It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnny Quest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Any ATSers a fan of the series? I refer to the original version that ran in the 1960s for a total of 26 episodes. I finally got it on DVD and it is great. Color is beautiful. I grew up watching them on the tapes my dad had, missing only one episode which was the Gargoyle one. Great show. I figure there are some fans here.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I used to watch the new version and I really like the new ones but the old ones I hate. Because they are kids thats why. The New Johnny Qs were like X-files for kids.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Nah the old ones are classics. I did enjoy the series when they were teens but it couldn't beat the old ones.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What I loved the most about Johnny Quest was that, for the period and the genre -- commercial television cartoons, Johhny Quest was quite an achievement. There were more animators involved in Johnny Quest than were previously involved in other "made for tv cartoons". There was a noticeable difference when one watched this show compared to others of the period. Keep in mind that we are not talking about computerized animation here.

But what I liked the best about Johnny Quest was the superb work by comic book artist, animator Alex Toth.. Alex Toth was an artist who started working in the comic book genre's "Golden Age" and was very influential throughout his career. Alex worked for, pretty well, every major comic book company as well as the noted Warren Publications "Eerie" and "Creepy" magazines and, if I am not mistaken, "Vampirella". Of course, Alex seemed to have really made an impact in the "made for tv" cartoons working on, amongst others, the popular "Super-Friends" series.

Every comic book affectionado and artist can appreciate Alex Toth's beautiful work. His sense of layout and design and, especially, his background art made cartoons like Johnny Quest popular and appreciated decades after their original release.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I loved that show as a kid..

dum dum dadadadaDA dum dum
Thats the them song above...LOL

I can't get it out of my head now..
dum dum dadadadaDA dum dum

Interesting background info, Benevolent Tyrant..

[edit on 30-11-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I used to watch the new version and I really like the new ones but the old ones I hate. Because they are kids thats why. The New Johnny Qs were like X-files for kids.

i absolutely agree. i miss them. hell good thing never last.

new topics

top topics

join