It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the U.S. pull out of Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When will the U.S. pull out of Iraq? Will their attempt to rebuild Iraq be successful?

Do you think we should be in Iraq?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The problem is, how is US able to hold Iraq and Afghanistan since they are having so much trouble over there and at the same time they think they could also invade Iran and take control of it as easily as Iraq?....

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
An intelligent guess would be "never". May be some time later they'll leave Iraq and "move on". Frankly, it's not a matter of whether they'll leave Iraq or not. Iraq has important oil pipelines running through the northern part of the county so assuming they're going for oil control, wouldn't you think they'll keep their foot hole in Iraq even though they said they have "officially" left?

Leaving Iraq is not the point, it's their agenda once they left Iraq that worries me.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I agree with heartagram. It will definitely be "never".

Once the Amercian military is based in any country, have they ever moved out? I'm not sure. They are still in Germany. I read somewhere they have over 100 locations around the world.

I think it's a bit like taxes. Once a tax is created it is never ever destroyed.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I Think Heartagram is right, I don't think the US will 'leave' Iraq for a loooooong time yet. Possibly not until 2015+. But the US has not 'left' Australia for a long time. That's because our government allows a presence of US troops here (I think its upwards of 15,000 troops). The same in Germany, South Korea and other countries. I'm guessing the Iraqi Government will do the same.

I do believe however, that the US should have done the Iraq mission and Afghanistan. I also believe that Iran should be dealth with next and that the US government has the power to do it. Let's not forget people, the US presence would be extremley limited on the ground. It would be more Israel and other countries. And even then... they aren't going to hang around like Iraq. Iran actually has an army and ALOT of young kids willing to die in the form of suicide. When (not if) Iran is invaded... it won't be pretty.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
US troops withdrawing from ....Iraq?

NOT
Till kingdom come.
Till the cows come home (Which is doubtful).
Till the arrival of Niburu.
Till the sun winks out.
Or becomes a red gas giant.
Till the end of days.
Till the collapse of the Milky Way.
Till darkness descends on the universe.
THAT'S WHEN!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
thats true i agree with the above posters america will never ever leave the region or iraq even when the oil runs outs they will never leave. they will always have a stealth pressence in that country.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
When the Sky reaches the land and the stars reach the seas...

Please however, be advised that numbers will decrease before summer 2006 (not drastically but dcrease) and I dare say once Mr Bush is taken off his throne... sorry I mean dictatorship... I mean office it will decrease further

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by labasta
I agree with heartagram. It will definitely be "never".

Once the Amercian military is based in any country, have they ever moved out?

Tell that to the people in Vietnam and Somila both of which had American military bases which have long since moved out.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Tell that to the people in Vietnam and Somila both of which had American military bases which have long since moved out.

Which goes to show America never gets out unless kicked out.

The REAL question should be 'Can Iraq kick out America?'

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As far as the American people are concerned, we would be out right now. It seems the insurgents prefer us to stay, as they will not allow the Iraqis to have a peaceful, non-violent country.

When will we leave? We will leave when the Jihadists allow us to leave.

Edited because my typing skills are not getting better with time.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

The US wasnt kicked out of Somila they could have leveled that city and crushed the Mogadishu militia. Heck look how many a hand full of Rangers and Delta force put down. But the US didnt go there to fight a war it only went to create a secure environment for the delivery of humanitarian aid.

So after the Black Hawk down inncident we packed up our bags and took our aide with us.

But fine you want another example The US pulled out its military bases in Bermuda. And guess what the bermuda military didnt kick us out

So your statement is quite wrong
www.bermuda-online.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

The US wasnt kicked out of Somila they could have leveled that city and crushed the Mogadishu militia. Heck look how many a hand full of Rangers and Delta force put down. But the US didnt go there to fight a war it only went to create a secure environment for the delivery of humanitarian aid.

So after the Black Hawk down inncident we packed up our bags and took our aide with us.

But fine you want another example The US pulled out its military bases in Bermuda. And guess what the bermuda military didnt kick us out

So your statement is quite wrong
www.bermuda-online.org...

As stated in you rlink:

With the Soviet Union gone and NATO restructured, Bermuda's importance as a military base ended.

So we only move out when we are kicked out, or the base is no longer has any importance.

Irap will become un-important when it runs out of oil, or a new energy source and infrastructure comes online.

So they may have to kick us out......

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ArchAngel just to remind you what you just said

Which goes to show Americanever gets out unless kicked out.

No mention of if a base in no longer important. America NEVER leaves unless it is kicked out

Im glad my link allowed you to create a more educated statement

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Easy, that comes real close to sounding like a flame-bait, Shadow.
Be nice.

We weren't kicked out of Phillipines, were we? Hard to remember.

Fact is, though, we all know that our government will want to stick around. It always does. I don't think the American people want that in any way, though, andif the stupid insurgents and terrorists would stop being...well...stupid, we would demand the return of our folks.

Lookit, I don't mean to downplay the freedom of the Iraqis, and I'm willing to pay if it is necessary, but this is costing a LOT of money for the tax payer. Being a member of that club, I would like to see mission- accomplished and a return!

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OK Tom, but the moot question here is, WHY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE ARE THE AMERICANS all over the place, gatecrashing and spoiling everyone's party?
Can't they mind their own business and stick around at home, instead of screwing everyone's happiness? Can't they let the world live as it wants to? Who has arrogated it the responsibility of being the World's nanny?
Americans are good guys. It's the government that's spoiling the fun.
And these guys are being taken for a jolly good ride.
Keep paying your taxes buddies. Dubya will need it to spread American style democracy around the World. He's just about started!
Who's next? You're dumb if you haven't figured that out!!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We will leave when P.N.A.C. says so and not a second sooner. Around 2068 if you need a ballpark guess.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
According to the administration a year ago. WHen will we actually leave? 15-25 years from now.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
More like when there is no one left alive to fight, or when their army (bush's) is so reduced in numbers that mercenaries cant even make up for it. I would suppect though they have a plan for that one as they did in vietnam, back off let people have babies then two or three generations later when numbers are back up round three starts.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another mostly unspoken factor is the actual financial cost this war on whatever is having on the American economy, how far are our American friends in debt right now 6 Trillion Dollars? Try consolodating that into one easy loan with low monthly payments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join