It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina Death Stats - by race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For those of you who think that the US government could not possibly blow up the levees...
Another Flood That Stunned America

To save New Orleans, the leaders proposed a radical plan. South of the city, the population was mostly rural and poor. The leaders appealed to the federal government to essentially sacrifice those parishes by blowing up an earthen levee and diverting the water to marshland. They promised restitution to people who would lose their homes. Government officials, including Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover, signed off.

On April 29, the levee at Caernarvon, 13 miles south of New Orleans, succumbed to 39 tons of dynamite. The river rushed through at 250,000 cubic feet per second. New Orleans was saved, but the misery of the flooded parishes had only started. The city fathers took years to make good on their promises, and very few residents ever saw any compensation at all.

I'm not saying they did in 2005, there's no evidence other than some testimony by residents who heard something go 'boom', but on the other hand I don't know that I'd just blow them off either.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
theBLESSINGofVISION you hit the bulleye.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Excellent post.

I have been trying to explain it to people for a while that race had nothing to do with it. White people were poor victims just like anyone else.

It may not have been a deliberate extermination directed against people of color but I would still believe it could have been one directed at poor people. The government cannot have caused the hurricane but used it and the aftermath as good excuses to wipe out undesirables which must be allowed to die if they could not be directly executed. I still hate Barbara Bush for her "this is working out well for them" remark!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its not a race thing.

Its a class thing.

Now, anyone who doesnt see that racism is still VERY present in our society is either blind or willfully ignorant, but the "dont care" attitude is toward ALL people considered low class, or less than, not just black people.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh, God! Two other Bushes are now in politics, one of whom seems to be threatening to run for president! They'll murder us all!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Bush 1/41 is hospitalized for Christmas not for the first time, so send him whatever thoughts and wishes you would have him receive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join