It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the follow up stories on disasters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why have i not seen several follow up stories on the recent disasters in the US and abroad? Whats going on with the rebuiling of New Orleans after Katrina, the Gulf Coast after Rita, SE Asia after the tsunami? Is it that we don't care or is there something to hide?

I feel we aren't told what is going on in New Orleans because if we knew how much fraud, waste and abuse was going on down there, and how much of our tax dollars are being wasted there would be an uproar. Bottom line, we shouldn't be rebuilding anything there. It is a bad place to concentrate population in.

But why the lack of info on the rebuilding efforts? News organizations broadcast 24/7 when the disaster was ongoing, but what is happening now?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know they recently found that the death toll from Katrina was not only much smaller than originaly reported, but white people dies in much higher numbers than minorities. Both facts that have not been reported much.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They won't follow up on the tsunami because they don't want you to see that those areas that were affected are still in shambles. Which would then lead to the next question which would be "Where did all the hundreds of billions of freakin' dollars go?".

Peace

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There have been quite a few followup stories on the Tsunami on the web.
I'm not sure about the other media outlets.

news.google.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree Dr Love. The limited info i can get points to alot of fraud, especially on the part of the refugees. It is simply not good common sense to rebuild, at the cost of billions of $'s in this area.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
and how much of our tax dollars are being wasted there would be an uproar.

No there wouldn't. Look at how much the 911 money was abused. Heck, look at how much we know the katrina money is being abused.

No one cares.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I can tell you from first hand experience that nothing is being rebuilt in New Orleans at this time. I live 60 miles from there. It's looks like a war zone. The problem is that there is no housing for workers to come in and help rebuild. I have a friend who lives in New Orleans. His home was destroyed and he is living in a trailer on his property (no utilities). The restaurant he worked in finally reopened this weekend. The owner did 90% of the work himself because there was no one else to do it. Most of the wait staff and crew have left New Orleans. Being one of the first restaurants to reopen in that particular area of town they are so busy they can't keep up. One of my in-laws lives in the downtown area. She didn't have flooding but lost a good bit of her roof. Unfortunately, there are no roofers available to fix it. I have a close friend in Biloxi. It's destroyed, as is Gulf Shores. It will take years to rebuild. The New Orleans I have known all my life is gone. It will never be the same. You're getting very little information because there is no information to get. The teaching hospitals are closed and waiting on money for repairs that will probably be a long time in coming. The doctors moved on long ago. A few public schools finally reopened this week for second semester. Until there is a viable school system up and running, people with children can't go home. I have lived this for four months. My home town has doubled its population and there is no end in sight. I have many, many friends still harboring friends and family from New Orleans and Mississippi. There is little news because none of it is good. New Orleans was a beautiful, elegant city (not without its faults of course). Unfortunately, I am afraid 75% of it is dead and will not rise again. Randy Newman was right. We've been washed away.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Awesome post Jones, thats what i was looking for. You are there and that is the best info we can get on the outside. I am curious to know if you agree with me that it is illogical to rebuild in that spot. Godspeed and God Bless you and yours. I hope to will be alright. And keep the info coming

top topics

join