It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEST Alien picture ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

My name is Serpentime.

The image below appears at Peregrine Communications Reports and is alleged to be a likely authentic photograph of a non-terrestrial being, commonly referred to as an "Alien".

According to the testimony of well-known UFO researcher Robert Dean, a Mexican Federal Policeman approached him at a Mexico City UFO conference, offered him the picture, and claimed to know that it was genuine.

Upon reflection, Dean claims to have become even-mindedly impressed...

The image also appears briefly in the video "UFOs: Fifty Years of Denial", from Quick Fox Production; First, in the opening sequence, and then approximately fourty minutes later during the Dean interview segment.

While the picture is displayed prominently for a few seconds, neither Dean, nor the producers, offer any further comment or explanation about it within the narrative (unfortunately).

Granted, we have all seen our fair share of supposed Alien pictures, but this one seems to adhere to my mind a little bit better than most others...

Is Dean right?

What do you think?

[Or, better yet, what do you know...]

Thanks,

Serpentime

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
lol
hahaha WTF.
nice one

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've heard that the alien supposedly has a broken neck in the photo.

I think its supposed to be one of the crew from the Roswell crash.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There are so few good alien pictures around at all. There have been numerous threads about pictures of which people have offered explanations. This is one of the few that makes the rounds. If this thread is given enough time, someone will hopefully be able to identify its true origins.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sorry but it looks like a drawing to me! When and where was this picture supposedly taken?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeval
Sorry but it looks like a drawing to me! When and where was this picture supposedly taken?

Hanger 18, I think. Or some section of Groom Lake in its early years......

Or even Fort Worth Army Air Base, If we are indeed talking Roswell.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would be interested in knowing exactly what year this picture was taken. If it isn't a drawing, which to my eye it appears to be, it was certainly taken with a camera much older than the fourties (around the time of the Rosewell crashes). If you see pictures from the Civil War, the lines are clearer and there is better light quality.

Anyone know the date of it being taken?

Many things could explain the condition of the picture from old film to bad developing (Which would be plausible, especially since I doubt anyone would have wanted this to be developed by their pharmicist. Amateur home-developing is quite believable). Not to mention the fact that not all of the shading makes sense, especially up around the forehead (would you call that part of an E.B.E. a forehead?) and the eyes. If the subject is dead, it would explain the fogging over dull eyes, but no one could be sure without enough information.

This is a good try, but maybe not the best alien picture ever taken. Hopefully there is one out there better, especially if the government has been dealing with them for years, I wouldn't rule out video tape, but until the truth is uncovered.....

It is still a cool picture!

Guinpi
s=

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There's a clearer picture of it in black and white that shows more of it, and it's neck is twisted. It was from a UFO crash, I don't know which one.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Real. that's my take. Looks familiar to me. And like so many others I have seen. What do you expect from a pic taken th the late 40's and probably stolen by someone with big huevos to get the word out?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Not a drawing.

Looks impressive with the detail around the eyes. If this was 1974 I'd give it a little better chance of being real. The story behind it is...strange. I would think the Mexican government would have pressed hard for answers from the US. This seemed to be the best site that I could find on the story tied into the picture:

members.optusnet.com.au...

The trip to Atlanta makes sense if the resources of the CDC (Center for Disease Control) were needed. Though I would think a team from the CDC would of been sent out instead.

Robert Dean also is tied in with another crash according to this same site:

members.optusnet.com.au...

Don't want to go too far down this road, there may already be another post on this Mexico crash...I don't want to rehash old stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Looks authentic.. But i'm not expert. From the picture its neck is mangled, and you can tell it would be almost impossible for a person to breath if that was a suit. Its real in my book..

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gunman
Looks authentic.. But i'm not expert. From the picture its neck is mangled, and you can tell it would be almost impossible for a person to breath if that was a suit. Its real in my book..

My sentiments exactly. I also think it's real.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
hmmmm ... interesting ...

