It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Pakistani Imam Offers $1MM Bounty for Assassination of Danish Cartoonists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A Pakistani Islamic cleric announced that his group has amassed a bounty exceeding one million U.S. dollars to be rewarded to anyone who kills the Danish cartoonists who had created the controversial images. Protests over the cartoons' portrayal of Mohammad have been raging on for over a week now in Pakistan and have led to five deaths so far.

today.reuters.com
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for anyone who killed Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad that have enraged Muslims worldwide.

The cleric offered the bounty during Friday prayers as Muslim anger against the cartoons flared anew in parts of Asia.

Weeks of global protests over the cartoons have triggered fears of a clash of civilizations between the West and Islam, and have led to calls on all sides for calm.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These poor cartoonists will probably have to live in hiding for the rest of their lives to escape these Muslim madman. I feel so sorry for them and their families.

[edit on 2/17/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is crazy...... This Imam should be jailed for doing this, and whoever else offered these funds to assassinate the cartoonists, and all over some cartoons?......

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The madness persists !!
I think it has become some sort of competition now, to show ones faith is greater than the rest of the madmen by doing crazier and crazier stunts in some vain attempt at bravado.
If this is what being a muslim is all about, that it is a pity really !!
Why cant they use this money to sue the paper or sue the editor of Jyllands posten ? I bet that thought never occured to them !!

Oh well....

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What I still don't get, is how even for being VERY VERY VERY VERY religious people, HOW COULD THEY GET UPSET OVER A CARTOON!

Unless the artists intent was to offend and whatnot, you should just deal with it, and move on.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That is pretty sickening.
There is no law against this in Pakistan?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's Pakistan....the only law basically is kill Israeli's and don't insult Islam it seems.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This really is going way too far, it's pathetic. Some people really need to grow up.

By the way, is there a typo in the title of this submission? Shouldn't it be "$1M" not "$1MM"?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Islam mention something about not killing people and being peaceful?

This is just flatout madness. I've got to say it's bad enough for the cartoonists that they've got a bunch of religious psychos after them, now they'll have people in it for the money trying to kill them. This is just maddening how people want to kill others because of a simple cartoon. It would be as if I tried to kill Matt Groening for all the times he made fun of my political preferences.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In another development, a Pakistani cleric has been ordered held by President Musharraf. No word on detaining the imams that have ordered rewards, however:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

President Bush is scheduled to visit Pakistan on Sunday. Watch for violent protests, even though the US has denounced the cartoons.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And Pakistan is the allie of Who? The USA! What a great surprise! The government only pactise with those who are pro-america regardless if they are crazy.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Im honestly going to make up some custom shirts with these Cartoons on them. If not these cartoons, I will depict "Ahalla" or how ever you spell it in some other way relating to this story.

This is retarded and at this point I just feel like pissing these pull-starts off. I hope it some ways that the assasination takes place and this leads to the extinction of the middle east via Nuke, or gasoline filled bombs, or something else hellish.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
These Mulsims and their "religion of peace" nonsense should not be taken seriously when they speak of peace and tolerance. What should be taken seriously is the threat that they pose to freedom and democracy. It is obvious that they want only to control what people think and do - if it does not follow sharia (Mulsim Law), then they are infidels and must be punished (Another word for "killed"). They are showing their true colors now and I certainly hope that the appeasers of the world are paying attention. They will not stop until the entire world is controlled by sharia.

I think back about 70 years ago and I think I recall another group of people who had such aspirations, albeit without the religious ideology, but the premise remains the same. Millions of people died at the hands of that empire before the world finally acknowledged what they were up against and vowed to put an end to it. Are we doomed to repeat those same errors again today? Many people incorrectly want to dismiss such reality as simple xenophobia. I, however, recognize it for what it is - an attempt to dominate another group of people and restrict their freedoms by applying their religious beliefs to free societies..

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I still cant believe all this crap is STILL broiling! I mean, |I have seen the cartoons. There is n othing special about them! They are not that graphic, and personally, I dont really see whats so provacative about them, other than depicting Mohammed.

I have seen much more graphic and perverse images of jesus or biblical figures, and the most you get from the Jesus crowd is some angry protests, a few boycotts, but thats about it, and it generally only occurs in the US. Xians around the world generally dont get all riled up.

So I still do not see how these rather bland cartoons are the cause of so much chaos. Its either overblown hysteria, or there is something deeper going on, and someone is stirring this # up.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why are you all not able to accept the fact that mainstream Islam has become this fanatical? How come some people are unable to accep that the xenophobia exists only within the Mulsim community? Face the music people - we are under siege. The "Cartoons" are simply another excuse to engage in anti-western demonstrations and once again, publicly profess their hate for us.

