It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: EU Declines to Criticize Israel's Jerusalem Holdings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While some may say that Israel has no other friend aside from the United States, it appears that another powerful friend of Israel is emerging. The EU recently drew up a report that was very critical of Israel's position in Jerusalem. The confidential report was said to have a harsh stance against Israeli policies on barrier construction and new Israeli settlements in Jerusalem. The report however has been withdrawn at the request of the EU's foreign policy chief Javier Solana. For now EU criticism of Israel has been silenced.

euobserver.com
EU foreign ministers have shelved a confidential and critical report on the Israeli Jerusalem policy due to its highly sensitive nature.

The report was prepared by diplomats in East Jerusalem as part of Britain's EU presidency but leaked to the press last month.

It slammed rapid Israeli expansion of Jewish settlements in and around east Jerusalem, saying, "Israeli activities in Jerusalem are in violation of both its road map [peace plan] obligations and international law."

But the EU's foreign policy chief Javier Solana persuaded EU ministers on Monday (12 December) not to endorse the report, warning that its publication could undermine the EU's influence in the area.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Let's all be realistic here. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Why has Javier Solana taken this obviously pro-Israel stance, and what does he want out of this move? Solana has also been instrumental in recent deployment of EU observers on the Palestinian-Egyptian border. Perhaps Israel's recent surrender of Gaza settlements was a key part of this decision. I just find it shocking that the EU would shelve a report that rightfully criticized Israels aggressive maneuvers in Jerusalem.

Related News Links:
euobserver.com
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Alert! Javier Solana's Incredible EU Takeover
Javier Solana - candidate for Antichrist or setting the stage for the Beast

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Must be the money. Or the Eurepeans realize they just wasting their time criticizing the Israelis that seems to have no effect on them.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
SORRY! Because we can't say what we want even if we are not racist.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel

So you don't want to kill all the Jews, just all the Jews that believe Israel belongs to them?
Nice follow up with the "I'm not racist" comment.

Okay, let's forget that Iran wants to kill the Jews. What's Solana's reasoning for being so nicey-nice to Israel at this time? It looks like someone is moving chess pieces on the board again.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Iran's president was right but he didn't said the good thing. I hope he wanted to say this: The sionists must be wipe off the map.

Yeah you hoped he say that. If you want zionists wiped out, then you want all the Jews in Israel to be wiped out since they are Zionists-people who believed in the land of Israel.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was talking about those who are extremist.. those who love to kill palestinians for pleasure and those who all want to kill the muslims... like their government...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Why the EU don't invade Israel and kill all the zionist inside the government? The zionist just want war and they are racist.

Iran's president was right but he didn't said the good thing. I hope he wanted to say this: The zionists must be wipe off the map.

Someone needs a jack-slap....hard...
Here's some advice, try another site more inline with your notions of hate.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My guess is the EU wants Israel to take care of the Iran problem for them, therefore they are hesitant to criticize them now.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why nobody critics Ariel Sharon for his racists comments against arabs?

"If I became a prime minister, I would wipe out all Arabs, kill every newly-born Palestinian baby and knife the abdomen of every woman who is pregnant from an Arab. Those dogs should not be close to the chosen people of god"

"Genociding the Arabs and killing them are the only weapon in dealing with them. There will not be peace between us and the Arabs as our future is built only by wiping them out. Keeping one Arab alive in the region is a dagger in the back of Israel"

"The might of Israel lies in occupying the lands of the Arabs and in expelling them. We shall terminate them individual after individual without making them feel we are killing them"!

"Give me power for a short time and I will show you what to do with the Arabs"

Ariel Sharon

signs-of-the-times.org...

Now who's racist? Are the sionist government of Israel and all of those who support it bad? NOOOOO

Like I said earlier, everyone who support this racist deserve something very bad.

top topics

join