It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible force pressing on my chest while asleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was wakened to this THING pressing on my chest that I could not see- I was also experiencing body paralysis but finally managed to get my eyes open and wiggle my bg toe on my husbands leg enough to wake him up to nudge me a bit which was enough to get that thing GONE.
WHAT do you call this sort of thing?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It could have been a nasty shadow but I suppose there would be plenty of mundane options to conceder.

Your breathing may have been affected by anxiety due to your sleep paralysis.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i'm sorry to see your problems are continuing .Have you tried the priest yet?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No, I havent tried a priest yet... I mean no disrespect and I appreciate your advice, but I am not a christian, and feel that there is another alternative out there somewhere.
This sort of thing started happening when I was in my early twenties and having spontaneous AP's... maybe it was just my breathing, as Kuhl wrote?
One other thing I should metion is that my entire body ached this morning- I just don't get what I am doing wrong!
I've been smudging, grounding and centering myself daily, just in case it is my own chaos that has created this situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Its calle sleeping paralysis or sometimes waking paralysis. I'd reccomend you do a search on either of those terms. Its quite common and has been discussed on this board many times. I've experianced it myself.

Good luck,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi, MerryMistressMarie

What you are Experiancing is Sleep paralysis, you probly already knew that and that it occurs on falling asleep or waking up and involves the feeling of not being able to move

now to the THING Pressing on your chest
During the experience Most People see, hear, and feel things that are not actually there. So Don't Worry!

When the Above Happens, that's usually Known as "Old Hag Syndrome"

It was Reported (Long before Science understood Sleep paralysis)
That An old Hag or Demon or Witch would come in the night and Sit on your chest.

These people Actuall saw them,
Nowadays we all know this is not the case and its just your Awaking brain trying to understand why your awake but you can't move resulting in a Visualisation and also can feel somthing seemingly real pressing on your chest.

Hope this helps you understand it better

I'm so sorry I can't aid you in how to deal with it or why you get there episodes..

Here's a link that explains Old hag Syndrome

paranormal.about.com...

xxx

[edit on 13-2-2006 by TrentReznor]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Though I quite agree with mrwupy in the fact that you more than likely have a case of sleeping/waking paralysis, this topic brought up a memory, and I consulted one of my books.

In the olden days, back when people didn't really have any idea what sleep paralysis may be, they claimed that spirits or sometimes 'vampires' were holding them down whilst at the same time draining the victims energy. One example of this is the Urban Legend of the Old Hag, which follows the same basic story.

Just a bit of trivia for you there.

EDIT: Damn, would you look at that. That post above me wasn't there when I typed this up! I'm not stupid, honest!

[edit on 13-2-2006 by mothling]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the force pushing down on ur chest is a weird thing. the Sleep paralysis could have happend also, but i think that the chest thing is a demon, believe it or not. i know someone who is constantly harrassed, and has been physically attacked before. i see them sometimes, everynow and then.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Don't worry about that. That's called Astral Catelepsy, is it when your spirit body is either returning to your physical body or you are about to leave your body. Now when you experience this, did you feel paryalized? It has happened to many people before. But don't worry about it, it's all right. Ask God...or a higher power for an easy exit and return ^_o, good luck

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah, it felt like it could've been an old HAG sitting on my chest, thats fer sure!

I figured that it has something to do with the astral plane- the last experience I had with this I was 20 years old and there was a man with long black hair and a burgundy poet shirt trying to pull my legs apart ( sorry for the graphic detail there)
So Naturallly when it happened last night It freaked the F out of me! Luckly nothing was trying to pry me legs apart.
Thanks for the shared information, once again.
os glad I can share this stuff with people who dont look at me like I am crazy
thanks to all
MerryMistressMarie

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Don't worry about that. That's called Astral Catelepsy, is it when your spirit body is either returning to your physical body or you are about to leave your body. Now when you experience this, did you feel paryalized? It has happened to many people before. But don't worry about it, it's all right. Ask God...or a higher power for an easy exit and return ^_o, good luck

Yes I definately was experiencing sleep paralysis,

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MerryMistressMarie

Its not sleep paralysis. its a demon trying to possess you. straight and simple.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The following is a repost of another reply I made a few days ago about the same subject. I, like you, don't see anything specific either:

I have been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a teenager, and it can be quite terrifying. It always happens as I am trying to fall asleep, and in my case I always feel as if I am being suffocated. I try to scream, yell at myself to wake up (in my head, I am not yelling out loud), and I feel like my eyes are open- whether or not they are I do not know. As at least one other person has said, it happens to me mostly when I try to fall asleep laying on my back- not nearly as often as when I try to sleep on my side. I also suspect it happens more often when I stressed out. There is a famous picture of the old hag syndrome in which a demon is sitting on a sleeping woman's chest.

www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk...

