It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Massive empire of surveillance' in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Head's up, my Canadian friends; they are going to circumvent the concept of search warrants by tapping right in to your techno-life.

Police would be able to demand all cellphone, Blackberry and Internet subscriber information without a warrant, under a sweeping surveillance bill introduced in Parliament yesterday.

Here they Come, Five-O

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
oh oh.....time to encrypt all of my encrypt all of my data. Thankfully, I found an interesting program that will do just that.....it's freeware

www.truecrypt.org...

This program will help me hide my "evil" activities from the government....I only hope that I will be able to stand up to the interrogations and the beatings.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Covered here, TC:

Canada's Patriot Act

IMO - this is an extension of NAFTA, and mandated in the "harmonization" clauses. I predicted it in articles I wrote last year about the Corporate State of North America or whatever I called it at the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
As pointed out by sofi there's some exellent research in the PTS thread on this.

Closing this one.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Guess what? It is now reopened.

I don't give a hill of beans what goes on over in the realm of politics. For those who want to play in that make-believe land of smoke, mirrors and BS, feel free to do so, but this topic is clearly and firmly within the realm of conspiracy, and those of us who prefer to keep our minds clear of political folly have priority over politics.

If it is preferable that it be brought over to here sans whatever political garbage has infected the thread and this one be trashed, fine. If not, this one can stay open, just in case any conspiracy-minded person feels the need to make comment or conjecture.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe we should move the other thread. We weren't really getting political with it at all and sofi has a whole bunch of great links in it.

Anyhoo,

MITA appears to be bad news. It will allow the feds to gather this evidence without a warrant, which means there is no need for evidence of wrongdoing. As I mentioned previously, this is an interesting turn in policy. In my opinion if the police can't find enough evidence to get a warrant, they have no business requesting the records.

Our government is trying to comfort us with talk of judicial oversight. The problem with this is the oversight consists of making a list of whose information they went after so it can be audited at a later date.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Maybe we should move the other thread. We weren't really getting political with it at all and sofi has a whole bunch of great links in it.

How about we recognize each thread for what they are, a political ramification and motivation thread (Soficrow's) and a political conspiracy thread, that will focus on the possible outcome from this legislation (his jack booted thugness')... The "big brother" factor.

I think ATS will survive.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Fair enough.

I'm off to see if any of the parties are against this and if our upcoming election can save us from this monstrosity. Although I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
IMO - there is a conspiracy to establish the Corporate State of North America. And I've been whining about it for a while.

Now I have to look for all TC's stuff on the subject. I suspect he's been writing about it too, just in different language. But searching ATS is kinda like requesting info under the FOI act - you need to know the title.

Ya got any links TC?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'll not make it clearer; if you can't understand my language, I cannot help you.

If you would like to discuss this in a non-political way, bring your toys to the sandbox.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It wasn't a challenge TC! Just saying I think you've looked at this conspiracy before - I'm thinking about your article on the Olympians. ...I suspect you have threads or posts here, but don't know what to search for. (Olympians is a dead end, no returns.)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
IMO - there is a conspiracy to establish the Corporate State of North America. And I've been whining about it for a while.

Whining, there's no whining here!

Just relax, the U.S. will annex Canada in a few years and you'll only have to worry about our Patriot Act. The positive side will be that you'll have a currency worth something, and you'll live in a country that has more than four NHL hockey teams.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We have a currency that is worth something?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Very funny MD.

FYI - the US will not annex Canada. The US itself was annexed - by the same group that scooped Canada and Mexico, and under the same umbrella too. I just haven't figured out who they really are yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
We have a currency that is worth something?

Stick out your chest, shoulders back, eyes front.

We have a currency that is worth more than the Canadian Peso.

Drop and give me twenty.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A challenge? What challenge? Is there a challenge to be found?

I missed the language.

Sofi, you mistake me for someone who can remember what he had for breakfast.

I might have posted something that is related to this topic as I try and keep an eye on "them" and you know who they are!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Have you been hangin at the Skull and Bones TC? Drinkin on the job?

Like, what did you have for breakfast?

ooops. forgot the funny guy

[edit on 19-11-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OK everyone please stay on topic.

Final warning!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes, Sir.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Just relax, the U.S. will annex Canada in a few years and you'll only have to worry about our Patriot Act. The positive side will be that you'll have a currency worth something, and you'll live in a country that has more than four NHL hockey teams.

Dismissed.

I think it's inevitable that all of North America will become one.
And I knew this guy would somehow be involved.

I see him as a bit of a rabble-rouser........

But if American wants Canada, they have to take the good with the bad. They have to open the border to Mexico and Central America.
The United States would also have to include Venezuela in this, and that may end up being by force.

But back to the topic...

I feel we've already lost the fight to any freedom of privacy, and it's this very medium that stole it from us. It's this medium of communication that we treasure, that we can't live without, that has taken away what privacy we had in the 1980's.

He who controls the net, controls the world, because the information contained on-line is becoming the most valuable asset that this planet has.
Every one of these steps taken by governments erodes away at the freedom of the people to communicate.
Freedom to communicate without fear of investigation if I chat with my brother about a hot political topic through my e-mail.
Are they going to scan for specific "key words"??? And then do follow ups...

Will it be safe to send your mother an Iranian recipe without triggering some further snooping into what else you've sent your mother and everyone else.

And people say I'm paranoid................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join