It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Ufo in england

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok, this happened last night, and it could definately do with an explanation if anyone has one.

Last night, around 8:10 pm, I heard a large explosion in the sky(?). I went outside, but after a few minutes we heard no sirens, so we guessed it probably wasn't in the town about 4 miles to the west of us.
At around 10:00 pm, the county's local radio station (Norfolk) went off air, as did Suffolks and essex's. These went off for about one hour, with only the one at cambridge still on.
At 11:00 pm my uncle and some of his friends, who were camping near ipswich, heard a large explosion, and saw lights flashing in the sky, in no pattern. It wasn't lightning, as there were no crackles on the radio (as there is with lightning) and the explosions heard were definitely not thunder.

I cannot think of any explanations, as it cannot have been lightning and meteor showers cannot be heard.

Oh, and there was an unexplained explosion heard over the town about 15 years ago as well, which was never explained.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Fireworks?

Not to be facetious, but these days the chavs set them off whenever they like, they're not confined to Nov.5th. They've been setting them off for weeks at all times of the day all throughout Novemember, and you can get some big-ass ones from the Chinese fireworks places these days.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Ok, this happened last night, ... At 11:00 pm my uncle and some of his friends, who were camping near ipswich ...

U.K.? Didn't they find it a bit on the chilly side what with the snow and cold? 7Celsius is not camping weather for anyone I know.

I'll get me coat.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop

Ok, this happened last night, ... At 11:00 pm my uncle and some of his friends, who were camping near ipswich ...

U.K.? Didn't they find it a bit on the chilly side what with the snow and cold? 7Celsius is not camping weather for anyone I know.

I'll get me coat.

They were on a fishing trip, and not to be annoying, but it would be nice to get a view about the events, not the weather.

And I thnk they were too high to be fireworks, and they sounded a lot bigger.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
apex well this does sound interesting if you believe that this may have been something in the sky.

What i suggest is that you try and find out as much as you can, ask around and see if anyone else seen or heard anything, look for some ufo sights on the net that may cover activity in your area,

Do you know if your area is a hotspot for this kind of thing?

Anypast events like this?

post any findings you get,

Thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I heard a strange loud noise that sounded a bit like an explosion where i am, either last night or the night before. However we get low flying RAF aircraft flying over quite oftern so i thought nothing of it, however i would admit that it sounded more like an explosion than a passing jet.

I live in North Wales, about 20 miles from the English border, closest city is Chester. I saw nothing in the sky as it was dark.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by freeradical]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sonic boom?

We had them in Sunny California when the shuttle entered our airspace.

It was a double boom that sounded like, ba-Boom.
Both booms about equal in intensity and about a half second apart time-wise.

Ok, so I'm terrible at sound effects, but you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Oh, and there was an unexplained explosion heard over the town about 15 years ago as well, which was never explained.

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with anything? Was the noise that loud and distinguished that you remember it 15 yrs later or was it such a shock and mystery to the townspeople that you felt the need to bring it up?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with anything? Was the noise that loud and distinguished that you remember it 15 yrs later or was it such a shock and mystery to the townspeople that you felt the need to bring it up?

I think you will find that the member means that there was a simular event 15yrs ago, not this one,

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
apex well this does sound interesting if you believe that this may have been something in the sky.

What i suggest is that you try and find out as much as you can, ask around and see if anyone else seen or heard anything, look for some ufo sights on the net that may cover activity in your area,

Do you know if your area is a hotspot for this kind of thing?

Anypast events like this?

post any findings you get,

Thanks

RAF Bentwarters an ex American Air Base was located in the part of the counrty mentioned. A well documented UFO incident was recoreded by the militery base,basically the Americans had nuclear weapons stored there unknown to the brittish government at the time. The UFO nuterlized the weapons rendering them useless, this has also happened in other parts of the world and knowbody knows who is behind it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I live in North Wales also and last year the whole town heard a megga explosion coming from the woods area. The police and fire department went to investigate, the whole town shook like it was an earth quake and a recording on the rector scale was made the explsion was that intense but nothing was found!

I dont think fireworks can disable radio stations, so something odd has taken place! What do the radio stations say? Did they hear anything? You do need to investigate further, I would!

