It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would Iran react and fight back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
there has been loads of threads about

Iran Invasion iminent
Iran Attack iminent
Israeli Attack on Iran iminent and so forth

and many more on how Iran is aquireing new russian and chineise Tec

so say the US or israel launch a air attack

so how would Iran launch a counter attack if they are forced to?
they have the means to unlike the luxuary of which Iraq didnt

or does everyone think they will do a Iraq and burry their planes and tanks
and run for the hills

[edit on 7-12-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think it's a tough call to make. Would the pilots be brave enough to go head to head with American airpower, or would they bug out? Not sure how much good tanks would do, I don't think there would be a ground invasion. Any attack on Iran would come from above, in the form of cruise missiles and planes. Hopefully we won't ever find out.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see such a hypothetical war going very well for America as they won't risk any assets until all regular forces are ... ahem ... pacified with Cruise Missiles and Artilliary(the new M777 has an targetting resolution of 10 meters 40 km away) How can any non-superpower stand up to that?

The Excalibur + B2 + Spec Ops = Game Over

How Iran will fight back? They will try at first to fight back then see it's futile and go underground and wage a guirilla war on the USA allthough that field may be tipping in the balance of the Americans now due to some timely innovations like this.

This war will also turn a generation of Iranians against the USA which would be catastrophic 10-20 years down the line IMO. (We could create another Bin Laden by such an invasion)

[edit on 7-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Somehow, I dont think that 10-20 years will cause the headaches..

I cant see the international community letting the Us control another oil country...

Or for that matter obliterarting ANOTHER soveriegn nation.

Its similar to the boy whom cried wolf..
The US will scream the same brainwashing lines into your heads via your tv set
Only this time there's a much higher chance of it being SERIOUS...
And when it does become serious... there's either 2 results.

no international help will come

or

someone will realise that the big bad dog in the neighborhood is down, and nows the time to prove who the new, sorry, NEXT superpower is

The US has effectivley surrounded Iran with military... and convinced the sheep that everything is justified...
Then they publically stated that the next terror attack, will be dealt severly to iran, REGARDLESS OF where the EVIDENCE points...

DID that not ring off alarm bells in every single american citizens HEAD?

Hello is anyone really home in the american publics brain?

THE USA might as well of said ''Yes, Iran is our next target''
which they pretty much did anyway, just with enough spin, to make it seem valid.
So how will they fight back?

I think the US let too much of a dog outta the bag with iraq, they showed how they wage war..
sure its a good way, and im not syaing i can figure out a way to block cruisemissle guidance, or confuse that technical computer inside the jets... but im sure iran is thnking real hard of not being the next baghdad.

But obviously, baghdad will be bombed to all hell,
Israel will be bombed to all hell.
OTHER middleastern countries will invade israel
iran and iraq will be one big open door to ANYONE who wants to sneak into the countries and start attacking US forces....
whats stopping China now taking tawiann?... we all know they are ITCHING too. the US wont be able to handle all this conflict around the globe.. short of NUKING certain cities along the way..
but then who's to stop throwing nukes anywhere?

In my opinion, ww3 started on sept11... the day the USA let itself be attacked for its foriegn policy agender.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Very good post.. But I don't think that the US has the economy to withstand another war.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think the US let too much of a dog outta the bag with iraq

I think you mean cat? I've never heard of letting the dog out of the bag.

they showed how they wage war..

And I think it scared a few countries. Regardless, I don't think the way the U.S. wages war will stay consistent enough for enemies to figure out, there are always new technologies arising, and different plans for different situations.

Sep

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
there has been loads of threads about

Iran Invasion iminent
Iran Attack iminent
Israeli Attack on Iran iminent and so forth

and many more on how Iran is aquireing new russian and chineise Tec

so say the US or israel launch a air attack

so how would Iran launch a counter attack if they are forced to?
they have the means to unlike the luxuary of which Iraq didnt

or does everyone think they will do a Iraq and burry their planes and tanks
and run for the hills

They didn’t do that when Iraq invaded and Iran had no army back then because it had been disbanded. The air force was back then outnumbered six to one by the Iraqis but the Iraqi planes were unable to control the Iranian airs any time during the war. So its kind of hard to imagine that these guys would now just disappear. Also I know that the USAF is far stronger than the Iraqi air force but I am just trying to get the point across that the Iranians would probably not desert their posts.

