It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Jack Thompson Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know I don't have to even explain who Jack Thompson is to anyone whos an avid gamer, but just the same lets all see what the ugly little troll is up to now? Bear with me now folks...

SOFIA (AFP) - A 21-year-old American online gaming fan broadcast his suicide on a Bulgarian Internet forum.

Named as Mitchell S., the gamer switched on his web cam and swallowed a large amount of motor antifreeze and pills after complaining about family problems and a lack of money, forum administrator Boyan Georgiev told Bulgaria's BGNES news agency on Wednesday.

Other forum members thought the man nicknamed "Kudjo" was joking even though he rambled for six hours about the effects of the substances and disappeared from view several times.

news.yahoo.com

cnn.com (similar article)

Now this doesnt immediately have anything to do with Jack, but sure enough he comes out of his hiding place to take advantage of the tragedy by sending a rather callous and just plain wrong letter to the site that the gamer frequented metalgearsolid.org. Unfortunately at the moment the letter (which I believe was posted on their forums) is unavailable because the forums have been disabled, but you can read what I belive is either an excerpt or the whole thing in the following newspost over at CAD comics.

One would hope Jack's stunt (and it is just that, a pathetic stunt) would be the end of the whole mess but no, it comes out later on here that the news agencies are carrying completely BS infomration such as quoting people claiming to be administrators on the site invovled who had no affiliation with the hosting but were in fact part of the original design crew who created the site, along with absolutely horrible claims that the guy actually broadcast the suicide on the MGS:TUS site via webcam.

Now before I get to where I tear a new hole in Jack Thompson I would like to say its incredibly sad this person took their life and at the same time I am amazed an online community can be so concerned about someones well-being that they would put forth the effort to find out what happened in a case such as this, it almost gives me hope for the internet, that is until I read things posted by Jack Thompson...

Theres been alot of bashing of Jack on the internet, and at first I figured he was a one-shot wonder just looking for his 15 minutes in the light, but he keeps coming back again and again inserting himself where he doesnt belong and screwing up horribly. I even wondered if maybe most of the anti-jack bashing was from offended fanboys but after this last stunt I feel that every harsh, nasty, foul and mean thing ever said towards the man is completely justified and deserved. He outright !@#$!@# profits from such a tragedy as sucidide, then goes one step further to insult people afterwards just so he can feel like hes doing his part for whatever 'god' he believes he still serves (I don't think any christian or even the almighty him/herself would claim this man as a fellow in their faith).

All that said; rest in peace Mitchell...

mod edit: Changed normal quote to external quote
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 23-1-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Stuff like this is nothing new I played UO a loooooong time ago I think I was 16?

Long story short this retard was faking that his sister played his account another loser fell inlove with said sister and so this guy kills her off said she died joggin someone killed her. Well his little game turned to # when all these ppl were going to fly to reno to go to her funeral HAHAHA

I laughed for days.

He isnt the first nor will be the last to fake an online death.

Whores for Attention

join