[edit on 05012005 by Earth Angel]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is somewhat interesting if the event took place as you describe.

After numerous attempts at google searching for reports of last nights events that you describe, it seems nothing is coming up and your record is the only case of the event I can find.

Google attempts were such as
"explosion+sky+essex"
"explosion+sky+norfolk"
"essex+radio+off+air"
"strange+explosion+sky+norfolk"

It would be nice if SOMEONE else put something online about the event.
One report isn't much to go on, either by details or authenticity

Sorry, i don't want you to think i'm attacking your credibility, it would be nice to see more reports of these events from other locations.

As to possible causes: My guess is meteor, asteroid or satelite falling back to earth.
IIRC I think meteors can cause EMF which would answer the question of why the radio stations went off the air.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
- which woods was this towards? (getting my OS map out now)

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting, i wonder if they are testing out new planes out that can break the soundbarrier i.e. like the USAF Blackbird.

Just speculation obviously, but my imagination was spiked when i realised that both North Wales and Norfolk has RAF Air Bases.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
as a test base? Hehe now that would be fun (just kidding I know there are other bases)

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I think you will find that the member means that there was a simular event 15yrs ago, not this one,

I'm aware of what they mean, I just didn't know that a noise was much of an event.

That's why I asked if it was distinguished. Other than loud noises from no discernible area do they have anything in common? Was there the same radio disturbance?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My friends say there was a thunder storm, but neither them or me ever remember hearing thunder like that, so it doesn't seem that simple. It did hail large lumps of hail for about three minutes though. No one saw any flashes near where I live either, so it kind of eliminates thunder from the ideas.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Any mining operation going on in that area?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hear dit as well, didn't think anything of it though.

By the way, what stations went off air? SGR, Vibe FM, BBC Radio Norfolk/Suffolk/Essesx?

[edit on 28/11/05 by Towards Omega]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This sounds suspiciously similar to the united states experiments with nukes in the ionosphere. (EDIT: It also has something to to with the Van Allen Belt)

In the US experiments these nukes that were detonated in the atmosphere created major communication disruptions (possible radio death explaination for your experience) and an 'aurora' type effect in the sky (lights?).

I think these detonations have been dubbed 'rainbow bombs'.

2nd edit:

Here is some specific info on this -

Between August and September 1958, the US Navy exploded three fission type nuclear bombs 480 km above the South Atlantic Ocean, in the part of the lower Van Allen Belt closest to the earth's surface. In addition, two hydrogen bombs were detonated 160 km over Johnston Island in the Pacific. The military called this "the biggest scientific experiment ever undertaken." It was designed by the US Department of Defense and the US Atomic Energy Commission, under the code name Project Argus. The purpose appears to be to assess the impact of high altitude nuclear explosions on radio transmission and radar operations because of the electromagnetic pulse (EMP), and to increase understanding of the geomagnetic field and the behavior of the charged particles in it.

This gigantic experiment created new (inner) magnetic radiation belts encompassing almost the whole earth, and injected sufficient electrons and other energetic particles into the ionosphere to cause world wide effects. The electrons traveled back and forth along magnetic force lines, causing an artificial "aurora" when striking the atmosphere near the North Pole.

The US Military planned to create a "telecommunications shield" in the ionosphere, reported in 13-20 August 1961, Keesings Historisch Archief (K.H.A.). This shield would be created "in the ionosphere at 3,000 km height, by bringing into orbit 350,000 million copper needles, each 2-4 cm long [total weight 16 kg], forming a belt 10 km thick and 40 km wide, the needles spaced about 100 m apart." This was designed to replace the ionosphere "because telecommunications are impaired by magnetic storms and solar flares." The US planned to add to the number of copper needles if the experiment proved to be successful. This plan was strongly opposed by the Intentional Union of Astronomers.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Enrikez]

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Enrikez]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just norfolk,suffolk, essex radio apparently. It was a different sound to anything We had ever heard. When we first heard it my parents went out into the garden to listen for sirens, as it seemed like something in the town might have exploded.

480km above the planet. Wouldn't that cause fallout everywhere?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join