It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation of a Moderate Party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
has anyone noiticed that if you go too far left, or too far right, you end up in basically the same position? an overly authoritarian gov't with a rich, powerful ruling elite? I mean let's take economics as an example. one would favor the corporations, give them the benefits and bestow upon them more and more power. no, the don't like the miminum wage, or environmental regulations, or the idea of holding these corporations accountable in a court of law when somethings backfires on them. they are all for cheap labor flooding our country, and thus driving our wages down to nothingness. and then they will depend on charities to determine just what you deserve..

the other's, well,, they seem to want to label the corporations as public enemy number one, force them to pay their employees more money (even if they don't have it to give!!), install so much regulation that they couldn't build a fire to keep the place warm in the winter, let alone produce a product to turn a profit. but, then, they think that every person in america should be living at the same standard of living as they are enjoying, at the taxpayer's expense of course.....even if it means those taxpayers end up homeless and hungry, and lose their car and thus their employment and join the ranks of non taxpayers, struggling to pay these taxes!! of course, once within the ranks of destitute non taxpayers, the government is charged with deciding on just how much food, shelter, ect you are deserving of...

and well, both groups seem to want too much control over ya....we seem to have a choice here......do we want our eating habits monitored, how about a forced excercise program, free speech...na....must not offend!!!...religous beliefs?? na, believe what we do, or you ain't ameircan....

it seems like if there isn't an opposing force pressing down on them, we will end up in basically the same position regardless of weather we go right or left, the differences are so minor that they're not worth mention. we will be poor, struggling to support an "elite" group, as well as their free and cheap labor. we will have to watch every words we say......lest we offend them, and unless we believe as they do, we will be wrong, and the world will not be as kind to us.....we will not be free!

sometimes we get too far to the left, and the right has to exert it's power to force us back away from tyranny, and sometimes we get too far to the right, and the left must force us away from that same tyranny. if there's a party that has the self discipline and wisdom to know enough not to venture so close to that cliff to begin with, then I'm happy to see it!!!

[edit on 16-7-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

sometimes we get too far to the left, and the right has to exert it's power to force us back away from tyranny, and sometimes we get too far to the right, and the left must force us away from that same tyranny. if there's a party that has the self discipline and wisdom to know enough not to venture so close to that cliff to begin with, then I'm happy to see it!!!

Dawnstar, I hope you receive applause for that statement. It is so comforting to see other people recognize that. Extremists seem to forget that the government is a mere reflection of them. I'm actually going to begin a new thread later on when I have more time about this very thing. It's probably going to tick some observers of this forum off...but oh well, sorry about their luck. As for now, i'm going to go lay by the pool and get some sun.

df1

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Do you think a moderate party could support a presidential ticket of republican congressman Ron Paul and democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich? By blending the ideologial extremes of both parties we achieve moderation.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Do you think a moderate party could support a presidential ticket of republican congressman Ron Paul and democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich? By blending the ideologial extremes of both parties we achieve moderation.

I think the fence as a balancing point would be better served by finding two candidates that are moderates themselves, and have them be the point upon the House, senate and the remainder of the political lanscape would pivot on.

Maybe Joe Lieberman could find a suitable running mate to pair up with.

df1

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Maybe Joe Lieberman could find a suitable running mate to pair up with.

Curiously despite their ideological difference both Kucinich & Paul have always opposed the invasion/occupation of iraq whereas Lieberman has always supported this effort. A moderate party will find no middle ground to carve out on the iraq issue.

Could you support a moderate party peace candidate?

df1

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The silence is deafening. Apparently a moderate political party needs a partisan voice for moderates to parrot like the talking points democrats and republicans provide to their supporters. Imho americans have been so dumbed down that they are unable to formulate any opinion which has not been spoon fed by the leaders of some political agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
The silence is deafening..

This "moderate" thread is alive and kicking:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the MEC is overwhelming most of PTS right now, heck, we're averaging less than five active WOT threads a day,
who would have thunk that?

Let the election run start in earnest, and we'll see.

df1

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This "moderate" thread is alive and kicking:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks. However the above thread is more directed to moderate philosophical views pertaining to israel/lebanon rather than specifically a moderate political party like this thread. Im trying to figure out what a moderate party views would be in a broader sense. And seems that nobody is home is here.

It seems that moderates wouldnt say "crap" if they had a mouthful.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ouch. Would that be some baiting you just issued there? Let's play nice in here. Please.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
It seems that moderates wouldnt say "crap" if they had a mouthful.

Another would be that the Right and the Left can't say "crap" because they do have a mouthful.

df1

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Another would be that the Right and the Left can't say "crap" because they do have a mouthful.

Id say the speech problem with the demopublicans is that they are standing neck deep in the vat of crap. The dems/reps have symbiotic ideology of corruption which is neither right or left.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay Df1...i'm here. I'm ready to chit chat about anything you want. So ask away and i'll give it my all.

df1

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Okay Df1...i'm here. I'm ready to chit chat about anything you want. So ask away and i'll give it my all.

