It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners released during the flood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
During the Katrina flooding, there was talk of flooded prisons where prisoners were let go. I remember discussing this possibility and many felt that the idea was crazy. Right now I am watching a program called Dallas SWAT. This new episode was filmed three days after the hurricane. One of the strike team told the camera about the drug wars in Dallas and how the refugees were mixed with released dangerous criminals from those floods.

I felt the need to add this to the Katrina data, since it now has been verified that this actually happened. This answers some of my old questions, and opens up some new ones.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hello Friend:

I just seen the same tv show, yes it is called Dalas SWAT
and One of the members talked about relissing inmates.
I think this is very possible there no place to put them, they could
not be left to die in jail like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do you recall when the story got out about the prisoners?
I remember hearing about covert meetings about what to do.
There was a rumor circulating that the debit card aid registration was used as a way of identifying who was who in the crowd.
I wonder what else will surface in time.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hello Friend:

I got to see the show last night, but I was part of the group
that the Red Crooss from Puerto Rico send to New Orliens( my
boss did not let me go) We had a brefing and we were told that
in the crouds the were dangerus inmates that had to be realised
because of the emergency. God only knows how many will be put back
in jail.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
At the time, I was told of 2 places locally that were briefed about 'detainment' procedures.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
if this is so...and bearing in mind the 'detention facilities' post crisis..(emergency housing) how is it that these criminals have not been recovered? What about mug shots, paper work...? Did that get all destroyed? Even if their paperwork was destroyed/water logged, I should think that there would be a backup system...I am not from US but computer database destroyed too?

if this is so, then so much for counter disaster strategies...this illustrates the incompetency of the US Govt...at a local & federal level...

[edit on 28-1-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

I don't know what the reason may be, and I'll be speculating if I
said one thing or another. I think that in a mess like that with Katrina,
people were taken here there and over there I heard but I had not
confirmed that some refugiees were taken to the old navy base in
Ceiba, Puerto Rico and been that the case rounding up this inmates
will take some time. I shure some of them are doing what ever they
can not to be returned to jail!!

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm from the Mississippi gulf coast. My wife's friend works for the local PD. She said that people jailed in the county were released when the water started to rise. Also, the evidence room was destroyed and many pending case had to be dismissed. Remember, this was not New Orleans and I don't think there were too many violent criminals in the county jail. I used to visit this web site a lot before the storm and find myself back here almost 6 months after. Why all the talk about New Orleans? There a entire towns wiped of the map over here in Mississippi.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi Corusso, I was one the people who constantly reminded folk that there were other areas affected that the news never mentioned. For this particular thread, I only posted this because of what I saw on a tv program. It confirmed the rumor of criminals being released.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi, and thank you for your support.
The statement about New Orleans was made in general toward all the hurricane threads. I was born in New orleans and love the place. I lust feel that the Mississippi gulf coast; moreover, the small towns, are being forgotten about. We need to continue to remind people of the devistation these places need to overcome.

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Hi Corusso, I was one the people who constantly reminded folk that there were other areas affected that the news never mentioned. For this particular thread, I only posted this because of what I saw on a tv program. It confirmed the rumor of criminals being released.

top topics

join