It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government UFO Projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jack D. Pickett. I have never heard for him before last night but was his story is a very interesting one.

One of the points about government UFO's is that they are rooted in solid documented aerospace history. It is no secret that both the Germans and the United States had been developing saucer shaped vehicles before WWII ended. The Germans had more advanced aerodyanamic studies but the US had actually built a saucer shaped flying aircraft using conventional propulsion (Vought V-173 / XF5U-1). Taking that practical and well documented information into account, Jack D. Pickett's story is of great interest for research that I am doing right now. The designs he speaks of would have been the next logical step in saucer shaped designs after WWII. More importantly they support the next step for the USAF to Nucear powered designs. Designs that the U.S. Government declassified some years back. See Image > USAF UFO Nuclear Design

Since I am researching US Black Projects and their relation to UFOs durring the Cold War Era, anyone interested in this subject please add to this or contact me. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Illustrations of the kind Jack D. Picket said he had observed
Site www.usafflyingsaucers.com...

Images of the Vought V-173 / XF5U-1

[edit on 15-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmm 56 views and not one comment.

I see this as pretty compelling information.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I also heard the story and saw these photos on the *chuckle* disinformation *chuckle* History Channel. But looking at the aerodynamics of the saucer, I have to question whether it is even capable of flying like a conventional aircraft. If you look at the cross-section of the wing from this drawing from the link you provided.

It does not have the shape of a normal wing, and I don’t think would create lift. I also do not see any conventional means of propulsion.

www.aeromuseum.org...

Though I am no expert, I think you should have posted this in the Aircraft Projects forum. I am sure there are many experts there that have seen these before. I would also like to note, that they mentioned in the show that these pictures are not actual photos, and I guess there are no de-classified government documents to support that these craft existed. They are very cool looking though.

[edit on 11/16/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nice find. Im sure most will put it down and dismiss it. I for one believe it all to be true. I have always thought that our modern day B-2 is a direct decendant of UFO technology.

Jack Northrup came up with the idea idea years ago...yeah yeah. I know someone will counter will that.

The USAF is just continuing to hold its 50 year long breath until it can one day say, "see, there are not flying saucers, it has been us the whole time" but we will all know its a bunch of bullsheet.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
The USAF is just continuing to hold its 50 year long breath until it can one day say, "see, there are not flying saucers, it has been us the whole time" but we will all know its a bunch of bullsheet.

There is very good reason why the US Government will never disclose UFO inspired operations. One has to do with the level of liability of radioactive exposure to civilians. There are many accounts of radioactive contamination at crash and landing sites. What a relief for those involved that the public would front a UFO crash or landing to their benefit. How convenient that the Military was always able to canvas a UFO site so quickly. That's too convenient. That's some interesting dissinformation if you ask me. How do you sue an alien for radioactive poisening?

We developed Nuclear propulsion for aircraft and the US Government already unclassified plans for nuclear powered vehicles designed for use durring the Cold War. Popular Science even did a piece on it which has since been removed from their site.

Here's more from the Popular Science Article

Crash Debris
The engineering study obtained by POPULAR MECHANICS contains language that describes a re-entry heating test that, at the time, could have been accomplished by only a high-altitude drop of a flying prototype. A further indication that the LRV flew comes from a retired Air Force contractor. He tells PM he personally saw a craft fitting the description of the LRV at a Florida base that he had been visiting on unrelated business in the late 1960s. However, what is by far the most compelling evidence that the LRV, or a flying prototype, was actually built comes from Australia.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by nullster]

PKD

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The shape is pretty much irrelevant, and this one is powered by rocket drive. The important factor to remember is propulsion systems. I made a post a few months back about the Hanebu and Vrill saucers, which were late 1920's and early 1930's strangely propulsed German flying disc's, pre ww2.
mittymax.com...
obviosly computer generated

Vril 5
Nazi Hanebu

[edit on 16-11-2005 by PKD]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nice pictures PKD

Thanks to the ATS members in Aircraft Projects
. Here is the original article now posted on military.com about the Nuclear LRV.

Popular Mechanics: Americas Nuclear Flying Saucer

Thanks to intelgurl for this

Interesting Read: Nuclear Propulsion for Ramjet Aircraft Engines
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PKD

Computer generated yes, but it looks soooo cool!!!!

Ummm, as for USAF soucers, well I believe they are all just reverse-engineered versions of ET crafts.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hello

Mark McCandlish, who is part of the Disclosure Project, is an accomplished aerospace illustrator and has worked for many of the top aerospace corporations in the United States. His colleague, Brad Sorenson, with whom he studied, has been inside a facility at Norton Air Force Base, where he witnessed alien reproduction vehicles, or ARVs, that were fully operational and hovering. In his full testimony, you learn that the US not only has operational antigravity propulsion devices, but they have had them for many, many years, and they have been developed through the study, in part, of extraterrestrial vehicles over the past fifty years. In addition, we have the drawing from aerospace inventor Brad Sorenson of the devices that he saw, as well as a schematic of one of these alien reproduction vehicles - in some remarkable detail.

