It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotions, pain and electricity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I imagine that many reading this will be amazed that I am writing a thread for this particular forum. Please, take a moment to regain your composure, I understand.

Now that we are all back and not passed out, let me explain what I have noticed.

I have been working on getting back in shape the last few months by using dumbells and a bench. The bench is in the living room, as is a couple of lamps that are turned on and off, as well as the intensity of light altered, by touch. What I do is I do a set of exercises and then come back to the computer, walking by one of the lamps enroute. After I have hit the weights hard, causing heavy breathing and a good burning pain, the lamp will alter intensity as I walk by. I have taken note of this, but haven't really figured it too much of a thing for whatever reason.

Tonight was an interesting one, though, as I dropped a dumbell onto myself, causing myself quite a bit of pain (No permamant damage, thanks). When I got back to my feet and went to stagger back to the computer, the lamp went all the way off when I walked by it. The light going all the way off really caught my attention, bringing the phenomenon to the forefront of my thoughts.

I figured I'd bring this to your attention. To be honest, I am not that interested in it and am not really looking for any answers, but I know that there are many here that are interested in this type of activity, so I figured I'd share it.

Lousy typing errors edited

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting TC.

Maybe its just your electric personality? j/k, heh.

I've never experienced anything of the sort, but I will make sure to ask friends about it and see what they say. Sounds like quite a thought. Its been said by most people in the paranormal fields that our energies can affect the engergies of the things around us. Hmm...

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've heard of people capable of interfering with street lights etc... maybe there's some connection...

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Maybe, I dunno. Of course, I am only a matter of two feet away from the lamp when I walk past it, and it would be more sensitive than a street light that is controlled by a photosensor, so I wouldn't compare the two. That is to say, my situation is not nearly as grand or potent.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As my friend here sparhawk stated.
In many cases those who use their abilities to emit their energies in a more prcticed method can influence electrical objects such as street lights.

I used to think nothing of it when the same one would go out when i would walk by but now more and more different ones will go out as I walk under or close to them.Whether or not I can actually do this I am not sure.
I have not studied it by any means.

And thank you sir for your post!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So, what the heck did you and he say? I am unfocused? Undisciplined? Unable to use the force? Should I be more interested in this?
What is it that you are telling me?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well first off let me direct you to my thread feeling down? this does not particularly apply to everyone it seems that things in our reality have changed a bit and more and more people are being succeptable to experiencing paranormal activity.

When it comes to the electro magnetic impulses of brain activity and waves of energy we emit from our chakras in regards to how they effect technology I dont really know what to say to you.If you want try to explore this feild.

As far as being practiced enough.Many things in the supernatural world do not need anything but to be paid atten to and acknowledged and the rest may come timmbling down the rabbit hole after you?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
So, what the heck did you and he say? I am unfocused? Undisciplined? Unable to use the force? Should I be more interested in this?
What is it that you are telling me?

Ever have a TV with rabbit ears? A portable radio with an antenna?

Know how sometimes touching the antenna or rabbit ears can change (improve/degrade) the reception? Sometimes just moving near the thing can cause a change.

I think a similar principle is at work here. Our bodies generate electromagnetic fileds (EM); in fact our nervous systems are analogous to the circutry you'd find in any complex electro-mechanical device.

The more you work out, the more your nerves fire the muscles in your body to pump those weights; and the faster that effort causes the iron-rich blood in your body to course through the EM field you're generating, the more likely it is that you're energizing a significant EM field about your body.

The increased "amperage" of your body's EM field is likely what is causing the effects you are witnessing.

The "touch-sensitive" lamps work off a galvanic response to the conductivity of the skin; you're simply extending that conductivity by generating more... juice.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's common - but it's always nice to hear someone that don't really care about 'this stuff' experience it

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

RF Touch lamps are RF-operated devices that often cause, or are susceptible to, EMI problems. They have a free running oscillator that is very broad and rich in harmonic energy. This oscillator is hooked up to a touch plate that changes the frequency of the oscillator when a hand is placed near the plate. Unfortunately, this plate also acts as an antenna, radiating some of the energy of the oscillator, or picking up nearby radio signals. When the former happens, it can interfere with other services. When the latter happens, the circuitry inside the lamp reacts the same way that it would when the plate is touched -- the lamp changes states from "off" to "on".
[url=http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/touchlamp.html]>LINK

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have two touch lamps in my living room. It's funny, because I'm the only one that can operate them most of the time. It has to do with the yours EM field I believe, as the plates on the lamp react to that. You work out near them, or walk past them, and your EM field is higher, the touch plate with feel it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Ever have a TV with rabbit ears? A portable radio with an antenna?

Know how sometimes touching the antenna or rabbit ears can change (improve/degrade) the reception? Sometimes just moving near the thing can cause a change.

Okay, I'll be honest. I almost dropped my coffee cup when I saw the author of this paranormal thread

I have had this radio frequency disturbance a LOT. Especially when the signal is already disturbed by certain atmospheric pressures.
But I never had issues with the lights. Could it have anything to do with the wiring in the house, ie old wiring???

You have to touch the lamp with bare skin to get it to bump it up or turn it on/off.
(I'd also like to know why you have to touch the lamp with bare skin---nothing else, including a fingernail--will work
)

[edit on 17-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
(Uh-Oh)

Everyone hide the mods are coming!

