It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet-Dissolving Dust Cloud Headed for Earth! (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yep, I know it sounds like something straight out of Weekly World News, but this is actually on Yahoo...

PLANET-DISSOLVING DUST CLOUD IS HEADED TOWARD EARTH!
Monday September 12, 2005

By MIKE FOSTER

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

lol... but they have GOOD news!!!

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics,"

LINK:
tv.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
there have been a couple of threads on this one.
It was origionally posted on India Daily soooooo......
needless to say, it has been laid to rest

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

"The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, I guess that would explain why it was in the "Entertainment" section of Yahoo

I tried a search on it, but nothing... if you could link the other threads, that would be nice...

Really, I wonder what they saw that they thought was this cloud... I'm sure NASA will deny that they found anything, even if they really did, just to avoid causing panic. (if it came from nasa, I bet it was someone joking "LOOK! I just found a cloud that's eating everything! HAHA!!!" and some eavesdropper only caught part of it
)

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That quote was from the link you posted........

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

join