It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran now trying to prove the Holocaust didn't happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran, whose president has denied the Holocaust, said Sunday it would hold a conference to examine the scientific evidence concerning Nazi Germany's extermination of 6 million Jews.

www.cnn.com...

I guess if your insane president says something completely crazy, you can always try and adjust the facts so that he/she doesn't seem so insane.

The United States will soon hold a conference to examine the evidence as to whether 'entrepreneur' is actually a french word.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I guess if your insane president says something completely crazy, you can always try and adjust the facts so that he/she doesn't seem so insane.

just like most americans will believe anything Bush throws in their face

ps how the hell do you prove something didnt happen with
enough evidence and testimoies of victims to fill (think of a large object)

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, it ought to be a real laugh riot. I'm sure it'll be a who's who of deniers, and self-loathing Jews. After a week or so of slander and bigotry the conclusion will be thus: The Holocaust did not happen, and it is all a concocted fable created by the evil Jeeeewwwwsss to rule the world through the collective guilt of the western world. oh yeah, and to get rich.
But the heroic Iranians have seen through the glitz, and the fog and revealed the truth to a world that will be truely grateful. Or something along those lines

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
just like most americans will believe anything Bush throws in their face

I know, that's why I added the entrepreneur comment. Remember when Bush said the problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur, when that word is in fact French?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone else die in that war? Notice how the holocaust is repeated on TV and hammered into your head when the subject of the Middle East and Israel pops up.

The last time I checked, most of the dead were not jewish nor were they in the Middle East. Let's move on. You wouldn't want to bring back old ghost to bite you in the azz.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
When you say holocaust, you are implying large numbers of deaths of a certain ethnic group, right?

Now tell me, the last time you opened a history book, how many events in history fits this description?

Let's move on. The truth is....... well, eventually some of you people will find out.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And the mere suggestion from a person in Iran about an event in the distant past somehow justifies the intervention of the US?

I already know what is going to happen, and no one will come out of this looking very pretty.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
Anyone else die in that war?

Well, I wasn't alive so I couldn't really be sure. I've been told that's the case, but that could all be a myth too, right?

Notice how the holocaust is repeated on TV and hammered into your head when the subject of the Middle East and Israel pops up.

No, not really. Iran is the only party hammering it at all to my knowledge.

Let's move on. You wouldn't want to bring back old ghost to bite you in the azz.

Sure, call Ahmadinejad and tell him that.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes, yes, other people besides Jews died during WWII. Happy now? The others who died, however, were not mocked on Nazi propoganda films, and radio to the extent that the Jews were. The reason the Holocaust is mentioned in regard to the Middle East should be self evident. The creation of the state of Isreal was a major catalyst in creating the situation in the Middle East as it stands today, for good or for ill. It bears mentioning because of its historical relevence.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Who is sailing tickets to this show?
I would think that is going to be one of the biggest bullpooing slinging show of some time!

Next thing you know he will outlaw reading and writing to keep his people in the dark.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yeah, too bad it will be quoted as gospel in many places in the Middle East by the mostly rabidly anti-semetic arab press. It'll be typical denier claptrap. How the 6 million was actually only 1 million, or that the missing Jews were actually allowed to imigrate to the US, and were living in Queens, or some equally outlandish nonsense.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seagull

What is a semite? This question you should answer. Arabs from Egypt, Irak, Saudi-Arabia, Iran and Palestine are semites so we who know the people (not just jews) in the Holocaust camps died of tyfus and not gassing are not anti-semites.

Sep

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
Seagull

What is a semite? This question you should answer. Arabs from Egypt, Irak, Saudi-Arabia, Iran and Palestine are semites so we who know the people (not just jews) in the Holocaust camps died of tyfus and not gassing are not anti-semites.

Iranians aren't Arabs

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just for clarity "Answers.com" defines semite as:

# A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
# A Jew.
# Bible. A descendant of Shem

Whereas technicially, an anti-semite would be someone who is against any or all semitic peoples, that is NOT the common useage today
Clearly, today, in the Western Wold, anti-semite refers to someone/group/organization which is anti-Jewish.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Bodrul, two thumbs up and every toe I can manager for your avatar.

Thats priceless!

As for this Iranian guy, Can you really beleive some of the things he's telling the world?

Saddam atleast came on TV, TRYING diplomatically to say he had nothing.
We have no WMD american is wrong, if you come here you will die in the streets of baghdad....and so on and so on.

BUT NOW?

we've got a newly elected pm, who came from ' no where ' in this supposed LEGITIMATE internal iranian election, publically, to masses of people chanting his tune, ''Death to Israel & America.

He's just walked through doors the UN Demanded be shut, because it gave him the opportunity to build a nuclear device, While saying another country should be wiped off the map by all means nessecary.

Now, he has decided to try on Hitlers shoes, by saying the slaughter of millions of jews is justified, simply because they are jews.

And what has GW done?

Sent your forces, your international CREDABILITY to a country, that was no threat. that had no weapons, and to be honest..

Probably would of ASSISTED in the war that was going to happen because of fate..

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Once again certain people change the subject to suit their agenda, tsk, tsk, tsk

This is nothing more then an attempt by Iran to legitimize its own twisted and distorted views about Jews and the Holocaust. Like others have said before me, no matter how you try to spin and dress this “Conference” it still smells like BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah thats right Westy, I mean there's only so many different ways you can spin

' Israel should be wiped of the map '

How about ya spin this one for me.

Iran says it wants nuclear technology for peaceful purposes. They dont want the material it can create to make big bombs.
So why, when the RUSSIANS offered them the territory, the materials, and the transport costs of the power in Russia land, so Russians could watch over it?

What is so special about the materials, that the IRANIANS need to have it in there posession?... with all that messy diplomatic crap about safely storing waste..

top topics

join