It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops say student attacked because of color

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The alleged hate crime attack on a Lewis and Clark High School student came after his attacker said, "I want to beat up one of these white boys," according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Spokane police.

He added, "I should have kicked him until he'd never get up … I'm a racist, and I hate all you white boys."
Rest of story here.

Another race atack... I wonder why this one didn't make the national news. It seems that the only time a race attack makes national news is if a white person was the attacker. It doesn't matter who the victim is, unless the attacker is white then the national media ignores it.

To me this seems to be a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just as I expected... not a single comment.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What can anyone say? becides sooner or later everthing changes.
I my experience 95% of every one could care less the other 4.99999% are users in saying they use what ever is around to fit into there ideas .
the criminal fits it in as he looks for a easy way through life.
and rasisim is people looking to find paths for the hate they feal in them selfs .(it has little to do with the accutal race)
the remaining .00001% are the people who accutly care but even they have an aganda ( To be loved you must love) (to be wanted to must show others you want them).
this means 100% of everthing in this world revolves around what people want (feal ) for them selfs.
Ps me included

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Your news link isn't working.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It has been moved to their subscription area, so here is the story.

Cops say student attacked because of color
Police say alleged attacker called himself a racist

Rob McDonald
Staff writer
November 19, 2005

The alleged hate crime attack on a Lewis and Clark High School student came after his attacker said, "I want to beat up one of these white boys," according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Spokane police.

Tyson Leroy Brown, 21, of Spokane was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of malicious harassment, a Class C felony hate crime. Brown also had an unrelated warrant from Oregon, according to a Spokane police news release.

The 15-year-old victim was intentionally and maliciously assaulted due to his race, according to the affidavit obtained Friday.

Advertisement
The victim is white, and the alleged attacker is black.

Brown is accused of walking up to the student and knocking him unconscious with a punch to the head, then kicking the student as he was on the ground. The attack occurred Wednesday during a lunch break across the street from Lewis and Clark. The victim was treated and released at a hospital.

Brown was arrested a few blocks away. While he was being taken to jail, a police officer said Brown called himself a "racist," according to the affidavit. He added, "I should have kicked him until he'd never get up … I'm a racist, and I hate all you white boys."

Charlotte Beavers, Brown's aunt, was shocked to hear the racist language her nephew allegedly spoke.

"Oh my God. That's crazy. He had to be drinking or something. That's not him," she said Friday.

Beavers, who moved to Spokane three years ago from Blythe, Calif., said Brown is developmentally disabled.

"He's a really good kid. His mom passed away when he was younger," Beavers said. "I raised him to the best of my ability. He's got mental problems. Every time he does something they just stick him in jail. He comes out worse than when he went in."

She's been unable to visit her nephew in jail. She can't post any bail for him, because she has no money.

Brown violated his probation by moving from Oregon to Spokane, Beavers said. She said she asked him to come to Spokane rather than being alone in Portland, where he would have likely lived on the street.

"They got a warrant out for him (in Oregon)," Beavers said. "He was between a rock and a hard place."

Beavers said her nephew worked for a construction company for a while, which made him happy.

"He's mentally retarded," Beavers said. "He speaks fine. He just has problems knowing right from wrong … He's like doomed from the beginning."

Brown has four convictions on his criminal record for malicious harassment, robbery, assault and theft, according to the police news release.

In response to Wednesday's attack, the Spokane Human Rights Commission issued a statement calling all crimes of race-based hatred abhorrent to all responsible citizens and encouraging citizens "to take an active part in teaching our youth to resist and report instances of race-related discrimination" to the city or state Human Rights Commissions.

Taken from here.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is terrorism. Attacking a person just because of their race, beliefs, etc.

We are more worried about terrorism abroad then we are about terrorism here at home.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
This is terrorism.

No, this is racism.

Terrorism is the use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a person, or an organized group, against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments; he had no demands, purpose, or agenda other than just wanting to "beat up one of these white boys".