I for one laugh at the very notion that Islam prohibits the likeness of Mohammed from being portrayed for fear of idolotry. Um, aren't they supposed to be worshipping God (Allah) and not some mortal prophet? Doesn't it strike anyone as hypocritical that their response to this has almost risen to the level of being idolotry in an and of itself? Secondary to that, have these people ever stopped to look at how they portray Jesus Christ, Christians, Jews and countless other non-muslim belief systems? Um, H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S!

May the feces of a billion pigs rain down upon them!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

from kozmo Why are you all not able to accept the fact that mainstream Islam has become this fanatical? How come some people are unable to accep that the xenophobia exists only within the Mulsim community?

I don't think that mainstream Islam is fanatical. The muslim extreme has become more active, or maybe they're even growing in numbers, but the mainstream is fairly quiet on this. They have even voiced their displeasure with their fanatic brothers.

I for one laugh at the very notion that Islam prohibits the likeness of Mohammed from being portrayed for fear of idolotry.

That was proven to be false already, with many examples given of Muhammed being portrayed throughout the mideast. But you are right - their anger is hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Im honestly going to make up some custom shirts with these Cartoons on them. If not these cartoons, I will depict "Ahalla" or how ever you spell it in some other way relating to this story.

This is retarded and at this point I just feel like pissing these pull-starts off. I hope it some ways that the assasination takes place and this leads to the extinction of the middle east via Nuke, or gasoline filled bombs, or something else hellish.

I would love to see that, I am sick and tired of Muslim's trying to force there beliefs on others.

Maybe they should pull there heads out of there Imams ass, and take a good long look at themselves and what they are turning Islam into.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The Prince of the Royal Realm of Islam and the Prince of the Royal Realm of Scandinavia are manipulating matters to lead up to her final destruction, hoping to take down their former King's property at the same time.
(cryptic or what?)

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Bush administration's new nuclear doctrine contains specific "guidelines" which allow for "preemptive" nuclear strikes against "rogue enemies" which "possess" or are "developing" weapons of mass destruction (WMD). The preemptive nuclear doctrine (DJNO), which applies to Iran and North Korea calls for "offensive and defensive integration". It explicitly allows the preemptive use of thermonuclear weapons in conventional war theaters.

The B61-11 is categorized as a "deep earth penetrating bomb" capable of "destroying the deepest and most hardened of underground bunkers, which the conventional warheads are not capable of doing". The B61-11s can be delivered in much same way as the conventional bunker buster bomb, from a B-2. a 5B-2 stealth bomber or from an F-16 aircraft.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Nigeria cartoon riots kill 16

Churches burned in widespread violence as Danish cartoonist defends publication

The cartoonist at the heart of the row, who has gone into hiding after a bounty was put on his head and conducted his interview with the Glasgow Herald newspaper via written questions, said he had not expected such controversy but did not regret the drawings - the most controversial of which depicted the Prophet with a bomb in his turban - or their publication.

He defended it as 'a protest against the fact that we perhaps are going to have double standards [in Denmark and Western Europe] for freedom of expression and freedom of the press'. The inspiration for it was, he said, 'terrorism - which gets its spiritual ammunition from Islam.'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Still escalating to new levels of heresy with 16 dead in Nigeria.

Makes me wonder if their water has been poisoned to act that nuts.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Makes me wonder if their water has been poisoned to act that nuts.

Germ warfare?

Ever hear the old expression, "kill 'em and let God sort 'em out"? The iman's take their blasphemy very seriously, and this seems to be one of those matters where they issue the order to let God sort 'em out.

Salman Rushdie is said to have had 20 deaths blamed on the fatwa put out on him for "The Satanic Verses". His bounty was tripled to $3m, so this type of action shouldn't come as a big surprise.

The Holy War Against Salman Rushdie

Turning on the basic meaning of the Arabic word Islam, which is "submission," he suggests that its followers have been terrorized into belief. Worse still, a subversive reading of the life of Mohammed underlies Rushdie's novel. The very title recalls a set of suras, or scriptural verses, that Mohammed is believed to have deleted from the Qur'an, Islam's holy book, after deciding that he had composed them under Satan's influence.

With a blasphemy of this order, it is the duty of the Iman to impose the fatwa. The same as a western court of law would impose a death penalty.

In early 2005, Khomeini's fatwa against Rushdie was reaffirmed by Iran's spiritual leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in a message to Muslim pilgrims making the annual pilgrimage to Mecca. Iran has rejected requests to withdraw the fatwa on the basis that only the person who issued it may withdraw it.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join