It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, we humans are on top of it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We believed that the earth was flat, that the sun moved around the earth, that god became a man, that an ape became a man, that only birds could fly, that the moon was made of cheese, that the War of the Worlds was real and taking place between all the disclaimers to the contrary by the radio station, that humans are alone in a universe filled with billions of star systems, that there is a free lunch, and that Hillary Clinton would make a good president.

We can be gullible sometimes.

But when it’s all said and done we can't claim to know what another person has or has not experienced in their lives, unless we think we are god.

Many stories about extraterrestrials are false

Most claims of extraterrestrial contact are fact

Disclosure will not come from any government agency or clandestine UFO organization

If it happens at all it will come from the horse’s mouth, the extraterrestrials themselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I get the point you're trying to make, but a lot of the examples of things you claim us humans believe were only believed at one time, or by a small group of people, since disproved, or never really believed at all. When did the human race believe that the moon was actually made of cheese? As far as I know that was just a story that's been told to children but not something that any serious adults or large population ever believed.

And who exactly said that God became a man? All I was ever told was that Jesus Christ was the son of God and his prophet on Earth. As far as I can recall, Jesus and God are two different beings. I also don't think it was completely unreasonable for people to believe that the Earth was flat or that the Sun revolved around Earth many centuries ago. With today's technology we obviously know that neither are true- in fact we've known long before today's technology. But the point I'm trying to make here is that if it wasn't told otherwise to you or I, we could very well believe that the world was flat and that the sun revolves around our planet.

So basically I don't agree with your examples because I don't think that they really are good examples of the human race's overall beliefs. Except for maybe the Hillary Clinton being a good president thing. I think that those who believe Hillary would be a good president do a lot to make the human race look like complete morons!

Anyway, I do agree that it will most likely be up to the aliens themselves whether or not the human race as a whole ever completely confirms their existence. The government (at least the US) obviously doesn't believe that we're ready to face the fact of alien existence and I don't think that belief will ever change in our lifetimes. Even if it did, without any concrete evidence we might not believe the government anyhow.

So next time one of you ATS members are abducted by the aliens that frequently visit you, please ask them to disclose themselves to the human race as a whole so that we can finally put this issue to rest and stop speculating!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Like....

ALien: Give us all your women and Children and we will spare your planet.

Sounds good too me now we have an excuse for all of man too get off this planet and too save our women from the aliens and for the government(S) too disclose all the darkest secreats in its arsenal.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"I get the point you're trying to make" == Rasputin

Or did you let sleeper pull your chain ? I suspect this is sardonic humor with a touch of fishing expedition
thrown in. Sleeper put lots of bait on that hook. Sarcasm and pessimism is a troll-mark trademark.
One way to believe that sleeper is serious with this post would be to have him/her admit to actually
being Hillary Clinton. At which point I would have to apologize for this reply.

On a more serious note, and assuming this was supposed to be a disclosure type post, Rasputin, you hit the nail on the head.

"Anyway, I do agree that it will most likely be up to the aliens themselves whether or not the human race as a whole ever completely confirms their existence." == Rasputin

Right on. Disclosure can only come from the horses mouth. Any other source means that there aint no horse.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
When did the human race believe that the moon was actually made of cheese?

Back in the sixties and seventies the government had huge warehouses in every city filled with tons of "government cheese" but no one wanted it, where did it all go?
I think the Apollo space program had nothing to do with retrieving moon rocks, and more to do with hauling cheese to the moon.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
and that Hillary Clinton would make a good president.

Sorry when it is not just the topic but because you mentioned it and I am courious about the reason of this your opinion: Why do you think Hillary would make a bad president? You can send me an u2u to not spoil the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
In response to Rasputin13 ( because I support the theme of this main post, and sorry I didn't post exact quotes, still figuring out this site
:

How can you say that you don't believe most of the people on this planet, in the respective times, did not believe the conventional wisdom of the time, such as the flat earth scenario. Information has always been controlled- people were publicly shunned ( or, excommunicated, as it were ) for not believing that the earth was the center of the universe. They made ridiculous leaps to connect it to their theology. And speaking of theology, mainstream Christianity believes that Christ was God in the flesh. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't believe this, and one could make an argument from the New Testament to support your idea, however, all the mainstream denominations believe that Christ is God the Son, part of the Holy Trinity, and even though there is an apparent plurality there in the idea of this deity, they mainly see it as a SINGULAR god. The idea of Christ being merely a prophet is closer to Islam.

Just saying

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Information troughout history has not been hidden from the regular folk. Take for example Da Vinci's work, Galileo, the tales of Greeks.

I don't remember reading that when Columbus came back from the Atlantic the NWO of the medieval age covering up. In fact as soon as he came back the were placing people in ships to come back and colonize. I don't recall people committing mass suicide in Spain, or panicking by the news.

That's why I believe some of this conspiracies are foolish and if in fact the government is hidding something they are even more of a fools.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Bunch]

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

that god became a man,

We can be gullible sometimes.

God did become a man. The man Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and rose again on the third day. There were 500 witnesses to the resurrection and many were willing to die rather than deny what they saw.

Since resurrections in the name of Jesus still occur to this day I will trust that evidence far more than any dubious UFO experience. I still find it telling that most of the 'aliens' are so intent on denying Jesus Christ. They deliberately choose to fail the test John the apostle gave for testing false spirits.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's very easy to slide this statement in, without qualification.

Please, for the sake of your opinion, define what you mean by 'most'? If you mean more than 50%, then please supply me the data that you used to determine that more than 50% of ET contact claims are fact?

There's inherent bias that can be read into the use of the word 'most'. It's misleading and it can't be used to firmly support the opinion that you intend it to support.

Back it up, or it's not worth writing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Whaa???

Dude, put down the wine glass and walk away.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sleeper is the same guy with the thread "I'm coming clean on E.T"

[edit on 11-9-2007 by keops]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

That is exactly my question...Sleeper..A bit of a contradiction there...Care to clarify?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Whaa???

Dude, put down the wine glass and walk away.

I don’t drink much wine really, so there is nothing to put down.

Many “stories” are false---there are plenty of ufo stories by people who don’t claim contact, but have second hand info.

Most claims of “contact” by abductees are fact

Big difference

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Sleeper, thank you for returning to clarify that.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As far as there being over 500 witnesses to the alleged death, burial, resurection story, think about all the alleged witnesses to seeing Elvis after he died. Faith doesn't require proof, so it always amazes me when Christians try to offer it!
Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

Also makes me wonder, If Morality is hard wired in our brains then why do we need religion? I feel it's all about money and power. Fear the almighty and give your money away. "Give what to Ceasar is his and to God what is his" Sounds like double payment to me. I prefer giving to people and friends in need of your help and to respect each other. It sounds like giving your money to God is like giving your money to a greedy being. Why does God need your money? Only the preacher's need that. I agree with you Sleeper on the part about humans being, being so gullible and easily deceived. But God is a completely different God to the one in the bible. That's just my personal belief. I do believe in a God. I believe he gave us free will for a reason. I also believe that aliens if there is any?, will be the ones to disclose their existance, but only allow us ( government), to disclose it on their behave.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by Solarskye]

top topics

join