It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: Toronto's Crime Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

PODcast: Toronto's Crime Problems
Deus discusses the problems facing Toronto's growing crime problems. Words tend to fail him.

length: 05:55
file: ptspod_1212.mp3
size: 5554k
feed: pts

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

PODcast: Toronto's Crime Problems (reply 1)
BH's questions and opinions on drug crime.

length: 04:12
file: ptspod_1214.mp3
size: 1970k
feed:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

PODcast: Toronto's Crime Problems (reply 2)
Deus clarifies what he said, and talks about how the issue works. Sort of. Maybe.

length: 11:13
file: ptspod_1215.mp3
size: 10525k
feed:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Drugs aren't the problem. If they were 100% completely legal and purchasable through an LCBO type of outlet(that kicks the street drugs ass quality wise) then the criminals will just find something else to make an easy buck over like Forced Prostitution(sex slavery), Underground Gambling, Loansharking, After Hours Clubs etc etc etc etc etc....... just look at the Capone era in Chicago and that was mostly due to Prohibition of Alcohol. Re-Legalize it and they had to find something else to support their "enterprise".

Blaming Drugs is just as much of a copout as blaming Gun Owners for not securing their guns when it's quite obvious that they are being targetted via the Gun Registry program.

The basic problem is Human Nature in wanting to get something for nearly nothing and that will ALWAYS be an issue.

Now I know you won't like to hear this DE as I know you come from the Right side of the law, I grew up in intimate contact with the Wrong side of the law and probably know how they think better then most. Always at arms length though and never involved. I've also given up Pot use years ago so it's not like I'm defending my habit heh. Point being, remove the Drugs as a lucrative business and they would just move onto something else without batting an eyelash.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh? Purchaseable, eh?

I agree with that sentiment, to an extent. For softer drugs such as pot, sure. But for stuff like rock, PCP, or meth...well, I don't. the last two drugs I listed (PC and meth) are like psychotic-breakdown-in-a-can. I'm sure you'll agree that all of them mess you up something royal.

Now, rockheads don't usually commit violent crimes, but they do commit B&E quite often to support their habits.

You can't just say legalize all drugs, that'd be awful. Legalize soem drugs, yes. Legalize the ones (like pot) which organized crime are turning huge profits on, and stop the money from flowing in, and it'll maul them bad.

DE

new topics

top topics

join