It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son is joining the Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My son called me today to tell me he aced out his scores and is going to join up. He wants to be a Ranger and I think he has what it takes. My emotions run the gambit from pride to fear to memories better left dead. I know now how my Father, a Korean Vet felt when I joined.

I remember the baby in diapers and the scared little kid I took to the DoJo with me for the first time. I remember his first steps and his graduation. I remember the fights, the hunting trips, the cheers and the tears that every parent has with his kids.

I remember the death and the bloodshed,the fear and I must admit the almost druglike rush of combat.

I hope my son comes back home.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can definitely understand your concern Amuk.

I pray God keeps your son safe in his future endeavours in the army and he does indeed return home, which I have faith he shall

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You survived a worse time imo, I know many didn't but these are different days. Tech is designed to help out the soldiers. Unless things change, I wouldn't worry so much. After all, YOU came home to your Dad, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
May he come home safe.

O yeah make sure you force him to read everything he much know about Iraq war so he don't run into trouble that could have been avoidable, like which vehicle is packed with explosives, identifying IEDs. Booby traps, etc.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
, I wouldn't worry so much. After all, YOU came home to your Dad, right?

Believe it or not I am not real worried about him getting killed. KIA rates arent very high, but there is always that chance.

I must admit they are offering him a deal that is hard to turn down. Cash bounus, school credits, etc. Its a heck of a lot better than the one I got....LOL.

While its hard to think of your child being shot at, its not like I havent seen this coming since he was a kid.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I joined up in 1980 as a 19E tanker (M60A3 and M-1's) and the Army made a man outta me. The training, disipline and toughness never leave you. I think your boy would have to sign up as an 11B (Infantry) and than go into Ranger school after he Ace's basic training at Fort Benning.

Your son will make you proud Amuk and you should take pride in his choice. My oldest boy Matthew who is 15 wants to join up when he is 18....and he also wants to be a Ranger.

Ill pray for your boys safety at church this Sunday.

Maximu§

[edit on 063131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I realize it's too soon to know if he'll be headed to the sandbox since he just decided to join up, but here...

Link

...is a pair of books that might make a decent xmas gift.

[edit on 3/12/05 by JAK]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We will keep our fingers crossed for you and your son Amuk !!!!

new topics

top topics

join