It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.U.T.E.C The Naval Area 51?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAMIENCGA

I guess you mean that this statement is false: "False. Per the actual information in the main operations building (pictures, stories and various other museum-like displays) it was indeed indian springs. Further, it was established when the cia was still the OSS (precursor to the CIA) and was born out of the department of defense's desire to create a base of operations to design, test and store advanced aircraft and various other technologies."

I mean, it's hard to know where to start with what is factually wrong with that statement. Indian Springs AFB is, and always was 45 miles south of Groom Lake (Area 51). The two facilities were never organizationally associated in any way. In the summer of 1959, EG&G moved its RCS measurement range from Indian Springs to Area 51. In fact, that is when Area 51 became Area 51. Before that it was called Watertown Airstrip. Watertown was built for the CIA in 1955, and was transferred to the Air Force in 1977. Prior to 1955, there was nothing at Groom Lake except for the old World War II auxiliary strip off the east shore of the lakebed that had been used for gunnery practice.

Watertown was born out of the CIA's desire to have a secure place for testing the Lockheed U-2 spy plane, and training CIA and Air Force pilots toffy it. It was meant solely as a temporary facility, and was effectively mothballed in June 1957 when the U-2 deployed elsewhere. Moving the EG&G radar equipment to Groom Lake, gave the base a new lease on life. When the CIA selected it as a test site for the A-12, the stage was set to turn Area 51 into a permanent, full-scale air base. By 1977, the CIA no longer required the facility, which was being increasingly used by the Air Force for evaluation of foreign aircraft (a joint USAF-USN program), and there were plans for testing stealth aircraft at the site. The Air Force continues to operate the Groom Lake base, which also serves a variety of military, contractor, and other government agency tenant organizations.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Our friend JAMIENCGA hasn't disclosed much that isn't already widely known.
My BS detector is slowly beeping.

Lol my intention wasn't to disclose anything to you. Somebody asked me a question and i answered it to my fullest ability. Bottom line is that, because i was only brought in and cleared to work for a specific project, i was only permitted to be in the area directly related to my work. The fact that i was basically babysat for 6 months in a building while i only did what i was ordered to do just speaks to the level of secrecy that they operate under. I am a firm believer in the need for secrecy especially when it comes to multi-billion dollar projects that maintain our military superiority, and was drawn to this thread originally because i have friends who currently work at autec, and i know it isn't some secret "naval area 51" amd wanted to clear that up.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: FosterVS

a reply to: FosterVS

That looks interesting (well barely) on Google Earth. We need the "shadow" to clear this up. I will put put the bat signal.

Our friend JAMIENCGA hasn't disclosed much that isn't already widely known.
My BS detector is slowly beeping.

Not to mention misleading information. If the Janets were landing at Nellis, there would be plenty of photos on the interwebs.

I never said that janet flights were flying into nellis, i said i was stationed at nellis. For payroll purposes (especially with the navy), when you are issued a duty assignment in the military, you have to be stationed at a military base. The navy loves to station sailors on air force bases, simply because it means they get to pay you a little less, as the air force standard of living on a base is quite nice; the nicest of any military branch. We flew in and out of McCarran every day though.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

I guess you mean that this statement is false: "False. Per the actual information in the main operations building (pictures, stories and various other museum-like displays) it was indeed indian springs. Further, it was established when the cia was still the OSS (precursor to the CIA) and was born out of the department of defense's desire to create a base of operations to design, test and store advanced aircraft and various other technologies."

I mean, it's hard to know where to start with what is factually wrong with that statement. Indian Springs AFB is, and always was 45 miles south of Groom Lake (Area 51). The two facilities were never organizationally associated in any way. In the summer of 1959, EG&G moved its RCS measurement range from Indian Springs to Area 51. In fact, that is when Area 51 became Area 51. Before that it was called Watertown Airstrip. Watertown was built for the CIA in 1955, and was transferred to the Air Force in 1977. Prior to 1955, there was nothing at Groom Lake except for the old World War II auxiliary strip off the east shore of the lakebed that had been used for gunnery practice.