Here is the "ARV" (Alien Reproduction Vehicle) :

In 1966, a military pilot took this photograph of a ufo which looks very similar to the ARV :

PKD

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Aliens huh? I think you mean Germans.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
wow those photos from 1966 are pretty convincing!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
But looking at the aerodynamics of the saucer, I have to question whether it is even capable of flying like a conventional aircraft. If you look at the cross-section of the wing from this drawing from the link you provided.

It does not have the shape of a normal wing, and I don’t think would create lift. I also do not see any conventional means of propulsion.

Symmetrical airfoils fly just fine.
Low speeds take a higher angle of attack, but they will fly.
Faster they go the more efficient they are.

Take note of model aircraft with symmetrical airfoils.
Designed for stunt work and inverted flight - for the most part - shows them to be equally efficient in normal or inverted flight.

The old comment about enough horsepower will fly anything has been proven true by modelers who flew a hollow core door with fairly powerful engines - considering their size - and added aerodynamic controls.
(Elevator, rudder etc.)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don’t get it…

The LRV diagram shown in this thread has conventional “rocket motors” in it… wouldn’t those leave a vapor trail if used within our atmosphere?

It also has “fins” on it and is not a true saucer shape… it is flat across the back.

The Vought V-173 / XF5U-1 pictured in this thread is also not a true saucer shape (flat across the front) and it too has fins.

The images of the un-named “flying saucers are real” Jack Picket craft is more saucer shaped than the others, but it has a very standard looking airplane fuselage running from the center to the circumference and a fin, giving it a very decided frontness and backness…

All of these models seem to have a “front” and a “back” and a “fin” which implies a preferred direction of travel… none of those vehicles are going to move in a direction contrary to the fins.

Yet “classical” flying saucers don’t seem to exhibit any of these qualities. No front, no back, and no fins. They seem to be able to hover, accelerate in any direction, make sudden course changes, go from a stand still to a zillion miles an hour in the blink of an eye, etc. etc. None of these craft seem capable of performing the most standard of flying saucer maneuvers and they seem to be powered by engines that would either make a lot of noise and/or leave some type of vapor / exhaust trail…

And if the saucer shape is truly a wonderful design for aircraft, why don’t we see more of them? Why aren’t other countries or the private sector incorporating the saucer shape into their aircraft?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
torbjon - The reason why I started this thread is to help answer some of the unknowns concerning Unidentified Flying Objects.

This post is in no way set to nail all Unidentified Flying Objects as man made. It is simply is to help illustrate that the various Governments have taken saucer shaped designs very seriously. The more I am looking into it, the more it's making sense for practical reasons.

Although I have no way of proving this next phrase. "Fight Fire with Fire". The idea that Governments/militaries viewed UFOs as reasonable threats durring the Cold War could have easily fostered the interest in Saucer based designs.

Also keep in mind the LRV Nuclear design was an actual declassified design. With enough investigation, I am hoping to prove or disprove the existance of the other vehicles. But for now they seem to fit into the timeline.

Also consider there are more vehicles from that time period we may still know nothing about. I hope that helps in your understanding of this post.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Symmetrical airfoils fly just fine.
Low speeds take a higher angle of attack, but they will fly.

Thanks for the reply. Your right with enough power it would probably fly, but is there any advantage to this wing design? Would it be more manuverable at high speed or altitude? I don't think there is because there would be more craft like these.

Just an idea that I thought of and posted this reply in another thread about the same craft.

I still wonder what it was that they were designed to defend against. I still need more proof that they actually existed. It does not make sense that they would have craft of this type, and at the same time have programs like the X-Planes.

One reason that popped into my head, was could these be recovered/captured UFO's that were disguised to look like USAF craft? They obviously do not fly by conventional means, and very few were made, if any. Maybe the propulsion systems could not be duplicated, so they slap on a cover to learn how they operate?

edit: This might also explain why they are not de-classified.

I know I'm reaching.

[edit on 11/17/2005 by Hal9000]

PKD

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
I don’t get it…
Why aren’t other countries or the private sector incorporating the saucer shape into their aircraft?

According to Issac Asimov, a flying saucer is ultimate war machine. Contemplate on that for a minute. Then you might eventually realize why there is so much disinformation spread about how they are powered and their true nature. The entire phenomena is more taboo than sex in a nuns convent. Then you have people builing all sorts of incantations of them in their basements and backyards. The entire subject is extremely delicate, and the technology used to construct say a Mark 4 model is the pinnacle of human accomplishment. If other countries are manufacturing such devices in private sector, you can bet that it is kept in the utmost secrecy. The right technology in the wrong hands can lead to disasterous results, ie.. GWB being the Commander in Cheif of the military.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hello

As asked by some people, i made a page gathering the informations concerning the supposed ARV (Alien Reproduction Vehicle).

Check it out : ARV - ALIEN REPRODUCTION VEHICLE

new topics

top topics

join