It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk US Soldier Shoots And Kills Rare Tiger In Iraqi Zoo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.globeandmail.com...

I hope the rest of the US army is more intelligent than both of these idiotic excuses for soldiers.

"The soldiers arrived in the evening with food and beer, accompanied by a group of Iraqi police officers," Adel Salman Musa said. "One of the soldiers, who the Iraqi police said had drunk a lot, went into the cage against the advice of his colleagues and tried to feed the animal, who severely hurt his arm."

The tiger tore off one of the soldier's fingers and mauled his arm. Another soldier immediately fired at the animal and killed it, Mr. Salman Musa told AFP"

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This sad..

They cant even keep their anger out of the zoo:s..

No.. they get drunk, # up and kill the animals..

And whats up with mortar bombardment of the zoo?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
From what I am seeing a drunk soldier went inside the cage with the tiger which I agree was stupid. But the drunk soldier did not shoot the tiger.The tiger tore off one of the soldier's fingers and mauled his arm. . Another soldier [/b ]immediately fired at the animal and killed it, Mr. Salman Musa told AFP". So the drunk one did not kill it. A fellow soldier saved the life of the idiot who went into the cage. He saved a human life which is much more important thatn some dumb animal. That what amazes me people cry when we kill chickens for food,but those people don't care when a near-born baby is aborted and his organs are stolen.

I would rather see a human alive than tore to shreads by some animal.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh you would?

Btw, it is nice to see a 'mod' who doesnt seem to know how to write.

Those bottom heads shouldnt have been in zoo at the first place.. they have no right to even be in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Foolishness deserves to be torn to shreds. This type of behavior is rather disappointing.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No, those soldiers should not have been drunk and in the zoo in the first place. I also question the soldier's superiors who allow them to have live fire weapons while drunk. However stupid and drunk the soldier was, should not entitle him to a death sentence at the whim of the tiger.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Foolishness deserves to be torn to shreds. This type of behavior is rather disappointing.

Like the ATS MOTTO SAYS: deny ignorance.

Kill it if you have to..

The Poor Tiger was soul mate to all those of us that 'stand true' to our motto.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A man who is supposed to be securing the peace in Iraq gets drunk and wanders into a Tigers cage......I think they should have left him in there, the idiot. This kind of behaviour is immature, this man had no place in Iraq in the first place. Idiot.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
FULCRUM, I made an error in my writing. That does not mean I am stupid which I see is what you are implying. Your just one of those human haters. You seem to think a dirty animal like some stupid moose is more important than a human being. He should not have been drunk,but no one should be torn to death by a tiger. If Ii saw someone being killed by an animal I would shoot that animal,and save that guy even if it was some rare-blue crested eagle dog and only 3 of them are left in the world.

People are worth more than animals. We can build cities they can't.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

FULCRUM, I made an error in my writing. That does not mean I am stupid which I see is what you are implying. Your just one of those human haters. You seem to think a dirty animal like some stupid moose is more important than a human being. He should not have been drunk,but no one should be torn to death by a tiger. If Ii saw someone being killed by an animal I would shoot that animal,and save that guy even if it was some rare-blue crested eagle dog and only 3 of them are left in the world.

What about stupid and evil people?

I think that animals are better than those..

And these 'soldiers' were at least stupid.

Common sense tells people that tigers are dangerous.

Common sense tells people to stay well away from tigers.. these guys didnt have common sense.

They are stupid, and the tiger is dead.

They put the shame on whole US military.

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I agree about being worth more than animals, I would not however use our abilities to build cities as proof of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think I might pass out after writing this but I agree with fulcrum.....
THUD

OK, I'm back.
They wasted a bullet on the tiger. They should have used it on the idiot that decided playing with a hungry abused tiger was a good idea. He was already injured, why not put him out of his misery(and idiocy) and feed the tiger at the same time?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Funny thing about dealing with nature. You get out of it,what you put in it. If nature is nutured and cared for good things happen. If not...then nature will take of itself.

That being said. If a person walks up to a tiger and sticks his arm in the cage ...well the outcome is not hard to picture.
Its a shame all the way around. A beautiful animal is dead, because of human ignorance.

If the tiger had broken loose and was killing people,then it should be put down. If a person walks up too a tiger and gets torn up..he deserves it.
The world is lacking commen sense and responsabilty. This is more proof...

[Edited on 9/22/2003 by nyeff]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I agree with the first statement above in certain cases only.

Defending what was initiated and followed through by the idiot soldiers, no matter how innocent the act of entering the tiger's cage was, is not defensible.

nyeff

I wouldn't extend the lack of common sense and responsibility to "the world", any more than I would extend it to all American soldiers in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I wouldn't extend the lack of common sense and responsibility to "the world", any more than I would extend it to all American soldiers in Iraq.

Just a trend I ve noticed over the last few years. People act without thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The whole thing could have been avoided if that tiger had been left in the wild
That being said, it is a very sad picture of the way the world sees the USA.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tigers eat things. Usually meaty things. Tigers brains tell them to catch and chew meaty things. That is their life.

Man is civilized and thoughtful. Man Drinks, maybe to supress the war in his mind and around him. Man looses common sense.

Tiger follows his common sense and instincts.

Other man must save intoxicated man, as it is his good nature to help his fellow man.

(Just trying to boil it down some)

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Man is civilized and thoughtful. Man Drinks, maybe to supress the war in his mind and around him. Man looses common sense.

In my opinion you are unstuck only in this bit.

"Man is civilized and thoughtful" is mutually exclusive from "war, drinking to suppress and losing common sense".

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I concur, but ...solders (good ones) follow orders and complete missions. They do not think, they are trained to act.

All wars have created issues for the 'solders'. Nam is a good example. They followed orders, did things they may not have believed in, and many turned to intoxications to supress the thoughts and memories, during and after the 'war'.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
I concur, but ...solders (good ones) follow orders and complete missions. They do not think, they are trained to act.

All wars have created issues for the 'solders'. Nam is a good example. They followed orders, did things they may not have believed in, and many turned to intoxications to supress the thoughts and memories, during and after the 'war'.

This brings to mind.. dont they do anykind of mental test for the recruits?

As i see it, people who cant hack the tenssion and pain (without alcohol or drugs..) arent supposed to be in army in the first place.

And these can be 'sorted out' by a 'mental test'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join