It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway, local hero

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Isn't Georgie boy a local political hero 'round these parts?
Just in case you Galloway fans don't know what he is up to these days..
Check it out!

He's a Television Star now!
Read more here:

OUR HERO

This is no joke..And George is still an idiot.

Here the link the the ATS interview, which I almost forgot about...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-1-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Should have seen his kitty impression, that was disturbing.

George Galloway has been branded a "laughing stock" by a Labour opponent after the Respect MP imitated a cat on Celebrity Big Brother.

Mr Galloway, 51, went on all fours, purred and pretended to lick cream from actress Rula Lenska's hands, as part of a task set on the Channel 4 show.

Galloway 'cat' act sparks anger, BBC News 13 January 2006

His motives are purely selfish, the only reason he's taking part in this charade is for more self publicity. The man is an arrogant twit.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
arrogant twit..purrrrfect....

I suppose this won't effect the way his FANS feel about him though.
He's just having a little fun, right? LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
He's an idiot, an opportunist idiot. He only tried to 'rally' the muslim vote during the elections because he took advantage of potential vote winners. Actions speak louder than words. That's rare for a politician

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Galloway tends to be a local hero for many people on one reason alone...

He stood up, to the United State's Goverment on their own turf something our own Priminister doesn't dare to do and none of them have dared to do in a few decades. He also raises many good questions, on one certain people have been targetted without evidence when the guilty parties [which we have evidence for] are being allowed to get away with their crimes.

...there is a reason he was elected and it will likely be a while before he is removed from Goverment. Do I agree with him? Only on a few issues...but at least he has the balls to stand by those points in Parliament and not to chop-and-change, when in Public or Challenged like a majority of politicians...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
His red tights prove at least one of your statements correct..
Otherwise, I believe he is a showboater..including his "standing up" to the
US Govt.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Otherwise, I believe he is a showboater..including his "standing up" to the
US Govt.

But the thing is, at least he did it even if it was just to show off.

I'd rather have someone with the courage to stand up and show off than to back down and do what the U.S. Goverment desire at everyturn. The United Kingdom might as well be the 51st state in this day and age with Blair and his Government too scared to point out any of the wrongs the U.S. do.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree with Odium there. But Galloway is a bit of a prat. And he should at least be a wee bit serious. Pretending to be a cat, and jumping around in a red leotard is quite strange behaviour for a MP. But it's his choice to do it. Sort of embarresed a bit about the leotards.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Galloway tends to be a local hero for many people on one reason alone...

He stood up, to the United State's Goverment on their own turf something our own Priminister doesn't dare to do and none of them have dared to do in a few decades. He also raises many good questions, on one certain people have been targetted without evidence when the guilty parties [which we have evidence for] are being allowed to get away with their crimes.

...there is a reason he was elected and it will likely be a while before he is removed from Goverment. Do I agree with him? Only on a few issues...but at least he has the balls to stand by those points in Parliament and not to chop-and-change, when in Public or Challenged like a majority of politicians...

Remember this is politics, with plenty of 'showboating'.

Galloway stood up to the US Government because he could afford to. He's in opposition it's what they do. He's not in power like Blair, he hasn't got as much weighing on his shoulders. He's not responsible for international relations, or perhaps keeping business interests with the U.S.

Galloway or any politician in opposition can promise us anything, until they deliver that promise, then don't hold your breath. I'm not saying Blair and his government are perfect. Of course not, there's things they haven't delivered on or done a 'U'-turn on. However i doubt guys like Galloway who are after more power would do any better.

I do agree that Blair should've made a firm stance on Iraq. HOWEVER how do we know that Blair didn't volunteer to help, rather than be pushed in by Bush? With guys like Clinton who's a good friend of Blair, he would've had the support to say no to Iraq. Although it's easy for us here to judge and say what we could've done different. If we were in the same position, would we have done the same?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am a Labour party supporter and George has stood against the Labour party, defeating Labour candidates in elections, so I am not naturally a GG supporter by any means.

But George Galloway has my respect because he did something I think no other politician has ever had the guts (or, admittedly the opportunity) to do.

He subjected himself to public 24/7 scrutiny without the slightest bit of editorial control for 21 days.

(and there were moments in the CBB House where that editorialising was used to manipulate opinion against him.......

.....for instance, when Pete Burns tore into Traci Bingham the viewer was left with the impression that George did and said absolutely nothing; thereby giving the impression he was a hypocrite for not standing up and defending her from a pretty nasty and unpleasant tirade.
The producers of the show simply chose not show George angrily confronting Pete about it.)

Of course he did it hoping to propagandise and spread his views, he's a politician that shouldn't be news to anyone.

