It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Committee to Greet ET formed!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
An International commitee to deal with possible contact with ET's has been formed by a women called Jill Tarter (The person Contact was based on) a Radio Astrologist for SETI.

Jill Tarter failed to convince the United Nations to take on the role but another scientist involved said they would be looking to get someone with knowledge of political process involved possibly Ex President Clinton before they approached international governments!

I thought this was quite an interesting step for someone involved with SETI to take why set up a greeting party as it were, when there is no one to greet bit of a run before you can walk scenario I thought or maybe they know something we dont!

Link to full story!

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I guess there is nothing wrong with preparing. Establishing a Protocol and Procedure event makes sense if there aren't any in place. Problem is, it offers no validation. Even if noteworthy people became involved, SETI will still be staring at blank screens and after whatever pomp and ceremony nothing much else will have advanced beyond a procedural means of rolling out a red carpet.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by nullster]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"another scientist involved said they would be looking to get someone with knowledge of political process involved possibly Ex President Clinton before they approached international governments!"

That would be a good choice considering Clinton's "pull" and his obvious interest in UFOs. I hope this makes the news and goes somewhere.

join