It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Boys Like Lara Croft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sorry for being dumb but I loved those movies but know nothing about the video games. Do boys play them too? I wanna be Lara Croft!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Far as i can work out, some of the guys on here like lara croft games.

I know my brother does

So yeah, tis a allrounder in my opinion!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I like the Lara Croft movies.... and i have all the games..

I love the action
kick your arse sexy independent woman figure that it shows.
Obviously you can see the mans attraction.... if you cant.... OPEN YOUR EYES!

Well i prefer Angelina Jolie, than the model you showed 12m8keall2c.

or

Well Angelina get 100% of my vote! But Karima is cute....

Oni x x

PS: (im a girl! ;p)

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Oni x x]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm not a boy because I exude manly man heat, but I'll still give my opinion.

I've never played it myself but I've seen it played. Boys probably play with more than just the control pad when it comes to that game.

I can't stand Angelina Jolie. The computer generated character, and the human model she's modeled after is way hotter than Jolie and her obnoxiously large mouth. What's even more laughable about Jolie is her whack British accent.

OK then.......bye-bye now.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oni,

I just happened to see an article ?today? stating that Karima is to be the next "Lara" for public appearances, promotions, etc.

Karima is quite attractive, to say the least, but I too think that Angelina "fit the part" better.

Nothing against Karima, she's quite the woman, but I tend to see a bit of Lara Croft mixed with Linda Hamilton from The Terminator. Maybe it's just me !?

I've never played but a "demo" game or so from the kids game discs. However, as for the kick arse and independent woman figure, throw in the sexy part and either one beats the hell outta Hillary clinton as a role model.

:shk: Sad fact of reality :shk:

back to the topic at hand

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
. Dr Love.

We can agree to disagree! yeah yeah.

difference in opinion here!

But hey hoe. it wouldnt be fun if we all agreed.!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm actually with Dr. Love. The first male I've heard admit that Angelina was not particularly apetizing.

That Karima chick is cute, but in those pics (used my microscope, btw), she doesn't really look at home with a pistol. Like she's not sure she's holding it right or something. You know, if you don't "stiff-arm" a pistol, a semi-auto will "stove-pipe" and jam on you.

But maybe this isn't about her gunnery skills. . . .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I've never played it myself but I've seen it played. Boys probably play with more than just the control pad when it comes to that game.

You crack me up Dr Love!

Ahh, the wonders of Lara Croft... *drifts off*....

Oh yeah, anyway, I think Angelina is fine as Lara... in more ways than one.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I never got what was so great about Angelina Jolie. She's pretty, but she just ain't all that. Good lord you'd think she was the greatest thing since sliced bread the way they go on about her sometimes.

dr_strangecraft, there were guns in the pics? I'll have to go back and look again.

[edit on 2/18/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I love the Tomb Raider games and can't wait for Legend to come out.
I didn't start with the first game, I started with the second one but was hooked from there.

After playing through all of them, i'd have to say that The Last Revelation is one of my favourites. Tomb Raider II is more focused on action than puzzle solving, but that just provides a different angle to the games.

I now have all of the games, the movies.........and a massive thing for Angelina Jolie!!

(Now I just need to steal the life size Lara Croft cut out from my local games store.....HAHAHA!!!!)

*starts hatching plans....*

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I like her, I like her. Nothing better than a tough woman.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
im not really that into polygonal boobs

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I can't stand Angelina Jolie.

...her obnoxiously large mouth. What's even more laughable about Jolie is her whack British accent.

One day, a hungry fox was walking through a field....

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna
Sorry for being dumb but I loved those movies but know nothing about the video games. Do boys play them too? I wanna be Lara Croft!

Indeed they do. If it wasnt for teenage boys there likely wouldnt even be a Tomb Raider movie. The vast majority of people that played games were male. Seventy-five percent of console game players are male and 25 percent are female.

www.theesa.com...

That fanbase created the success that allowed them to sell millions of games and create the movie.

The orginal Tomb Raider was conceived with a male lead character. They made a smart switch early on to a female lead.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't know about boys, but this man likes her.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
No, but it's mostly because of all the hype about her, which is what I really don't care for. It's the same for Angelina Jolie.

As for female video game characters, I have to admit that I don't really care for them as the controlable subject. I don't see it as bias but rather if I am going to envelop myself in a fantasy world (video game), I get into it more if I can relate in some way to the character that I am controlling. I just relate more to males that's all.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've got to admit I've only played a demo. It was however a quite good demo, and the gameplay was pretty good. So overall I'd say the Tomb Raider games probably aren't too bad, judging by the demo.

As for the character, well who wouldn't want to be able to carry around numerous health kits, ammo, water bottles, etc. with only one bag?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, now that I look again she really doesn't look like she should be holding those guns. Karima just doesn't seem very concentrated for a woman who's supposed to be pretending to be holding potentially lethal weapons.

[edit on 3/24/2006 by cyberdude78]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Angelina was awesome as Lara Croft!!! TR 1 was awesome, 2 was good, 3 ok, 4 was good..I am part way thru Angel of Darkness and I am liking that one too now(controls still suck!)
The original Lara model was Awesome: Rhona Mitra(sp?)

I don't have a pic, but for those Nip/Tuck fans among us, she played the detective this last season...

This Karina chick is ok, but I don't like her as the new Lara

new topics

top topics

join