It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Proves Media Bias Is for Real.( With liberal slant prevailing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think both sides of the aisle already know this to be true, but here's a new study that attempts to prove this to be true. Political scientist at UCLA have lead a study to find out if the media is slanted in one direction. The majority of media stories are of course slanted towards the liberal left. No surprise here. Most of the media coverage on news items such as the War in Iraq show bombs, bodies, and lies as the central story. The rare few run stories that show the good that has happened since the war ended. The media is skewed towards showing a leftist view.

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

Read entire story

I think it's always been true that you should never get your news from one source. In actuality it's deeper than that. Unless you're selective on where you get your news, you could be spoon-fed more liberal ideas than not even if you use several sources for your news.

Don't expect to see this study reported on the evening news....unless you're watching Special Report With Brit Hume, or if you're reading it on ATS where you're bound to hear both sides of the aisle speak their mind more often than anywhere else I've found.

EDIT: Someone should write this up as an ATSNN article. (I'm too snowed with work to do it for now)

[edit on 19-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This discussion is actually already going on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join