But he also showed himself as being human, having a sense of humour, being a trier and someone not so up himself that he would duck out of looking ridiculous.

Let's be honest that was a situation which he couldn't possibly have won - if he'd chosen not to wear the leotard or do the cat he would have been slammed as too arrogant or self important or lacking a sense of humour to play the game.

But for all that I was very pleased to see that he actually won the big one today.
The Torygraph, er sorry, Telegraph lost their appeal at the high court against him!

The Daily Telegraph is considering an appeal to the House of Lords after it lost a court bid to overturn a £150,000 libel award to MP George Galloway.

Mr Galloway successfully sued the paper for suggesting he had received money from Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I could care less whether people like him or loathe him or his politics but when they resort to lying about him, to attack him, I just love to see him take them on and win and win and win and win.

Way to go; well done George. Again.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
George going into the house and taking part in the tasks, no matter how ridiculous, I don't have a problem with but if as claimed he's trying to reach out to the 'yoof' of Britain and get across his message then more fool him as that particular tactic always falls flat on it's face (remember William Hague, baseball cap/Notting Hill Carnival) and who cares what the 'yoof' think anyway. If he did confront Pete Burns though, I'm prepared to forgive him anything as that b***ard needs a kick up the arse.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The one part of the criticism that I have found the most ridiculous and laughable is the idea that his absence from his constituency left his constituents with no political representation.
He has an office just like every other MP.

........and are we supposed to imagine all the other MPs never ever take a holiday?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Galloway is no hero.
He's a self absorbed, opportunistic, attention addicted freak.

AND the only reason he made an idiot of himself
on world wide TV in Washington DC was so that
he could get more attention. There was nothing
gallant about it ... no motives of help for anyone
but himself ... and he was completely WRONG in
all he spouted.

Definately an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about
(either that or he downright lies) and who gets much more air
time than he's worth.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
FlyersFan, show us the evidence making him guilty then? Otherwise, what he said wasn't wrong...

The fact is, the U.S. Goverment and Judiciary charged him and he defended himself, very well in fact and put those asking him questions in a position they couldn't defend.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I see todays news also contains the little nugget that George didn't draw his MP's salary whilst he was in the CBB house.

Another little revelation that was kept from the public and which alters the impression given, no?

The Respect MP, who was not paid his Commons salary while on TV

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's a little flavour of what George's constituents have to say

"I'll tell you what I think of George Galloway," said Rajib Ahammad as he discussed his MP outside the East London Mosque in Whitechapel after prayers yesterday. "He's a star. He is still the man who had the courage to say all the right things about Iraq. He is still the man who stood up to Tony Blair. So what if he went on TV and was told to act like a cat?"

news.independent.co.uk...

- Despite editing to show him in a bad light and misleading him that he would be allowed the chance to relay his views....

"Not only did I not know I'd be censored, I was told by the Big Brother producers I would not be.

"In fact one of the main points that they made when they met me in the House of Commons to persuade me to do it was that it would be a good place to be effectively a soapbox for my perspective on events.

"And therefore I was very surprised when I got out to hear the birdsong over any political statement that I made, but hey I'm getting the chance to speak to all of you here, you wouldn't be here otherwise," he told reporters.

news.bbc.co.uk...

.......it appears plenty of people didn't find George half the embarrassment the media tried to tell us we were supposed to have found him.

Quelle surprise.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
the guys only human.
I actually wanted him to win. The whole idea of big brother is to back stab - unfortunatley most house mates get to know each other and end up making a bond with someone who in the end will fight to survive eviction.

As to the gentlemans integrity as earlier stated - he went to america and he fought his corner infront of alot of witnesses and infront of american lawyers or whatever they are.
I kinda felt proud to show to alot of americans what a true brit lipped gent would do in the persuit of truth.

Yes i noticed the propaganda being sold on tv - first those new vids of him and sudams chldren - actually, was this a slap on the wrist for making the american claim to look false?

So for me, the facts far outweigh the crap.

I dont rate his choice in lady friends however pictured . -i do actually have some dead or alive vinyle too.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Im a true sceptic]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Never been a fan of his... hes a disgrace to scotland and the british parliment.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by And3h
Never been a fan of his... hes a disgrace to scotland and the british parliment.

Why? Because he went on Big Brother? My local M.P. attends Parliament a lot less often than Galloway does and he is seen as some form of Tory Legend.

So, what has G.G. done that's so wrong?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
George Galloway has recently became a presenter on Talk Sport and he is presenting on Saturdays and Sundays at 8p.m. I heard his show and he talked about getting rid of the monarchy and also dabbled in conspiracies. Outside the Talk Sport building there where protesters who wanted him off the air!

To me, he is a hero to some, but a villain to others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join