It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Specter Research Project!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Don't you think it looks like the white aircraft image on another ATS thread. On one of the modified images the shadow under the rear of the wing is curved!

Sv Out....!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes, this thread did spring straight to my mind when I was looking at the picture SV. I only wish it was a bit more defined.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Well, I think that the F-19 isn't a "special plane"... it's not UFO...
nice link tough...

Figher Master FIN,

I agree with you that the F-19 is not a UFO! However, the link does have value to our research. If you read the text carefully, it does suggest that the rounded shape with no corners that has been proposed for the F-19 might in fact have some technical merits to it!

Think about it this way, a flying disk has no corners at all on the surface. In plan view, it's nothing more then a simple circle. Now if a cornerless shape is extreemly steathy and also practical from an aerodynamic, and structural point of view, that proves that the popular "F-19" models of the early 1980's are technically feesable as stealth aircraft.

Tim

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by Browno
General Dynamics N.A.A and McDonnelDouglas are now part of the Boeing Corporation, I dont really think it would be any of them but it would most likeley to be Northrop Grumman becouse the F-117 was Lockheed Martin, Northrop are Lockheeds biggest rival so the F-19 could be thier project unless lockheed had two design teams? not sure.

How about Rockwell International? They have curved and rounded shapes/edges in thier aircraft designs. They once had a nice ATF on the drawing board.

Personally, I think Northrop design the F-19! That is the main reason I proposed the Idea that the plane might even be a flying wing like the B-2. Northop and Lockheed are the world's leaders in stealth

As for your theory on Rockwell, possible, but not likely. When the Air Force issue it's Request For Proposals for the ATB (Stealth Bomber), they teamed up with Lockheed because they didn't have enough technical background in stealth technology to compete on their own. Now, McDonald Douglas did build a stealth demonstrator called the Bird of Prey:

As far a the scientific and technical experties, only Northrop, Lockheed, and McDonald Douglas (Now Boeing) would have had the ability to build a stealth aircraft at that time. If Rockwell did build it, they would have needed help from one of the above contractors. This makes it unlikely that they could have been the primary contractor. Remeber: Steath Technology was still a Black Project when the F-19 would have been design and built, so the technical knowlege wouldn't have been easy to aquire at that time.

Tim

Dont forget the stealthy UAV manufacturer Teledyne-Ryan.

If you think that the Northrop was the manufacturer - they worked on XST [lost to Lockheed] and then at the near same time on Tacit Blue, ATB B-2 and together with Grumman and LTV on ATA. Had they enough capacity to work on another project?

all ATA and ATB proposals pictures

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej
If you think that the Northrop was the manufacturer - they worked on XST [lost to Lockheed] and then at the near same time on Tacit Blue, ATB B-2 and together with Grumman and LTV on ATA. Had they enough capacity to work on another project?

Good Point Matej! Capacity was an issue at that time. I don't have an answer for that one, but I do have some educated guesses:

1. The Aircraft From Project Specter might be "Silver Bullet" force. If this is the case, the project might have been quite small, say 15- 30 aircraft plus support equipment!

2. Maybe Specter didn't start untill After Northrop Got out of XST. If this is the case, we might want to look and see if we can set a time line.

3. How big is the Owl Works (Northrop Advanced Systems, which also design and built the B-2)? Could they be bigger then we though? Bigger means more capacity.

Let's see what we can find. Maybe it's time to look into the history of the Owl Works! Often there are subtle clues in history that you can use.

Tim

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Could it just be a Recon/Interceptor/Multirole aircraft?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would take this one as a 'YF-19' since it looks more of a prototype. I can imagine this one as a Soviet rival of the F-19A Specter, 'Specterovski'?.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Browno]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If there is an F-19, I think it would be based on this one since Loral Inc had a design like this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join