Watertown was born out of the CIA's desire to have a secure place for testing the Lockheed U-2 spy plane, and training CIA and Air Force pilots toffy it. It was meant solely as a temporary facility, and was effectively mothballed in June 1957 when the U-2 deployed elsewhere. Moving the EG&G radar equipment to Groom Lake, gave the base a new lease on life. When the CIA selected it as a test site for the A-12, the stage was set to turn Area 51 into a permanent, full-scale air base. By 1977, the CIA no longer required the facility, which was being increasingly used by the Air Force for evaluation of foreign aircraft (a joint USAF-USN program), and there were plans for testing stealth aircraft at the site. The Air Force continues to operate the Groom Lake base, which also serves a variety of military, contractor, and other government agency tenant organizations.

Honestly, you all probably know more about the base than i do. The little bits of information that i know about its history comes from online articles and what i read in the base museum on the actual base. Personally, i have never taken much of an interest in the base because, as i said, i was in the navy, and a majority of my time was either spent out of country or on east coast air stations. Not to mention that branches are usually more in tune with the history/current events of their respective branch. Hell, the only reason i have a renewed interest in it now is because my current company holds government contracts in both nevada and utah and the desire to know what thats about has driven me to the internet forums to see whats abuzz

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Why present obviously wrong history about the base? I mean what you wrote was laughable. Presenting false information ruins your credibility.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why present obviously wrong history about the base? I mean what you wrote was laughable. Presenting false information ruins your credibility.

As i said... i presented history/facts some being correct and some that i believed was correct. I apologize that my life does not revolve around conspiracy theories and that i haven't dedicated an inordinate amount of time trying to prove that area 51 has aliens in it lol. As for my "credibility," i could care less whether you believe me. Its just one of those things in which i can take comfort knowing im right. Like i said, you guys have clearly spent day and night studying the base, while i have spent my time serving my country, progressing in the field of aeronautical engineering (thanks to the navy) and now working for one of the foremost companies in engineering. That laughing you hear... thats me laughing my way to the bank dude.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

OK. We don't believe you, and no, I don't want frys with that. But hey, thanks for playing.

Oh, and remember, you brought up aliens and conspiracy theories. I just dealt with comments that I knew were false.

We really do like to keep the fakers out. For one thing, it encourages the few people on ATS who really have been to Groom Lake. They do not like being lumped with the fakers.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We really do like to keep the fakers out. For one thing, it encourages the few people on ATS who really have been to Groom Lake. They do not like being lumped with the fakers.

Hahaha, again, not even the least bit concerned with the general concensus of the ATS community. Just came to this thread to say that autec is on the up and up. Enjoy staying up late watching google earth images of area 51 or trying to outsmart the government and find out all our secrets. Ill be off living my life like a normal person

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I know your secrets. McDonald's puts a little sugar on the frys.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAMIENCGA

Hahaha, again, not even the least bit concerned with the general concensus of the ATS community. Just came to this thread to say that autec is on the up and up. Enjoy staying up late watching google earth images of area 51 or trying to outsmart the government and find out all our secrets. Ill be off living my life like a normal person

You must be new here. Traditionally in this forum there has been a stream of posters who claim they/their brother/their dad/their grampa/their cousin/their dog worked at "Area 51". Of course when pressed for details, 99% of them disappear. If you are legit, sorry for disbelief.

BTW - what can you tell us about the cafeteria at Groom Lake.
edit on 8-4-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoteric Teacher

THIS BASE REALLY EXIST AND I SHOULD KNOW I WAS THERE IN 1970 WORKING WITH THE NAVY AND DESIGNING SOME OF THE PROJECTS THAT WERE SHIPPED TO THE AREA AND WERE DELIVERED BY SUB TO THE ISLAND. I CAN'T GO INTO DETAIL BUT IT IS VERY TOP SECURE. I HAD TO HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE FROM NASA AND THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT.
I STILL HAVE SOME OF THE FILES ON WHAT ITEMS WERE SHIPPED THERE AND IT SHOCKED ME WHEN I FOUND OUT WHAT IT WAS USED FOR. CHINA AND RUSSIA HAVE NOTHING LIKE THIS NOT EVEN CLOSE. CUBA IS JUST A JUMP AWAY.
THIS IS BETTER THAN AREA 51 I CALL IT AREA 51/51.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join