It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti muslim feelings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I feel that in VERY recent times there have been a lot of anti-muslim posts on here at ats. (public opinion maybe?)

My point is,is it actually anti-muslim feeling or propaganda?
I am a Christian and believe in my beliefs i.e I want people to see the light but I will not kill (or advocate the killing of those who don't.)

My other point is that the muslims seem to be easily worked up,therefore creating news stories for the west to antaganise the masses.

Have the muslims fallen into a trap here to justify wars against they're oil rich countries?

msg to mods sorry if this should be in pol conspirices but I felt it was a world event.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There's manipulation going on on both sides, only problem is that it doesn't matter much to the victims, does it? Inciting a middle eastern mob seems all too easy, or do you believe these embassies were burned by paid agents?

I can see why people develop such prejudices, and i don't consider myself an exception, mind you.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As long as muslims keep rioting and burning down embassies the negative threads are going to continue.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
As long as muslims keep rioting and burning down embassies the negative threads are going to continue.

I agree with you but as i said (trying not to be predudiced) a lot of these peolple are uneducated therefore easily lead. Burning down embassies makes great news and generates a feeling of anti muslim, be it extremist or moderates.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Burning down embassies makes great news

A question, who wins from this?

Second, who losses? :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you for your question Intreped I'd answer it like this: The west wins as it generates anti muslim public opinion

The losers are yhe moderate muslims who are tarred with the same brush as the extremists.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Thank you for your question Intreped I'd answer it like this: The west wins as it generates anti muslim public opinion

The losers are yhe moderate muslims who are tarred with the same brush as the extremists.

And the servicemen that are sent to war, no?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Another winner is the news stations.
violence = good raitings = mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.
We always need to remember that these 24 hour news stations are not there to bring us the news and educate us about the world. They are there to make money.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And the servicemen that are sent to war, no?

I agree totally ,one of my best mates is back for 2 weeks then he hits Iraq,He's in the tanks, and was round here tonight,be under no illusion he is scared.(Even with his training)

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree it sells and we normal muslims only get problems from this.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
We always need to remember that these 24 hour news stations are not there to bring us the news and educate us about the world. They are there to make money.

You're right Umbrax. Remember how empty CNN was between DS and the OJ trial? :shk:

I'm not making light of your topic kuhl but there is many a military family in the west that are being screwed by this manipulation of the media.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am Catholic, and have no qualms against any religion whatsoever.

If Muslims feel the need to demonstrate against what ever, then fine, let then get on with it. In the same instance, don't let them try and tie the Western World into their beliefs and morals. I certainly don't try and hold my beliefs against anyone, or religion.

If they think that whatever they doing is OK, then fine. The only thing here is a possible misunderstanding when it comes to others religions/beliefs.

The question asked, would i kill to carry on my beliefs? The answer would have to be NO. If someone killed any member of my family in their beliefs, then yes, i would gladly take an eye for an eye.
Hypocritical? Maybe, but i am at least honest in my statement.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

You're right Umbrax. Remember how empty CNN was between DS and the OJ trial? :shk:

I'm not making light of your topic kuhl but there is many a military family in the west that are being screwed by this manipulation of the media.

Use this thread how you will intrepid,as long as good comes from it ,It can't be bad,and my heart goes out to all service men/women. I have a 10 year old daughter and a wife so as long as I don't have to go I will remain at home.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That's not the issue here Eddie, it's the manipulation of the media to sell a story that people will read. Hell, they've got it set up so well now that there are 2 different camps spewing their filth and a populace that's so afraid of EVERYTHING that it makes a fertile ground for profits. The Ferengi couldn't have done it better.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
But it is the issue.
Don't you see that? The media are manipulating us to their point of view. If this results in demonstrations etc, then they have done their bit to make the headlines.

Turn religion against religion, and you have a fight, no matter how you see it. The media is good at that.

My point was from my perspective, and not from any media induced filth or propaganda, which we get to see and hear so much nowadays.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
The question asked, would i kill to carry on my beliefs? The answer would have to be NO. If someone killed any member of my family in their beliefs, then yes, i would gladly take an eye for an eye.
Hypocritical? Maybe, but i am at least honest in my statement.

one could argue that because of this your faith is not strong. if you really believed in heaven/hell etc you would do anything to keep faithful, much like suicide bombers will kill themselves in the name of allah.
I feel like religion in the middle east is more real. in the western world we're mostly athiests, even the supposed christians etc are too busy watching TV, refueling their SUVs and trying to get ahead to care about their god.
I guess what I'm saying is that there should be no 'Faith Lite(TM)'; you either believe or you dont.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sorry Eddie, I miss read you. My fault, what you said is exactly how I feel about this. BUT(I know poor syntax) is it the media or the gov.? OR BOTH?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sorry Eddie, I miss read you. My fault, what you said is exactly how I feel about this. BUT(I know poor syntax) is it the media or the gov.? OR BOTH?

No problem mate.

I think that the media is governed by our relevant Governments as to what we, the public are allowed to see and as to what they are allowed to portray in any instance to help fuel their goals with the publics backing. Hence any kind of demonstration which will go against others beliefs.

If this includes violence against Westerners, then it would only help the Governments aim to help them make things are worth while what they are trying to achieve. I hope this make some kind of sense here

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I hope this make some kind of sense here

It does. Scary isn't it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I hope this make some kind of sense here

It does. Scary isn't it.

Very, should we be afraid? or lay back and carry on and forget things? Hard thing to do i would say..............

top topics

<<   2 >>

join