I thought for a while I had sleep apnea, but a couple of my boyfriends said that my breathing did not change or stop just prior to my waking up gasping- which leads me to believe that it is just my subconscious.

Have you considered setting up a camera to tape you falling asleep?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've had the same thing happen to me on and off. I'm in my twenty's. The sleep paralysis as its called started about 3 years ago. I had a dream that I was walking into my dorm and saw a little girl dressed in black with a tarot card. As I was walking towards my room I felt like I was being followed, I walked faster and realized I was being followed by three shadows. Realizing this was a dream I tried to make myself wake up but couldn't move as I was paralyzed and could barely open my eyes. Squinting and fighting to sit up I saw three shadows cast on my wall. I had a roomate at the time and as I was waking up she walked into the room from the bathroom. I screamed her name, freaked her out a bit and told her what had happened. She then told me that she had a weird feeling when she woke up and saw three shadows above my bed, but didn't think anything of it. That same night I felt something on top of me again and dreamed very vividly that I was having sex with the devil ( I know that's graphic).

That was three years ago 2005. For three years, in different locations I've had the same paralysis happen and saw different figures, a little girl, a middle aged man wearing a red plaid shirt, and an elderly man. It's been occurring less often but I'm wondering if this is just sleep paralysis or something more.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
it could also be anxiety

your chest tightens and feels like there is force on it

anxiety causes fight or flight

sometimes people in panic are unable to move

waking up fast like that could cause that

its not an old hag or shadows

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

It most definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. Until that's ruled out, suggesting it's astral space babies or David Icke isn't the most sensible, or indeed logical, response.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ihave experienced teh same thing im 24 now but a couple of months ago when i was 23 i ahd the same experince twice with this force on top of me and i couldnt yell although i tried to and i couldnt move as my body was lifeless and this was in the mornign and it wasnt a dream it was real......i was awak just mins before that and then this occured and then another time a month later..........thats when i thought it was weird.......its got nothing to do with panic attacks or sleep paralysis its got to do with the spiritual world or the demonic world.........i am very religious and would be horrified to ever find out it was a demonic attack as my world revolves around the bible.......im not some freak but i have really strorng faith in the holy trinity.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It does sound like the Old Hag, but I have never felt so bad when I had SP. Your physical discomfort sounds more like a health issue.

Listen, my sis is a certified sleep technician. Some people stop breathing for a spell when they sleep- its called sleep apnea. There are a bunch of different sleep disorders, but you need a sleep study to see of this is your problem. Tell your doctor about this and he/she can schedule you for the study. Rule out health issue. You may just need some special equipment. I dont care how much you meditate, you are not going to be helped by that if you have apnea.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
First of let me start by saying I suffered from this for about 3 years. Exactly the same symptoms as your self. Turned out it was a clogged arterie in my chest putting pressure on muscle tissue which swells with the convexity of your lungs in your sleep creating a temporary paralysis. Visit you doctor tell him your symptoms and welcome to the world of beta-blockers.

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
hi everyone i've read all your comments and it's a relieve to know that i'm not the only one suffering from this. It has happened to 2 of my sisters including me. For my older sister it happens to her everyday whether its night or day as soon as she close her eyes, her body would freeze she couldn't move but struggle to fight back. she says she would scream for help but no one would hear her. she says she could sense 2 spirit a guy and a women. I'm worry for her because it been happening quite a long time it been more than 5 years for her. And there's nothing we can do about it. As for my little sister it happens to her a couple of times a week and she would say the same thing. As for me it happens only once, and it was a terrifying point because i've always wonder how it felt when hearing my sisters talk about it. When it occur to me i was sleeping in the middle of the night. I would wake up to any sounds. I heard foot steps walking towards me, so i was awake but was frighten to open my eyes. I've place my jacket next to me and i heard it moved and then before i knew it my body was frozen, i couldn't move, all i heard was what ever it was laying on top of me, it was really heavy and bigger than i was and i can hear it breathing really deep besides my ears. but unlike my sisters my body wasn't fully froze i could move my body to the side. i knew it was a spirit of a guy. at that point no one could hear me screaming i was too afraid to open my eyesto see what it might be. then remembering what my boyfriend told me if it happens to you just scream and yell at it and tell it if you don't leave me alone i will kill you so thats wat i said to the spirit. then i felt it got off of me. I'm not psychic or anything but i've seen spirits and felt them before and it's really scary because theirs nothing you can do about it or to protect your self because you don't know how.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join