It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hell cannot exist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
I cannot accept that the sins I commit in my short lifespan of 70 or 80 yrs on this earth will condem me to hell for eternity. When compared to eternity, our lifespan is so miniscule that it doesn't register. Nothing that I could possibly do while here, justifies being condemed to hell for all eternity... No God I worship would do such a thing!

Ahem... Life on Earth is a test for whether or not we truly belong with God in the holy kingdom. There are two types of christians... those who seek God because they love Him and want to live with him in heaven, and those who seek God because they are selfish christians who only want to reep the rewards. You sound like a guy who wants to sin sin sin, and then deny the fact that your sinning got you into trouble with God. If you are only a christian so that you can have loads of fun sinning in heaven, I suggest that you get off your computer and onto your knees in prayer and humility.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
By the way... If you look throughout our history, you will see that just about every single great philosopher, revolutionist, renaissance man, artist, inventor, and scholar was deeply religious. Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, all of America's presidents, Leonardo Da Vinci, Nelson Mandela... and countless others who changed the world also believed in God. Tell me about a handfull of aetheists who changed the world for the better, and I'll go lay an egg.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hell does not exist?? WOW........this is one of those threads that spark wars!!!

So, the reality of hell..... this information provided based on a paper written by Evangelist Donald Perkins.

Who created Hell? Many today have a false idea about Hell. Some think that Satan created Hell and has control over it. But in fact, Satan did not create one flame in Hell. Hell was created by God. The Word of God declared that this place was prepared for Satan and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

"And the Devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever." - Revelation 20:10, Isaiah 14:9-19

Sounds pretty real to me.

There are many who teach that when a person dies, without Christ, he goes to the grave and that's it. But not so. Those who die without Christ will face the wrath of God in the pains of Hell. Luke 16:19-31, The Rich man and Lazarus

This Scripture records the account of a certain rich man and a poor beggar named Lazarus. In the account, Lazarus died and was carried by the angels into Abraham's Bosom. The rich man died also and was buried. In verse 23, the rich man lifted up his eyes in Hell, being in torment. In verse 24, the rich man stated that he was tormented in the flames. The flames of Hell are very real.

The word torment means: 1.) Extreme pain or anguish of body or mind 2.) A source of vexation or pain.

There are many other resources on the net that can be found regarding this subject. But here are the finer points.

1.) Hell will be a place of pain and sorrow for the lost, (Luke 16:19-31).

2.) Hell was created by God and not the devil, (Matthew 25:41).

3.) The flames of Hell are forever and will never burn out, (Mark 9:43-48; Isaiah 66:24; Matthew 12:8).

4.) Those who are candidates for this place, (Psalm 9:17; Proverbs 7:5-25; Revelation 21:8).

5.) The five compartments of Hell: (1) Tartarus (2) Abraham's Bosom (3) Hades or Sheol (4) The Abyss (5) The Lake of Fire.

6.)Tthe sinner's complete body will be in Hell's fire, never to die or to be physically destroyed, (after his resurrection and judgment at God's White Throne.) (Revelation 20:11-15; John 5:28, 29).

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
I know this has nothing to do with this thread..but im going to post it anyway....if someone today..was to say that they spoke to god in a burning bush...nobody would believe him..then why should we believe that moses wasnt lying..or that it happened like it did..we are kwik to believe whats in the bible...but why?...and we will not believe something that might of happened more recenlty...it cannot be about proof,because there isnt any proof what happened to moses was real

"we" are quick to believe anything because most of the "we" you are referring to are sheep that don't think for themselves and would rather believe in something that was conjured up to make people behave.

i'm not christian however i believe in the morality of the bible, other than that it's one hell of a story teller!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iconoclaust

Wtf are you talking about.........THIS IS HELL !

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 17-1-2010 by pharaohmoan]

<< 1  2   >>

join