It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's end is near.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
America is already decomposing in the heat.

USA is experiencing a time similar to when the Roman Empire crumbled. People's senses grow dull. They do not feel the deterioration of the basic moral fibber of the nation, or they feel it and do not know what to do about it.

It's only a little season before the country completely deflates.

Don't you agree?
ps. no offence to any nationalists, just a critical overview

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No, I do not agree with you. The exact opposite of what you say is true.

As of today the US has more power then its every had period!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No, I do not agree with you. The exact opposite of what you say is true.

As of today the US has more power then its every had period!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't know if morality really plays into the survival of a nation or not. Its definitely degrading, but I do not see how morality comes into play with the national strength.

Patriotism in the U.S. was at an all time high a year or so ago, but its been knocked down somewhat with the revelations that have come afterwards. Its going on strong to a degree.

What will destroy the U.S. is economic degredation. Which also happened greatly within the last three years. Its been going on for decades now (if not longer), and has really stepped up since Bush got into office and 9/11/01 happened. I don't think morality has ever played into money here.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I also do not agree. Just because America isn't as strong as she used to be, doesn't mean she is weak. Which other country in the world is as powerfull as the U.S.? I'm sure the government has backup plans and ways to prevent a collapse of the country. Why run a huge country and not have a plan incase you get weak for a period of time?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Im with CPYKOmega.
The U.S is at its best for the time.

As for you Freeman, where is your head man!?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I totally agree. Any moral high ground they had is being pissed away, and they are bankrupting their country and making it FAR less free.

Every empire falls, and the US is falling. Maybe a new Prez will help, but I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The end of America...as we know it now, yes..!

++++

America changed after the Civil War-between-the-states

America changed at WW 1

America changed at WW 2

USA changed at Korean Police Action

USA, post Vietnam....

USA-Haiti,Somalia,Kosovo,Grenada,Bosnia,Iraq.....
(not in ay particular order, just off the top of da head...)
~~~~

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Roman Empire was rotten from the inside and so became vounerable to the attacks from the outside. The same thing is happening in US. If you had told a roman emperor at the peak of his power that the Empire will start to crumble soon, he wouldnt believe you, the PEOPLE wouldnt believe that " Who in the world can destroy the all mighty Empire?!". The distruction came eventually, first from within the Empire.

If you look at the US today, people live in fear, goverment has used that to gain even more control, the powerful are fighting amongst themselves about whos gonna rule more. On the outside, the Empire still stands united and strong, but on the inside its not so united anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
is that the respone you are recieving freeman...
and by the way you did not answer my question earlier on another post...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Has nothing to do with morals...neither did the fall of Rome...despite the common thinking... Rome's fall was due to mismanagement of resources, and a failure to consider their outlying region's concerns. Couple this with a further corrupting of the Senate, and it crumbled from within, as well as from the outsides...

However, I do agree with you in part, but moreso, due to factors such as the emergance of the Euro as a competitive currency, our dependance on foreign (especially middle eastern) oil....and our current administration's seemingly total disregarding of world opinion...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how much you can compare the US to the Roman Empire. I mean, things have changed. Lots of things. Technology, society, world populations, etc. So much to take into account...

Eh, I don't know. Something to think about....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The roman empire was made by conquering other countrys. this made it very vulnerable. America is made up of the 50 states of America. The states all wished to be a part of America, or were transfered legally (exept maybe Hawaii).

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
The roman empire was made by conquering other countrys. this made it very vulnerable. America is made up of the 50 states of America. The states all wished to be a part of America, or were transfered legally (exept maybe Hawaii).

Ummmm, If I remember right, the USA was created by white anglosaxons coming over from the British Isles and conquering the Natives that lived here. Does this not follow suit with what you said????

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with the original topic, I just wanted to point out what I perceived as flawed logic.

(no offense to you)

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, Morality and degradation has everything to do with the decline of an empire. the problem is that people stick with the Christian mentality of morality.

We are not a nation of fear, just the opposite, hardly anyone I know worries about terrorism, just media hype.

We live in apathy. Apathy, gluttony, no moderation, lack of any form of self discipline. We do not work to trulky improve ourselves, we feed our short attention spans with petty, stupid little distractions.

America was strongest back in the 1950s. We were not mired in debt. People had jobs, we manufactured just about everything ourselves. People had discipline. people did not waste as much. How many times has your mother told you about when she was little how she had to eat everything off her plate? TV was new, but people actually did other things. We were not as fat. We had strong beliefs and a purpose.

We are weak now. We are overweight, stupid, and lazy. We do not think for ourselves, we do not wonder. What happened to American innovations and inventiveness? We are more dependant than ever on foreign imports. We are so lazy we want illegal immigrants to come in and clean our houses and mow our lawns because our fat asses cant be bothered with it. Americans have luxruries because they are shacked by thousands of dollars of debts. they are less employed. Kids are becoming less educated. Kids are getting dumbed down. Thats our future. We will have a future of semi literate apathetic cattle running the show who have no clue of even thier own state constitution.

People watch TV. Movies. Soend thier time and waste money on amusement parks. Buy gas guzzling cars they cant afford. Divorce is high, broken families everywhere. people are not having children, our birthrate declines. There is alot of dischord, disunity, and no one seems to care. Corruption starts at the very base level of society: the family. When you destroy the family unit, the rest of civilization follows.

The human family unit is the most basic building block of human society, ANY human society, not just ours. Ours is crimbling, just like the family structure did in acient Rome. Kids running out of control, no respect for the elders,. parents who are into self gratification simply not caring for the kids.

America is rotting, and is rotting from within. Our govornments are so corrupted that scandals no longer shock us, they are so common we are used to them. We almost expect it, and no one cares.

Apathy. As long as Im well fed and have my stupid cars and talk about them hours on end, everything is ok. Ill just turn the TV on and watch the sports game. The Romans loved sports too. It helped dull thier brains and provided a distraction as thier empire crumbled about them.

Self improvement. people not working hard not just to fill thier braisn with knowldge, but learn how to become critical, innovative, and descisive thinkers. they let thier bodies get fat. they do not wish to truly broaden thier horizons, and discover the unknown.

This country was built on pioneers who braved the unknown, risking life and limb, jsut to get a glimpse of what was out west. Those pioneers are dead. Now all thats left is a bunch of hairy, overweight, braindead drooling cud munching cattle who are headed to the slaughterhouse and do not care.

America shall crumble at this rate, unless its given a rude awakening to knock it off its fat ass and on to the floor of reality.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho

Ummmm, If I remember right, the USA was created by white anglosaxons coming over from the British Isles and conquering the Natives that lived here. Does this not follow suit with what you said????

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with the original topic, I just wanted to point out what I perceived as flawed logic.

(no offense to you)

none taken. the thing is that native americans are defeated, and weren't intergrated into America, they were defeated (the ones fighting anyway). In the countrys that rome invaded, the people in the countrys became intergrated with rome. they were expected to pay taxes and everything.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How about the Confederate States?
that wasnt legimate transformation.
Or was it?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I seriously doubt america will be diying any time soon.
why?
we have the bomb.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe the end of the incumbent administration is nearer than most people think, but the United States will survive it and thrive again, maybe 30-40 years from now, as a co-operative member of the developed world.

The importance of bringing the criminal gang in Washington DC to lawful, full and final justice cannot be underestimated.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
I seriously doubt america will be diying any time soon.
why?
we have the bomb.

Didnt save the USSR and they had more and bigger bombs.. nations will fall apart if they are rotten inside.. (or have a weak leader like Gorbatshev or a cancer.. like Yeltsin..)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join