It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis Risks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have been hypnotized several times in recent months and I have very much enjoyed the experiences I have had. Deep rest and relaxation such that I wonder if I ever really was truly well-rested in my life before. My question is: Is there any health risk. My hypnotist is a family friend, and obviously effective, but he is still very much an amateur. Appreciate any feedback.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Health risk? I am not sure about that, but I do believe that there is a spiritual risk of opening your mind without control and discipline that consciousness affords.
This sounds like becoming dependant and sounds to me as if it will lead to mental weakness.
Most everything that leads to human destruction seems like such a wonderful thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The question I have is what was your original goal with the hypnotizing? Was it for relaxation and stress reduction or what? Are you under hypnosis all the time? If not how do you go in and out?

I'd never allow myself to be hypnotized. Letting other people play with my mind, no matter how well I know them, is just bad joo-joo in my opinion.

In all honesty I guess the only health risk as I see it would be if there was some kind of trigger word that, when said, made you run into a police station yelling "pigs suck" or something like that. That would probably get you a pretty good beatdown.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Within the confines of the protected layer of the subconcious lies many mysterious and downright scary things.There are ways to open this .In many cases when hypnosis is in effect.The brain is open and non registering to the individual under it.

When this occurs it is possible to take things out of subconcious and into the concious due to the concious being somewhat glazed over in regards to reality.Also in this the person conducting this has set it up so he is in control of the mind(which is a very strange thing indeed).This person now has the ability to unlock doors if wanted.Many people who are at the level of show buisiness or professional status would not openly use this ability to their advantage but hey id be careful.!

Scarecrow.....

[edit on 26-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The only danger i can think of is, as mentioned by Toraylin, your mind being abused by the hypnotist... this could happend both willingly or by mistake... but the hypnotist could mess your mind up.

For example, he could "push" into your mind false and/or distorted memories. I repeat, maybe only by mistake, or maybe not...

join