Lets stick with the direction I was going in the other thread for the moment.

You support 3 billion dollars in US financial aide to the israeli military, so do most democrats and republicans in congress. Both you and the other guys say it is in americas interest, it is better to pay israel than be forced to use our military, things would be much worse without US aide and trust us. I don't agree, but my position is not important as I make no claim to being a moderate. I will save trying to sway you to my position for another thread.

My first question is, how do you come out a "moderate"? Surely their must be some difference between you and the demopublicans, but I see no such difference.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by df1]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How do I come out a Republican? I'm really not following you. You need to give more detail in order for me to respond to this. What issues are you talking about besides the Israeli aid issue? Give me examples.

Edited to add: Moderates may represent more of a combination of what the Democratic & Republican parties represented at one time, if that is what you are getting at? Is it?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by zenlover28]

df1

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How do I come out a Republican?

Your support of the status quo relative to US foreign aide is support of a republican foreign policy.

What issues are you talking about besides the Israeli aid issue? Give me examples.

I didnt know we were speaking to any issues other than using US foreign aide to further US interests. However feel free to demonstrate your moderation in any way you desire.

Moderates may represent more of a combination of what the Democratic & Republican parties represented at one time, if that is what you are getting at? Is it?

Im not trying to define "moderates", Im trying to persuade "moderates" to define themselves. Thus far Im not having much luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes, well perhaps you could just look up Moderatism in the dictionary or something then. It means in the Middle. I think we've defined it on several occasions. In fact I attempted to define it last night in a thread, but was half asleep and I don't know how good of a job did. And, you can always check out the Moderate Party website. If you are saying that we are demopublicans as you've been so kindly pointing out...we do support both parties...just not the extremists. It's not like we're against the government or the Democratic/Republican parties. We're just in the middle on issues and feel that both parties are right/wrong on issues and in being right/wrong on big issues, the Majority is not being represented.

Does that help any? If not, then sheesh...why don't you talk to the FSME (Mirthful) about it. He probably can probably explain it much better than myself. I just feel like i'm a broken record. I can't understand what's so hard to understand about Moderatism. LOL

df1

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yes, well perhaps you could just look up Moderatism in the dictionary or something then. It means in the Middle. I think we've defined it on several occasions.

The title of this thread is "Creation of a Moderate Party". Im trying to understand the ideals of a prospective moderate political party and its members. The dictionary definition of the word "moderate" is not useful in this context.

It's not like we're against the government or the Democratic/Republican parties.

It sounds like you are content with the way democrats & republicans are running the government. If you do not oppose the Democratic/Republican parties and how they run the government then why are you commenting on a thread about creating a moderate political party?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ummm no. In case you haven't noticed...I created the thread. LOL

I'm certainly not content with the Dems/Republicans of today. I'm going to give this one last go...and then i'm going to ask that you ask any further questions to Mirthful Me...the FSME. I'm not the FSME...for good reason.

The Democrats have completely lost their ground w/the majority of Americans because their party has become very extreme. I'm not talking about Liberals vs. Conservatives either. Dems have lost their footing and you are actually seeing some of the older generation Dems become more conservative. Republicans are doing a better job of reaching out to the majority on issues in elections; however some of their wants such as the overturning of Rowe vs. Wade & Homosexuality issues are not really the wants of the majority any longer. And there are also extremists and i'm not saying conservatives...that are now heavily impacting the Republican party. The Majority is voting for the Repubs because right now and over the past six years have been able to reach the majority on other issues that are more important to them at the time. However, like I said...now the Republican party is showing signs of extremism on certain issues.

The Moderate Party would be a party that would attempt to appeal more to the Majority on issues by taking policies that work from both the Dems and the Repubs and placing them into one party. There are policies that work on both sides of the fence, you know? And there are clearly policies that don't work on both sides of the fence. I'm not anti-government and I don't know one Moderate who is. There obviously need to be changes in our government in tons of ways. That's what we want to do.

I've always been the type of person who woud vote for the Best person, not for a particular party...however, it's getting so now that neither side is showing a Best person. They're all the same.

Did that help any at all? If it didn't. Then i'm sorry...I just don't know what else to say.

The Liberals of yesterday are the conservatives of today.

Edited a mispelling and added a word and to keep fixin' stuff.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by zenlover28]

df1

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Does any have some defining issues for a moderate political party? It seems that for such a party to be viable that some key issues to galvanize voter support are necessary. To this point Ive see nothing posted but dictionary definitions and broad self descriptions. It appears that those calling themselves "moderate" are so fearful of being called "extremists" that they will not take a position on any issue.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Will you please chill. I've told you already. The policies are posted in this thread and on the website if you would take the time to even read and look. I've stated over and over that these policies need work. Sheeesh...you're getting on my nerves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join