepare in advance for worst-case scenarios, including a possible six-week quarantine, if avian flu becomes a virus transmitted from person to person.

“You need to do this now. You need a plan and a strategy for preparedness,” said Alfonso Martinez-Fonts Jr., special assistant to the secretary for the private sector of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Small communities and even neighborhoods need to organize, officials said, because if a pandemic strikes, many people will be confined to their homes. Under quarantine, people will have no way to get to hospitals, grocery stores or town centers, officials said at the Feb. 21 meeting in Dover.

Pandemic planning requires addressing the role of schools, businesses, public agencies, faith-based organizations and others, said U.S. Department of Health and Human Service Deputy Secretary Alex Azar.

“This is an ever-present threat,” U.S. Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona said.

Snip...

www.capegazette.com...

I do believe that our own government is trying to ease us into awareness of this threat. In that case I recommend preparing for a 9-12 month
quarantine.

Intresting to note that they are doing this on a "state-by-state" basis. I would think that a special news brief from the Fed's would really get everyones attention....aw..maybe thats too much too fast. Might cause a panic and food shortages.

Everybody here been stockpiling for awhile? Hope so. Prices for stuff could go up really fast.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by gman55]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If the flamingos in the Bahamas turn out to be positive, we may be running out out of time to prepare.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You know what is scary ,for the third time in 1 month i had just unloaded a container from china
(parts for forklift),as i was unloading the freight i noticed there was chicken feathers all over the floor of this container.I sure hope they really dispose of these chickens that are sick.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Not like we didn't know this was coming. ATS is chock full of discussion about quarantine/concentration camps, non-action on bird flu and more related stuff. Here is a quick overview:

Quarantine: A Standard Depopulation Strategy

Bush Signs Quarantine Orders for Bird Flu

CDC's Proposed Quarantine Rules

The Quarantine Solution

Check these out too:

The Final Solution

What is this contagious Illness?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
You know what is scary ,for the third time in 1 month i had just unloaded a container from china
(parts for forklift),as i was unloading the freight i noticed there was chicken feathers all over the floor of this container.I sure hope they really dispose of these chickens that are sick.

My company imports from Spain, China and Brazil. I have noticed a new charge on the Brokers bill for our containers - "Fumigation".

FYI, our containers are coming through Miami.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gman55
Everybody here been stockpiling for awhile?

I overbought soap for Y2k. It lasted 4 years.

We just ran out of our dehydrated and bulk foods.
Gotta' go get some more. I always feel better with
it in the house. Our water barrels are ALWAYS full.

TIP - have plenty of plain clorox.

Oh ... we are getting set to buy that ionic breeze ..
the one with the UV lamp that kills virus' and bacteria.
I don't know how much good it will do .....
but it can't hurt.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gman55

www.capegazette.com...

I do believe that our own government is trying to ease us into awareness of this threat. In that case I recommend preparing for a 9-12 month
quarantine.

Erm.

Halliburton is building permanent structures - and it looks like authorities are ready to admit that bird flu is endemic .

...bird flu, H5N1, which has been entrenched in Asia for almost 20 years...

Vaccine in the works

Which means it will be a long term problem. But no fear - thanks to Halliburton and Americans' tax dollars, problem patients can be incarcerated in their own home states, as they appear.

top topics

join