In case of an attack if the US is still in Iraq watch out for the casualties to rise fast. Watch the Badr Brigade, which is now keeping south of Iraq in peace and is keeping al-Sadr quite go against the US and the British. Watch out for al-Sistani taking Iran's side. Watch out for a fight in Afghanistan (not as big as Iraq but still a fight worth noting, Northern Alliance was in Iran’s pocket for some time and there are still war lords in Western Afghanistan loyal to Iran). Also watch out for Hezbollah, a fairly strong group in Lebanon who have recently expanded to as far as South America, who were founded by the Iranian revolutionary guards to make a lot of noise.

Iran would fight a lot of proxy wars, but would not get into a direct confrontation with the US unless the US bombs Iran heavily for a long period or attempts to invade.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Also I know that the USAF is far stronger than the Iraqi air force but I am just trying to get the point across that the Iranians would probably not desert their posts.

At first probably not, but when it becomes clear they cannot fight what they cannot see then morale will plummet and they will start deserting en masse.

Iran would fight a lot of proxy wars, but would not get into a direct confrontation with the US unless the US bombs Iran heavily for a long period or attempts to invade.

There would be no "attempt" they would succeed. It's holding it with the US publics support that is the tricky part which I am sort of glad for lol.

Sep

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
At first probably not, but when it becomes clear they cannot fight what they cannot see then morale will plummet and they will start deserting en masse.

The Iranians didn’t have a chance against the Iraqis on paper, yet they did not desert. Another incident was the in the tanker wars, when the Iranian navy didn’t have a chance against the USN. But never the less, they went out, they fought and died. Hardly a bunch of deserters.

There would be no "attempt" they would succeed. It's holding it with the US publics support that is the tricky part which I am sort of glad for lol.

The US will have to "attempt" to invade Iran, before succeeding. In my post I meant that if Iran sees the US ground forces coming in then the Iranian elements will get involved in fighting the US. SO in addition to the proxy wars, the Basij, IRGC, the regular army would fight on the boarders whilst elements such as the Qods force would attack US interests abroad.

But of course this is all just assuming the US actually attempts to invade Iran, which she will not any time soon because of the political and economical issues she faces at home.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lets be honest here.....most Muslim radicals don't want to go toe-to-toe against American forces and I would bet the regular Iranian soldier sure does'nt want to face American combat forces ether.

As long as America controls the Air...they control the battlefield. Theres nothing that Iran or Russia posseses that can take that away right now...the Iranian Armies would be wiped off the map within 2-4 weeks...and than the suicide campaign begins.

It would be Iraq X 3 so far as suicide bombings go, but I think it would also spark a huge uprising against the Iranian government. There is a portion of young Iranians that want Americas help to be Free.

Maximu§

[edit on 083131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As long as America controls the Air...they control the battlefield. Theres nothing that Iran or Russia posseses that can take that away right now...the Iranian Armies would be wiped off the map within 2-4 weeks...

Maximu§

[edit on 083131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

Wiped off the map within 2-4 weeks? My friend, even if the u.s could viably raise another invasion force of size to be able to invade Iran, the iranian army has a fighting force (including militia) of over 9 million soldiers. I understand that the u.s would have overwhelming air superiority, but wiping out 9 million soldiers in 2-4 weeks?? unless we're talking w.m.d, that's highly improbable.

Iran would definatly not be as easy as iraq. For one, Iran is not burdened by such a melting pot of cultures and tensions, ie.arab, sunni, kurd, shia etc. With a majority persian shia population, and a strong sense of nationalism, i think we'de find iran a very tough nut to crack.

Not even going to mention the power iran can have over chaotic iraq, afganistan, lebanon and palistine. If Israel and the coalition think the've got a handfull now...
......just invade Iran and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't think there will be an invasion. If US decides to attack Iran or invade, just believe me that the Iranians will fight back. US will not take Iran within 2-4 weeks. How long took it to enter Baghdad? The Iraqi army didn't even fight against the coalition troops. Where was the Iraqi army and air force? Or the special forces?