AS far as I can tell it could be a loose connector or something that when
He walks by it.The lamp or plug in could be shifting due to his weight on the ground.

With motion,light or energy or contact sensitive electronics.Most people think of the physical aspect of the triggers such as sunlight,someone moving through the sensor,or touch of a human hand.

Apparently all the forementioned are all essentialy made of the same thing.
energy.Supposing that all physical matter is condensed or slowed energy.
One wonders of such things we witches and such talk about.

psyballs or collected pools of energy can be used in many ways.It is said that when one truly conentrates(and there are many different methods)
one can collect energy and shape it using their mind.

One slant at the whole matrix spoon thing,is that in reality we create the spoon with thought of its exsistence based on the fact that we truly believe it to be there to the point of true fact in our minds.With such an attachment to its physical exsistence as being infallable,the spoons structure of information and energy can only be bent by the means in which we truly believe we can manipulate it .through physical means.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm guessing that your body had a pretty good static electricity charge and the field from that could be interfering with the field of the lamp conductors.

There's some capacitance involved as well, otherwise your body couldn't retain the static charge.

Discharge of the body's static electricity field is very much like the discharge from a charged capacitor. (Capacitors have the ability to store electricity, but they're not a battery which is a chemical/energy device.)

Fwiw - I worked for the electric utility industry for quite a while, but this particular area is/was a little out of my field of expertise since I was an operator/dispatcher.

One thing I did notice was that static electricity buildup in your body was much stronger within the field of the high voltage transmission lines, busses etc. in the operating building than it was when in a similar building with similar carpet some distance from the high voltage equipment.
Sometimes the discharge when stepping off the carpeted floor and hitting one of the steel underfloor cable access plates would make a loud cracking noise and it felt like you'd stepped on a nail.

Some bodies conduct electricity better than others.
Diet perhaps.
I do know that some people are more acidic than others.
I can handle freshly machined parts and seldom leave a "rust-print" on them.
My friend who hails from the island of Malta - and eats more fruit than I do - can't touch a clean piece of bare metal without leaving his rust-prints on it.

To this day I have a small lathe chuck he handled when new perhaps 20 years ago.
His prints are still on it and probably won't come off until the scrubbing involves material removal which I am wont to do.

And perhaps the lamp's dimming is similar to what YeahRight pointed out with the RF device.
Seems if you had a static electricity charge of considerable voltage within your body just strolling by the lamp could affect it.

One small test would be to walk by the lamp barefoot and see what happens.
I'm betting not much.

Things may be more apparent if you wear a pair of shoes with high insulation value.
Sneakers, athletic shoes with rubber sole for instance.

An interesting phenomenon to say the least.

(Edited for completeness and punctuation.)

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Desert Dawg]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One additional thing I meant to point out and it's probably better in a separate post.

I wonder if the body's aura as seen by Kirlian photography increases to a great degree after physical exercise?

I'm pretty sure there would be a stronger aura if the body was charged with static electricity.

One Kirlian photo I saw was of a man and woman who kissed.
The aura was particularly strong at the points where they touched and strongest in the lip area.

It would be interesting to shoot a Kirlian photo of a static charged body near a couple of 120 volt AC conductors such as the lamp wiring.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I took not just a double take but a triple take when I saw the title of this thread and where it was posted and whom it was by

I need to gain my composure then I'll come back and comment LOL.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bhadhidar, thanks, that makes sense.

Majestica, I figured it would bowl some people over!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello..
--Definately sounds curious!
May I ask if you are more emotionally charged about something lately? I have had wierd electrical problems that usually happen when I am either very angry or very sad.. usually just upset in general. so If you were going through an emotionally tough time- the weight lifting might pump up an emotion just as it does the body. Hope my rambling makes some sense

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have read of one person who had lost their job more than once, accused of sabotaging the computers. The employers deduced that when the computers were frying out no one else could have done it. they didn't believe that it was happening spontaneously, but this person was distraught because it kept happening and there was no way to control it.
The other related phenomena is the spontaneous human combustion. This is very bizarre. In some cases the people burn to ashes, yet nothing else around them catches fire.

HS

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Okay, here is what to do. Get a test subject and use yourself also, drop the dumbell on his/her toe and have the test subject walk by the lamp. In fact do both of ya, find someone who is willing to make a few bucks for a few minutes of pain. Shouldn't be to difficult, some people work their whole life for money and are in pain as soon as they reach the office.

If the lamp only goes dim when you walk by, it is a dumbell demon trying to get you intersested in posting on paranormal subjects with some of the rest of the people here who think they are the cause of everything instead of being possessed by a spirit.

If the lamp goes dim when both of you walk by, it is a dumbell demon trying to get you intersested in posting on paranormal subjects with some of the rest of the people here who think they are the cause of everything instead of being possessed by a spirit.

If the lamp goes dim when the subject walks by but not you this time, the evil spirit in you has left you and entered your paid subject. Consider yourself a fortunate lad and get rid of the test subject as quick as possible.

The preceding annoucement was brought to you by

Honor Seed

and my opinion in no way is meant to degrade, alter or otherwise confuse those who wish to keep their erroneous beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join