In regards to racism:

Yes, it's still around and runs both/all ways.

Yes, anti-caucasian acts of racism are less covered with a "racist" or "hate crime" angle to the story.

Unfortunately, and I mean no offense and hope I'm wrong, your over-hyping with terms like "terrorism" makes your argument come across like you are suffering from the same problem (racism) that you are trying to argue against.

[edit on 11/22/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just my opinion, of course, but regarding your use of the term terrorism...
When a word is used to describe so many different things it loses it's power of description and the meaning that can be carried with it. When used... so 'lightly' it can become meaningless. I think that's happening here.

I do not see this as terrorism. It's racism in action and a tragedy
but terrorism? No. I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The only reason that I listed it as terrorism is in response to this thread.

Originally posted by chaudri

An 18-year-old student was murdered with an axe as he walked through a park simply because he was black, a court has heard.
Anthony Walker was attacked in Huyton, Merseyside, in July as he walked with his girlfriend Louise Thompson and cousin Marcus Binns to a bus stop.

Prosecutor Neil Flewitt QC said Anthony and Marcus were attacked "for no reason other than the colour of their skin".

Full story can be read onBBC

It must be labelled as terrorism.
The soldirers of anti-terrorism requested to stop this terror, too.

Do the mothers and Institutions teach it?
Is anti-terrorist prpaganda palnting seeds of terrorism in youth?
Are all bearded, scarfed and black humans terrorists?
Is the term terrorism incompatible with some privilaged races?

I just want ATS to remain open-minded and not side one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
redmage,

didn't you get the message?

Everyone bad is a "terrorist" now. 90 years ago, these same people were called "communists".

As for why it wasnt included, since whites are the majority in the US, its ok to tell about what one white person did. but to say bad things about a black/colored/negro/african-american person (sry, im not sure which is phrase is PC this year) is "unfairly casting the race in a bad light".

Just like affirmative action, it is a good concept to not continually say bad things about that race, but it is overused and now the media is too worried about being PC when reporting this story so they just dont.

---Pineapple

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Why would you choose to hate someone, just beacuse of their color? I'm sorry, that's just plain stupid & ignorant. If someone is white, black, red, or yellow, they still have red blood flowing thru their veins, & still got pink & gray matter between their ears.

If they choose not to use that brain matter, then you choose to not associate with that one person, & don't judge their entire race, just because of one stupid white man, or one ignorant black man, or one drug crazed hispanic.

I'm sorry, I grew up with the defintion of the "N" word (I'll choose not to use it, so I don't get banned, just in case, you all know the word I'm referring to, it rhymes with Tigger) as "an ignorant person", not specifically assinged to one race. Usually it's ignorantly placed on the back of the black man (I'm white, by the way) & I've met more ignorant white people than black. I went to Junior High in the middle of the ghetto, & the black kids were the ones who actually talked to Me, it was the white kids, who metaphorically stabbed Me in the back, kicked Me when I was down, stole My lunch money, asked the pretty girl to ask Me out, just so they could make fun of Me.

I choose to not judge first on color, but by body language, by life experience, & by actions.

Never judge a book by it's cover, you might miss out on a good story, or better yet, you might miss out on a wonderful person to know, they might just turn out to be a great friend.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I find this thread quite interesting. K_os, I know it might be hard for you to believe this, but whites are dealing with the same damn thing, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. So in conclusion could it be a possibility that the powers that be are using the media as a tool to drive a wedge between the races. Oh yeh I know you've heard this before but the link doesnt work .

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Racism is the dumbest word I've ever heard. We are all Homo Sapiens.
The only true racism is if there were elfs and they hated Kajiits (Cats) or similar.

The person who did that deserves to be tortured, same with all the other racest people like the murderer in the thread "Student 'killed over skin colour"
Perhaps covering him in aluminium foil then blow torching him???

cya

[edit on 25/11/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

The person who did that deserves to be tortured, same with all the other racest people like the murderer in the thread "Student 'killed over skin colour"
Perhaps covering him in aluminium foil then blow torching him???

