It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.S: #08 TZS: Back to Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

PODcast: #08 TZS: Back to Business
Latest News of podcasts, What's in Zedd's iPod, and some general fun. Just a return to podcasting...

length: 20:23
file: atsspod_1259.mp3
size: 9558k
feed: atss

[edit on 16-1-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Loved it! Loved the song! Nothing else to say. Loved it.

If I had more to say it would go here.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I did like that song, heck, i'm going to listen to the cast again just to hear it.

Oh, the rest of the podcast was good too.

Glad to see you back with us Z.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love the fact you include music-not that your voice isn't ear-candy itself
but, I love music and that song seemed more than appropriate. Great to have you back!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ok, I was going to try to leave my comment limited to the one above, but I have to add...

As for your barely mentioned dielemma of 'lowering standards'-in everything-ITA...and it REALLY hit a chord with me so to speak, so excuse me if I go off on a rant for a second since you barely touched on it.

So, besides world issues of lowered standards and expectations, maybe starting with ATS here is an idea: How about ATS stop rewarding dumbass posts?! I have lurked for some time, and on the threads that interest me-TRUE conspiracies-I STILL DO JUST LURK...usually in awe of what I read and the eloquence of what is said-some people are very articulate and well informed and I drool over the info-but only lurk.

Why? Because I'm shy
NO, because I'm paranoid!
and I wont stick my neck out in public on real issues-even anonymously incognito
just not at that comfort level yet...and I'm obviously not as articulate

However one night while browsing behind the scenes...I registered and started posting on a safe (read: basically below par/kind of stupid) thread...just to get to know people...get a feel for the atmosphere on the inside...make some friends
and though I didn't misrepresent myself, I certainly played lowest common denominator not thinking I'd ever really stay registered, but make a few posts and continue to lurk on topics of real interest etc

But as I browsed seeing the points of the posters I became really confused at how some seeminlgy idiots, had what seemed to me at the time "lots of points" (retrospectively they don't have that many compared to some quality posters and the moderators etc, but at the time it seemed so)

...and as I was thinking about quality topics and threads vs truly stupid ones, not just intellectually inferior ones, but silly/stupid ones, conversational ones, rediculous ones etc... and the point system one night which I disagree with WHOLEHEARTEDLY because it rewards so many dumbasses, I decided to discuss "on the fly" a religious conspiracy, and even- subliminally and quite ineffeciently attempted to explemplify the problem with the ATS system etc.

Its not the point system I disagree with entirely, (don't dock my points!
) it's just the seemingly abuse of the board for this reward...people know how to work it-the write the titles that will draw the crowds-ask the questions that will bring the answers, incite the masses for replies. But none of that makes for a quality posts in of itself-yet they are rewarded and those that contribute are-in such a symbiotic environment in search of reward, I fear we will continue to see lowered standards of what is accepted and passes for acceptable. I refuse to do such-write a thread just to incite people or just to get points-but I am guilty of playing on the boards for more hobby like interests and have inadvertantly made some friends and I'm ashamed of my substandardness in posting as times...

However since I otherwise just lurk on more pertinent subjects...I had to do something under the radar for points, right? So I started "contributing" but to what? and to what end?

I'm just saying maybe there should be a revision of how points are assessed, so truly only quality posts are...now I know you are thinking well thats what applause is for and way above etc...but while that rewards the good...maybe there needs to be more of a risk for the posts that contribute to lowering the standards of ATS?

Just a thought...I know...how would such be identified? Well this is long enough and bordering on chit-chatting or ranting...and I know it would call for more work for the moderators-sorry! But hell there's got to be a way. I've been chit-chatting it seems lately-and while I hate to admit it-but it's true and while community is important aspect of posting online, I dunno...but-maybe that should be cause for docked points...it would keep it from getting out of hand...or going too far...I feel so guilty about it frankly, that I always try to include something ON TOPIC in a post that seems chit-chatty...or off topic...dock my points if you must

anyway, sorry to go on-but I feel guilty since registering that though I've been applauded for things and do appreciate it, I can't see anything of value I've contributed and feel GUILTY for adding to lowered standards to be honest

ANYWAY-Zedd -nice to have you back-great casting-and now do something about the lowered standards on ATS and in the move on to fixing whats awry in world, would ya?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Gosh, I finally got to listen to some of these longer podcasts today and I have to say, I am missing a lot. Zedd your show is fabulous and I am so glad I finally listened to!

I was so "down" having to go to work today, but since I was alone decided to just play the long podcasts in the background while I worked. It definately made the day brighter.

Now about that song, I'm confused, is that an original of you? Can we have a link to the song by itself. I really liked it.

*Relentless bows down again to the musical contributions of ATS Podpeople*

Not to take away from your show in general - I love it!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Now about that song, I'm confused, is that an original of you? Can we have a link to the song by itself. I really liked it.

Thanks much!

I don't think I'll get to a show this week and I have to out of town for a few days, so next show will just have to wait.

As for the music, it's from the podsafe music network of which I am a member and I report back when I play it (it's not me singing - lol).

This artist is named Anonymous and you can find him here (and I'm sure I'll play more).
www.anonymoushiphop.com...

Sorry, I usually put in all the links, but this last week I forgot and got busy.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I don't think I'll get to a show this week and I have to out of town for a few days, so next show will just have to wait.

Oh fine then, story of my life - suck me in and then take off -

Typical Man -

top topics

join