It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugatti Veyron: Most powerful car on the road (1,001 HP 250 mph).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was reading about this new toy-car and the specs just blew me away. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and over 1,000 hp. I know you're thinking that a high end Porsche or Ferrari can match this acceleration, but once the cars reach 100 mph the Bugatti will blow them off the road. The two clutch automatic transmission automates what would be a difficult task of handling all this power. One clutch engages the next gear as the first clutch disengages the previous one. A smooth and seamless operation that won't spill one drop of your drink. If you get a chance read this article where the driver goes from zero to 180, and back down to highway speed in 15 seconds.

source

Passenger jet on take-off? Doesn't begin to describe the feeling. This was kick-in-the-back acceleration, even at 100mph. Now 120, 140, 160, 180.

Two little Fiats ahead: I wasn't going to blast past them in warp drive. I peeked down at the speedo (small and hard to read, stupidly) and stood on the brakes. Calipers clenched the vast carbon-fibre discs, and an airbrake erected itself proud of the rear spoiler, and with that, speed evaporated in magical violence. I tensed my arms against the steering wheel, felt the seatbelt clinch against my chest, pulled down again to a sedate motorway speed. That whole sensational up-and-back exercise was the most memorable 15 seconds of my life with cars.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This thing is insane!

If I had that kind of money to burn I would buy one just as a collectors item, never to drive. How much power is too much?:shk:

Peace

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Dr Love]

join