But Iran is something else. They will fight. Iranians do not tolerate any invasion or attacks on their homeland. And the Iranian pilots will defend their air space till they die. The Iranian military forces will stand their ground and will fight back. Do not forget the 80.000 commando's that are trained well. They are tough. I don't know about the Basij, Sepah and RG, but I think they fight back too.

Lets hope that the US-Iran war never comes.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

Wiped off the map within 2-4 weeks? My friend, even if the u.s could viably raise another invasion force of size to be able to invade Iran, the iranian army has a fighting force (including militia) of over 9 million soldiers. I understand that the u.s would have overwhelming air superiority, but wiping out 9 million soldiers in 2-4 weeks?? unless we're talking w.m.d, that's highly improbable.

Iran would definatly not be as easy as iraq. For one, Iran is not burdened by such a melting pot of cultures and tensions, ie.arab, sunni, kurd, shia etc. With a majority persian shia population, and a strong sense of nationalism, i think we'de find iran a very tough nut to crack.

Not even going to mention the power iran can have over chaotic iraq, afganistan, lebanon and palistine. If Israel and the coalition think the've got a handfull now...
......just invade Iran and see what happens.

You're singing my song!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, since this is speculation based upon a hypothetical scenerio, after reading what has been said, it is interesting that most are mentioning or talking invasion. Why would the US or anyone else who joined in want to invade Iran?

The Plan is not to invade or topple the current Iranian regime.
The goal is to wipe out Iran's nuclear capabilities, along with any ground, air, and naval assets that get in the way.

The US would simply only need to do:
1) take the US troops in Iraq and place most of them on the Iraq-Iran border in defensive positions. Wait for Iran to make the ground move.
2) mass naval assets in a defensive way to contain the Iranian Navy, and while doing so, block all commerce trade in and out of Irans ports. Wait for Iran's Navy to make the offensive move.
3) utilizing cruise missiles, and F-117s and B-2s strike assets to nuetralize Iran's anti-air systems, airfields, hardened aircraft hangers/bunkers, and air assets, coordinated with SpecOps units.
4) continue using standoff strike capabilities of cruise missile to then target Iran's nuclear facilities, above ground and underground, while using air 'hunter/interceptor" fighter CAPS to engage all surviving Iranian aircraft that left the ground.
5) continue to use all standoff capabilities, including F-117s, B-2s, B-1s, and B-52s to pound and pound and pound, eventually simply crippling Iran's air, ground, naval, and communication assets.
6)continue to monitor and stay defensive on the ground; use naval assets to eventually eliminate the Iranian naval threat, and destroy the Iranian air force, all the while continuing to target those not destroyed nuclear capabilities facilities.

No invasion required.
I hate speculation and the act of even doing so on military hypotheticals.

seekerof

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There would likely be no Iranian retaliation to an air strike only attack by Israel or the U.S. on Iran's nuclear sites.

If Iran did retaliate in any truly meaningful way, the counter retaliation would be thermonuclear and all of Iran would turn into one big sheet of glass.

That is assuming they don't already have a nuke somewhere. They wouldn't hesitate to use a nuclear bomb against the infidels even if that meant the end of their country.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
dj i doubt nuclear retalliation to any meaningful response, that would be cowardly and destroy any honor and respect other militaries enemy or otherwise have for our military.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
dj i doubt nuclear retalliation to any meaningful response

By "meaningful response" I mean a missile attack on population centers. Iran probably has enough conventional firepower to level say Tel Aviv, killing 1 - 2 million. That would probably mean a nuclear response from Israel.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well it sounded like you meant a successful conventional attack, sorry.

but if we did it might result in sanctions and international arrest warrants for causing israel and irans destruction by pushing their response even if we were right about them developing nuclear weapons.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The Iranians didn’t have a chance against the Iraqis on paper, yet they did not desert.

I see your meaning but in that situation they had the technology that allowed them to actually engage the enemy.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

They didn’t do that when Iraq invaded and Iran had no army back then because it had been disbanded.

Quote a reliable source for this statement or admit for all here that what you posted is pure B---S---.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join