It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Validity of Medical Devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I chose this forum because I believe this is a Science topic more of a "medical conspiracy" topic.

First of all let's leave the more common devices like Rife, Rife-Bare, and the Hulda Clark Zapper aside.

My question is about some of the things I see advertised in Nexus magazine, specifically one company that frequently runs large ads boasting interesting claims. The devices include things like "Essential Photon Sound Beam," "BioMirror Plus I,II," and "NeuroPulse I, II, III."

There is no clearly listed company name, the address says "IHS" with an Arizona PO BOX listing.

I have not visited the company site yet (www.jcau.com/energymedicine), but this ad seems so vague and offers no information on the theory behind these devices, so I am intrigued.

Anyone know anything about the devices, any similar devices, or the company?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Lets just say theyre a scam until proven otherwise since its not national news abot some glorious medical marvel machine, and there is little information on how it actually works, im waiting to be impressed.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Taking a look atNexus, what kind of magazine and material it covers, I wouldn't be surprised to find scam machines inside as advertisements. Are there other devices besides medical which look suspicous, say free energy/alternative energy?

Have you compared the advertisements to what the articles are about or compared this magazine to say, JAMA, Nature, or Science or other nonspecific medical/science journal?

It is also a magazine and not a journal so I would be suspicious as to who is doing the editing, what makes them qualified to do so and their intentions.

Take a look at the first question of their FAQ:

#1. The most commonly-asked question sounds something like: "If what you publish is true, why haven't you been closed down?" The answers that spring to mind are: (a) Somebody 'up there' likes us; (b) Nobody 'up there' gives a damn; (c) We are too big to close down without attracting yet more attention; (d) We are too small to worry about; (e) Maybe we are accidentally following some secret sociomanipulative agenda of somebody's; or (f) 'They' have never heard of NEXUS.

I haven't logged on to any of the sites of the above mentioned journals but I am almost 100% sure that in their FAQ section they have nothing like this at all. This question made no sense, answering it made no sense and posting it on a website made no sense. The person answering the question (and probably creating it) did so in order to attract those interested in paranormal (the pseudo), not facts, who believe there is an undefinible entity called 'they' who seek to supress knowledge.

Science and JAMA are filled with many facts and, uh, they haven't been shut down to my knowledge. There have been many science journals for over hundreds of years which have existed and have never been shut down for publishing reports.. I don't understand why they would be.

I am surprised (no I am not, they make the questions) that not one of the questions is about the staff at NEXUS.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nexus is the same magazine that publishes articles like "drinking your own urine is good for you." Let's just say they that they suck and those devices are most likely scams.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is one major flaw to this device I see after having looked around on the website. First, I don't know much about sonic effects on the body, though I do know there is an emerging field of research investigating various effects and applications.

The flaw of this device it its lack of credentials. There is no indication of any FDA compliance, approval, etc. Therefore, no hospital would ever want or be able to purchase one. If the technology was capable of doing what they're claiming it can, they would have invested the time and money to get an FDA certification. It would probably be classified as a class 3 or class 4 device, meaning there would be little risk in using it, so the investment in research for approval would be minimal.

Instead, it appears their market is for those who don't know better. Because of that, I am fairly sure this is a hoax. Why market an item that can do everything they say it can do to personal trainers and individuals when you could mark up the price 100-fold and sell it to hospitals?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[edit on 18-11-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

join