It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separating Russian Fighters...??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
A small tought occured in my small brains... For all fighter pros it's easy to see the differense between different planes... As I have only studied American planes I have no knowledge about the Russian ones, could you please help me separate these plaens from eachoter...

SU-27, Su-32, Su-34, Su-37

Now, I have some waysto separate them, check the pics, and if you ahve more info, please post it...

SU-27

external image

SU-32

external image

SU-34

SU-37

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think the Su-32 and Su-34 are the same aren't they? The canard is also present on thephoto you label Su-32 but it is difficult to see.

As far as I know there is just the one version of the Flanker family with the 'Platypus' front fuselage, Su-32FN/Su-34.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes I heard the same thing about SU-32 and 34 being the same plane, but then it hit me that they can't be identical, so maybe they work like Hornet A and C models, just small differences...

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Yes I heard the same thing about SU-32 and 34 being the same plane, but then it hit me that they can't be identical, so maybe they work like Hornet A and C models, just small differences...

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

Matej had a great tree diagram on the Su-27 onwards family..I think its on this forum only..

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Here I am

The diagram can be downloaded here: www.hitechweb.szm.sk...

The main visual differences:

Su-27 is basic version, it has no TVC, cannards and straight wing
Su-32 is designation for production version of Su-27IB. Originaly it existed in two modifications: Su-32FN and Su-32MF. It has two seat cockpit with pilots one next to other. The same look has navy Su-33UB, but the navy plane has rounded cross-section where the cockpit is and Su-32 has egg like cross section there.
Picture named Su-34 is in fact prototype of Su-32MF (blue 42), the same, as on next 3 view. Probably it is hard to recognise cannards, but they are there (in photo they can be seen directly above air intakes).
And Su-37 is modernised Su-35 (eleventh prototype - blue 11) with TVC, new radar and advanced avionics. Now it does not exist, because only one prototype was built and destroyed in 2002.

Su-27 thread here

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Cheers Matej, I didn't realise that the Su-32 series had been given a new NATO name, I thought they were all still Flankers

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej
Here I am

The diagram can be downloaded here: www.hitechweb.szm.sk...

The main visual differences:

Su-27 is basic version, it has no TVC, cannards and straight wing
Su-32 is designation for production version of Su-27IB. Originaly it existed in two modifications: Su-32FN and Su-32MF. It has two seat cockpit with pilots one next to other. The same look has navy Su-33UB, but the navy plane has rounded cross-section where the cockpit is and Su-32 has egg like cross section there.
Picture named Su-34 is in fact prototype of Su-32MF (blue 42), the same, as on next 3 view. Probably it is hard to recognise cannards, but they are there (in photo they can be seen directly above air intakes).
And Su-37 is modernised Su-35 (eleventh prototype - blue 11) with TVC, new radar and advanced avionics. Now it does not exist, because only one prototype was built and destroyed in 2002.

Su-27 thread here

Thanks...
nice to have somebody who knows about Russian fighters, nice link BTW...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Could you plese resize the image a bit, so that It would be easier to look at it...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Could you plese resize the image a bit, so that It would be easier to look at it...

Resolution?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Resolution?

I think he is talking about sizes of the photo as the visualy diff of each plane is a lil harder to see but people can always go onto google and get there own images too. but size maybe one thing to think about i guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've read in magazine which said both toilet and kitchen in the Su-32's cocpit, is it true? Who has photos to prove it?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
I've read in magazine which said both toilet and kitchen in the Su-32's cocpit, is it true? Who has photos to prove it?

Yes that is a fact, I heard that too from a friend of mine, here's a link...

LINK

Just read the text, and soon the "kitchen"part will appear...

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't think its a kitchen but a area to store and heat food not to prepare food.

And a place to sleep

Sukhoi designers believe that the cabin environment provides the pilot and navigator with conditions for good combat teamwork. It has been optimized for long-range patrol missions with multiple air refuelings extending to ten to fourteen hours. Once you enter the cabin from the built in stairs, you close up the entry area to access a small crew kitchen with a refrigerator and food-heating unit, a sewage disposal "john", and a first aid station that could serve as a place to laydown and sleep. For one of course.

www.sci.fi...

best picture i could find

[edit on 19-11-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wow, that's not a fighter , that's a hotel
But there is no photos could be used to prove it!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
No, I searched on Google, but I couldn't find any... But there's a kitchen there for sure... I have now found several text wich would indicate that...

Wouldn't it be cool to go on a trip with your own Su-32, food, tv a bed... What more can a plane fanatic want...??

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think that the Su-34 is a small area where you store food in the fridge and heat it up in the microwave.

When you are on a strike mission in a confined space you dont have a lot of area to prepare food

a kitch is a room equipped for preparing meals as defined by dictionary.com. the meals will already have been prepared because of the explanation above

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No, I searched on Google, but I couldn't find any... But there's a kitchen there for sure... I have now found several text wich would indicate that...

Wouldn't it be cool to go on a trip with your own Su-32, food, tv a bed... What more can a plane fanatic want...??

I cant say that it is completely wrong, but at least very excessive.

I cleared everything thanks to MAKS 2005 - microwave is small cube 15 x 15 x 20 cm and cross it goes some cable or cane. Fridge - heat isolated box for two cones of food. Coffemaker - container for a few liters of water, that can flow out a bit heated. Lavatory - plastic bottle for pissing and plastic bag for other. First aid station - something like first aid equipment in car. Bed - folding deck (I think for person with maximal 160 cm height - very uncomfortable!).

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I cant say that it is completely wrong, but at least very excessive.

I cleared everything thanks to MAKS 2005 - microwave is small cube 15 x 15 x 20 cm and cross it goes some cable or cane. Fridge - heat isolated box for two cones of food. Coffemaker - container for a few liters of water, that can flow out a bit heated. Lavatory - plastic bottle for pissing and plastic bag for other. First aid station - something like first aid equipment in car. Bed - folding deck (I think for person with maximal 160 cm height - very uncomfortable!).

Well yes of course, my point here was not to do this " bed size 1 m 70 cm," etc, etc... i just wanted to write and tell my opinion how spectacular it is to have this in a plane... But I understand your opinion...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
OK, I fully accept it. The purpose of that was only to better say, what is reality. Any comment is allways welcome. It is only fortuity, that I quoted you

[edit on 21-11-2005 by matej]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The pic of the ladder up the nose gear is really cool. I'm wondering if the Airforce would put something simalir on a F/B-23. I guess my question is how pratical do people think it is? Is the US Airforce and its designers good enough at stealthing a cockpit that we dont even have to think along those lines?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join