It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis and psichic skills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi everyone, i've just had a thought i wanted to share with you, reading what you may think about it.

I'm quite curious about psichic skills and pheonmena, such as telepathy, pk, "awareness", AP and so on...

I was wondering: could it be possible that a precise and aimed hypnosis (or a hypno therapy) can allow us to acheive/increase psichic skills?

I mean: as far as i know, such skills remain latent in our mind, and normally we have to undergo a certain training in order to "remember" them.
On the other hand, hypnosis can go deep in our mind. So, could it be possible to remember our latent skills through hypnosis, and then keep remembering them in our normal conscious state?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you were to be hypnotized and go into a DEEP trance, and are able to see, live past lives, then there is a possibility that you could find the skills, wisdom from your past lives to use in this one.
It would have to be a very loving, honest hypnotist that one can trust..

mod redit, removed quote of previous post

[edit on 17-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well that's one of the reasons that has held me back so far: at the moment, i don't know yet any hypnotist.
I've got some firends who study psychology, and some other who have sometimes dabbled with hypnosis, but for such a research i'd rather contact a person whose integrity and professionality are at excellent levels.

Anybody else wanting to share an opinion about this topic?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hypnosis, as it's generally practiced, involves the implanting of suggestions by the hypnotist into the subject. The suggestions are not implanted into your consciousness, but rather into your subconsciousness, unconsciousness, and infraconsciousness.

Rather than awaken our latent psychic faculties, hypnosis delves us away from awakening our consciousness. It is the opposite of meditation, in which we can observe all thoughts, feelings and sensations.

Awareness is the most important practice to achieve an objective astral projection. If we are not aware during the day, we cannot expect to be aware during the night. If we are aware during the whole day, we will most certainly have objective astral projections with seemingly little effort.

Through meditation we can observe ourselves, away from the ego, to improve our awareness. It is through self-observation, and the dissolving of the ego (opposite of hypnosis) that we can develop psychic powers.

I recommend the following course about meditation that certainly helped me awaken some psychic faculties, and I hope it helps you:

Gnostic Meditation

Of course this is solely my opinion. Until we have direct experience of it, it remains dogma, another theory, or a new belief.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 17/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, that's an interesting point of view: so far, i've seen hypnosis as a "duality". On one hand there are the implanted impressions... if i've understood properly, we could compare them with what sometimes we see on TV shows: the hypnotized patient acting obeying what the hypnotist sayis, maybe also acting oddly (ok, that's not our case, but it was just as an example). On the other, i've heard of more "useful" hypnosis, that should allow you to enter in your inner self and, for example, learn something from your past lives. But you don't suggest the latter as a way to remember certain skills, don't you?

Anyway, thanks for the link, i'll be happy to read it properly!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
On the other, i've heard of more "useful" hypnosis, that should allow you to enter in your inner self and, for example, learn something from your past lives.

The ego, the self, is ultimately an illusion. We must dissolve the self in order to awaken and liberate the consciousness trapped within it.

The following is an except of VM Samael Aun Weor's book, Revolutionary Psychology:

As 'superior' and 'inferior' are two sections of the same thing, it is worth establishing that, as a natural consequence of this, the "HIGHER SELF" and "LOWER SELF" are two aspects of the same thing.

The so-called "DIVINE SELF" or "HIGHER SELF", "ALTER EGO" or something along this line, is certainly a trick of the "Myself"; a form of SELF-DECEIT.

Not one of us has a SELF which is true, permanent, immutable, everlasting, innefable, etc...

It is possible to learn about our past lives in the Akashic Records, while having an objective astral experience.

But you don't suggest the latter as a way to remember certain skills, don't you?

The consciousness within the ego can also be awakened. This can in fact lead to the attainment of psychic faculties, in control by the ego. This is black magic, and leads to walking the black path.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
It is possible to learn about our past lives in the Akashic Records, while having an objective astral experience.

Hey this may be off topic, but.. I heard of this guy who would asteral project and go jogging at night. And one night he sees a library (I assume its not normally on his trip) and he goes inside to find people reading books, and monks reading scrolls. Is this "library" in the "asteral realm (?)" sort of a manifestation of the Akashic Records? Could it be a physical representation of knowledge, lets say, a way of gaining knowlege in the asteral realm. I think I read somewhere about something like a library appearing during asteral travels.. Anyways he saw some guys walking into a door in the back, and one day he goes back there and sees an altar with a priest type person, and this priest guy was molding a heap of clay into the shape of a person.. Got any ideas on what was going on?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Hey this may be off topic, but.. I heard of this guy who would asteral project and go jogging at night.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying. When you say he astral projects and goes jogging at night do you mean:

1. He goes jogging physically, and then astral projects.

OR

2. He astral projects, and then jogs in the astral.

And one night he sees a library (I assume its not normally on his trip) and he goes inside to find people reading books, and monks reading scrolls.

Is this a physical library or one in the astral?

Is this "library" in the "asteral realm (?)" sort of a manifestation of the Akashic Records?

If he saw the library while astral projecting, then it is in the astral realm. It is very possible it was the Akashic Records. They can manifest in many different forms.

Could it be a physical representation of knowledge, lets say, a way of gaining knowlege in the asteral realm.

The Akashic Records are not physical; they are located in the 5th dimension. Through the Akashic Records one can gain an immense amount knowledge and direct experience.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In my experiances, I was helped greatly by PLR past life regression, that is not that mditation does not help you either..Try imaging an electric blue lotus flower as your guide..
Being able to recall my childhood was very beneficial to me, as I had been through some awful times..Such as, I said it is you 3rd birthday look around and tell me who is there and you will describe the cake,toys,people,,etc,,and it is cathartic to expuge childhood demons and it can help you very much as an adult.I do not give ANY suggestions but for you to tell me what you see and you do all the talking..My way is healing and has nothing to do with majic..

On Akashic records there seems to be much dis-sgreement on this board, so I would rather not get into that..I have a past thread on this, please search Akashic records to pull it back up.

As far as a hypnotist goes, TRUST and truth is most important,,Feel very content with the one you choose.Stay in the Light..

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thanks guys for your replies

As soon as i'll manage to acheive something, i'll post it here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
would anyone out there be willing to help me progress with hypnosis? chat with me on yahoo:reyna4fitness

top topics

join