It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.U.T.E.C The Naval Area 51?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is there a way that you can call the main land. And there are only 4 digit ext. listed for phone numbers...what's the rest of the numbers?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is there a way that you can call the main land. And there are only 4 digit ext. listed for phone numbers...what's the rest of the numbers?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The East side of Andros island is where the "toungue of the ocean" is. The snorkeling is unbelievable in the reefs or 80 feet over the ocen floor it is so clear you can see sharks swimming in the reefs on the bottom. It goes to 6,000 feet deep or more. Wiki it.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm considering taking a job at Autec. Would you recommend it or should I stay away? For those who have been there, how are the living conditions? Other than killer mosquitos and sun burn, what should I be concerned about? Other than snorkel, what do you do for fun?

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lots of people who have visited there or worked there, may ask for those who work there, would you consider yourself to have access to all operations going on there? and what year was AUTEC established on Andros?

I ask as, I really don't believe that if something was going on there, that all 'surface' staff would be privy to this information. As someone pointed out, TOTO is where alot of the underwater 'tests' take place, this area is incredibly big, just over a mile deep (If i remember?). I always thought that it was used as a 'base camp' for exploring something insitue, something you couldn't just move to a secure facility.

Andros was abuzz a few years ago of discoveries of underwater harbour (this was round 1969, although there were newer discoveries around 1992), aswell as roads and walls, this wasn't too deep, about 20ft max I think, but it always made me wonder what else was around there, around 12,000 years ago, TOTO may very well have been a fertile valley, before the rise in sea levels.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
AUTEC was built in 1966. I worked there from 75-76. I worked in HVAC and did the work on the main base and down the test range which consists
of 5 test sites. The last four sites are only accessible by boat or chopper. I got to fly down range to do repairs when needed. Kinda nice for a single guy. Lots of water, fish and lobster to enjoy. Sometimes the systems would go down in the middle of the night during a test and we'd have to show up at the main test building and get things cooling again. Navies from all over the free world would come to test their ships and play wargames with dummy torperdoes, etc. Nothing mysterious about it. All civilian contractor run with a small USN group on base. Now, that was 33 years ago. I did have a security clearance as everyone did. It is a NAVY base! I had the same when I worked for another Defense contractor. Never underestimate the need people seem to have for believing that weird things are kept from them by the government. It's all about the conspiracy, isn't it.........

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've been stationed at AUTEC as base communications and base security officer and later worked there in the weapons dept as a civilian. Folks, there are no u/w sub bases or alien bodies. It's just what the name says it is: an undersea test and evaluation center. Of course it's classified!! They do R & D on Navy systems. Do you really think they would advertise it if they figured out how to spot subs with radar? Don't think so!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've heard of this place before. I saw something about it on tv. I can't remember what they were saying they were testing there, but I think it was something about new torpedos is a large part of their 'official' testing regimen. Very quick torpedos, in fact.

Btw, super70: That is a kick-a avatar!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I worked at AUTEC for about 18 months back in the mid-80s. During that time, I had two very strange experiences that involved magnetic phenomena and a possible UFO sighting.

I've written about those experiences here:

labyrinth13.com...

Do I think that that AUTEC is the underwater equivalent of an Area 51? No, not really, but there is something very strange about the place and the surrrounding area. I've also talked to other people who were stationed there who had saw some strange things.

Thanks,

Curt Rowlett

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I worked at AUTEC from '67 to '71. There was nothing going on there but the work for which it was intended. HARD work back then, over 100hrs a week. But the life was good for a bunch of 20 year-old Vietnam vets. We got comp time for over 40hrs work, free food and lodging, a bonus for just working there, and free flights to Nassau and West Palm beach. UFOs? I wish! The closest we got to that was tracking the Apollo shots with the optical theodolites on the downrange sites. That was back in the RCA days. It seems that Raytheon has screwed it all up for the present crew.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just heard about this base today on the History Channel. It was mentioned on a show about the Bermuda Triangle. Any more info than what's already in the thread?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well I watched a show about this place too, the only thing I found to be of interest / odd is that there are cables going from there directly down in the ocean, so deep that you can't even see where they go. But then I think it's just a typical military testing site, there is always high security at these places for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk
Well I watched a show about this place too, the only thing I found to be of interest / odd is that there are cables going from there directly down in the ocean, so deep that you can't even see where they go. But then I think it's just a typical military testing site, there is always high security at these places for obvious reasons.

Those cables go out to the ranges. They let them simulate submerged targets for ASW training.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm laughing at some of the posts on here on AUTEC, people please stop with the bS stories ok? I worked on the island for 5 years and I can tell you that a lot of the stuff you talk of does not go on there like kinda area 51 stuff.

It's just a testing range for the Navy because of the deep water it offers out there and they mostly conduct joint exercises with the British navy, I was a a weapons techinician which basically my job was working on the mk 48 practice inert torpedos, they never used live ordnance.

The job was boring as hell like most jobs on the island, AUTEC has a very high turnover rate because the place is so isolated thers really nothing to do there except fish and scuba and even that gets old after a while and even though the pay is tax free its still very low pay and a lot of people end uo leaving due to that.

Also the living conditions aren't that good you are basically put up in a hotle room and you have to live there the entire time and you eat in a cafeteria, most of us flew back to Florida to West Palm Beach on the weekends to esacpe that dead place.

Trust me theres nothing exciting to report about that boring dead place, all this hype you see and hear about it being some top secret place is a bunch of bull, sure theres stuff there that requires people to have a secret or above clearance but theres nothing black ops going on, its just usual Navy crap as a always.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You work there.
You're looking to work there.
You're stationed there.

Okay.....you are the biggest shill ever.

reply to post by hardeeboy

The best way of keeping a secret is right in front of us.

Don't be so sure nothing is going on.
If you believe in USOs (now whether they're alien or ours, I don't know but) one must consider someone (most probably the Navy) is keeping tabs on the goings-on. Many crafts have been known to plunge into the Atlantic ocean down here and not resurface.

I live right here on the south-east coast of Florida.
I've seen jets coming up on the horizon (as if they were rockets) and start criss-crossing our skies with......well, I won't say chemicals but.......heavey duty trails.

Not saying the two are related but I hardly doubt---- whatever's going on, is in the best interest for humankind.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
well I found a u-tube video of a UFO hunters episode
which featured this base and the area and decided
to share it. This is part 1 of 5. Click the link to see
the rest of the series.

I was gonna start a thread on this
when I found this one in the search

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I always thought this place was the Naval Area 51

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Where is that?

Oh and the Navy's "Area 51" is China Lake without a doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join