I agree in that the picture has the appearance of crudity out of synch with the late 40's ... film cameras were relatively advanced by then in regards to basic photo emulsions and lens/camera technolgy ... especially considering that the photo is of a stationary object ... in addition, what seems a bit strange (and this could have happened later ... is the odd aspect ratio at something like a 1 by 2 instead of a more common 2 by 3 / 3 by 5 / 5 by 7/ square format ... and there does not seem to be any attempt at supplemental light (given the somewhat harsh lighting conditions and the general tendency for cameras of this era to be less light sensitive ) ... I find it odd that additional light was not used ... (but perhaps this hypothetical photo was taken on the sly?)

... one casual test for something like this is to examine the highest resolution photo ... of the eyes ... notice that there are mild "catch lights" ... now the (very large) eyes being reflective surfaces, and given enough light, should capture to some degree what ever is in front of it ... actually its a somewhat common problem for closeup portrait photographers ... because the last thing you want is an obtrusive reflected image of the photographer or equipment (reflectors, flash etc) mirrored in the eyes ... in fact, one of the basic chores of the photographer is the controlled application of "catchlight" to give the eyes sparkle ... or none at all for a more "natural light" look.

Sam

[edit on 3-1-2006 by LCKob]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Interesting picture. I looked at it about all night.

By the way, what is that writing above the right eye ((three lines, with a triangle on the line above the eye (lowest line) with 3 spots in it?)) and that would be the left top of the picture?

I couldn't quite clear it up, but it is not writing I have seen before, in fact, it is rather -- strange!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And here is the best I can do with whatever type of calligraphy it is, and the only place I can show it.

dimensionalcitizen.tripod.com...

Hope noone minds, as explanation of what I did is also there with the images at the link above.

Best I can do with any of it, and original film image was used via link given somwhere at one of those other links listed in other postings above.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm just seeing a drawing there, not a pic, but thats just me.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There was a looong thread about this image a few months back. If I remember correctly, there was a slight majority with the opinion that it's a drawing. I used to think that picture was real, but now I'm not so sure. Zoomed out it really does look like it could be a Escher-quality, life-like drawing. Who knows, maybe it's a drawing of a real EBE...but that's just speculation and does us no good at all.

Still if any picture of an alien that's circulating out there is real, it's that one. Fake or not, after years of looking, it's the only image I've seen that's actually made me stop and take serious notice.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks, everyone.

I appreciate your comments.

For more information, please check out the link that I provided. There are two more semi-color edits of the image there, too, for whatever they are worth.

And kudos to Boogie for the extra research...

The image quality is not as good as I would prefer, either. In fact, if one could obtain a copy of "UFOs: Fifty Years of Denial", you will get a better sense that this is, indeed, a photograph, and not a drawing. The detail is somewhat clearer--but not perfect--on my television screen.

It would be very interesting if Bob Dean could provide the original picture, or at least some of the analytical detail people have been asking for...

[I believe that it was Robert Collins who suggested that the neck was broken. To me, it is only twisted. If one looks closely enough, it has also been suggested that the finger of a hand appears just beneath the rear base of the skull; possibly holding the head up and turning it to the right for the photographer to take the shot...]

As for myself, personally, I know little more than what has been conveyed here...

Like everyone else, I too, would like to learn more about this image--particularly its provenance, and the date of its exposure, as some others have also asked.

To borrow from Nullster:

Originally posted by Nullster
There are so few good alien pictures around at all... If this thread is given enough time, someone will hopefully be able to identify its true origins.

My hopes exactly.

If it's genuine, let's document it.

If it's a fake, then I'd like to prove why.

Thanks again,

Serpentime

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized
And here is the best I can do with whatever type of calligraphy it is, and the only place I can show it.

dimensionalcitizen.tripod.com...

Thank you for the analysis. Very interesting...

What is it that you have there?

I can make out some patterns in the shading (possible bruising?), but am not sure if I can see any deliberate script...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I edited in image I made of one alien composite I have here at the office. I did a fairly quick edit to approximate the image posted. A little to my surprise my aliens body lines are pretty close to the image. There is only a little photoshop work to align the two looks physicaly. Unless there are multiple images of the original, it's just another big question mark that needs serious validation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join