I am wondering if this is such a good example of the the problem (racism). If you read the statements by the aunt who apparently raised him, the young man is retarded and she was shocked to hear these words come out of his mouth. She is quoted as saying he doesn't know right from wrong, but that everytime he spends time in jail he comes out "worse". It's not unlikely he picked this attittude up there.

I just find it questionable under the circumstances that this is a classic case of true hate over color, the man may not even understand the concept.

Of course it doesn't excuse the tragedy of the the crime, but is this really a good example of true racism?

[edit on 11/25/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I wasn't being serious

Yeah you have a point!

He deserves some, conseling

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, attacking him, because he's white isn't wrong, attacking me because I am Black is also wrong, vice versa. But the point why they feel this hatred? is it the environment is it Historical? The Reason why they don't display racist attacks in the news media, because:

(1) These are rare cases. Whites do most of the premptive attacks in most of the racist assault cases, worldover, check out the skinheads, etc,

(2) Whites live in a very privelage place in society so, u will rarely hear about those things..

Well I see he's a strong conscious brother, but I think he needs to think, appreciate who he is as a person, and do not resort to such violent measures.

IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's my position:

Celebrate Diversity: i like this article.

ezinearticles.com...!&id=101287

Appreciate evryone for what they are, keep your identity but still appreciate evryone regardless.
Bless

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
(1) These are rare cases. Whites do most of the premptive attacks in most of the racist assault cases, worldover, check out the skinheads, etc,

These cases are not rare at all.
Anti-white racism is very common and I've been a victim of it myself on mulitple occasions.

When a white person is attacked by a minority or when a minority is attacked by another minority it is rarely written up as a hate crime so it looks as though whites commit more of these crimes than other races.

Just look at this recent story in Britain:

Reuters

LONDON (Reuters) - Three Asian men who bragged "we killed the white man" after kicking an office worker to death were jailed for life on Thursday.

Christopher Yates, a 30-year-old data inputter, was killed in Barking, east London, after he had walked a female friend to her bus in the early hours of November 7 last year following a birthday celebration.

[...]

A witness heard one of them say after the attack, "That will teach a white man to interfere in Paki business."

But the judge ruled the attack was not racially motivated, ordering they should each serve a minimum of 15 years, for the "callous and brutal murder of a decent man who was doing you no harm."

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Violence against whites occurs much much more than most are aware of. I could post several links which demonstrates this but why bother. I’m assuming someone is going to do it for me sooner or later..

[edit on C:Friocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Well, attacking him, because he's white isn't wrong, attacking me because I am Black is also wrong, vice versa. But the point why they feel this hatred? is it the environment is it Historical? The Reason why they don't display racist attacks in the news media, because:

:shk:
Yeah- this ignorance has been adressed already but I too have endured racism my entire life. Caucasions at my high school were in the minority and were called 'skips'.. [eqivalent of 'wog'] and as an adult, after having gotten off a train.. I had one gang of asian girls chase me with sticks ready through parklands and I managed to outrun them. In recent years.. again at a train station.. there was a group of guys on the other platform. Some tall africans and some middle eastern. I didn't even notice them until I was screaming on the ground after a decent sized rock struck the small bones on the top of my foot [was wearing sandles], before hand I was just chatting with a girlfriend and this was completly unprovoked. Now.. after shouting [at the ones that were laughing] demanding to know who threw it.. I got told that I only accused them because they were black and I was a racist.. [there wasn't anyone else around] then I got told by one who jumped onto the tracks "Shut the f up white slut or I'll throw another one." I hopped to the pay phone and rang the police [the emergency button didn't work] but of course they turned up only after their train pulled away [with bare arses pressed against the windows]. I was on crutches for three weeks.

Maybe I was suppose to ring the local newspapers instead.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by riley]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join