It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superpower Public Relations....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well, if the Pentagon can fail to account for a trillion dollars (US$1,000,000,000,000), then a billion in failed universal public relations shouldn't be a problem.

I have a friend who has submitted articles for the dismal, pro-US "Hi" magazine launched to middle Eastern markets last month. That is an interesting one to watch.

Meanwhile taxpayer money goes to cover the Bush admin's great frauds... and nobody buys the honey-coated lies and deceit.

www.usatoday.com...

$1 billion international image campaign isn't enough to buy U.S. love

WASHINGTON � The Bush administration spends $1 billion a year trying to polish the United States' image around the world, yet polls show anti-Americanism rising to record levels, especially in Muslim and Arab nations where the government is concentrating its efforts.

Now, a new report from Congress' General Accounting Office explains why the federal government's efforts at "public diplomacy" have been such a failure.

The report, released Sept. 4, concluded that the State Department's efforts have been scattershot and uncoordinated, foreign service officers charged with promoting the nation's image too often get stuck filling out paperwork, and one in five foreign service officers who are supposed to be helping America's image aren't fluent enough in the language of the country in which they're stationed.

Most damning, the report said the government isn't even trying to scientifically measure whether its public relations efforts are having any effect on foreign hearts and minds. Instead, it gauges success through anecdotes or even by how many speeches a local ambassador gives.

(Article continues at link...)

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You know, stuff like this confuses me. Is this whole damn thing one giant NWO plot or, say PNAC NWO is kinda dumb and focuses on might to much and their tatics aren't working as planned? Or is PNAC controlled by a still higher up NWO. This kind of thing thinking could go on forever, though.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think PNAC PR is a layer within NWO PR, but both of them need to switch PR firms quick.

I wonder if William knows any good PR firms.

Or, alternatively, bash everyone else into submission and don't worry about the PR if you've got the military might. Just throw a billion at your pussy friends who run PR companies and can't build a decent bomb or bomber.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I wonder if William knows any good PR firms.

If Willaim *does* know any good PR firms, I sincerely hope he *doesn't* tell anyone in the Bush administration about them; We need the *truth* to spread, not more PR lies.

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join