It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF ` Q force ` in the news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
not really a revalation , but offical confirmation

bbc_news

i cannot help thinking that open discussion of such capabilities serves no real purpose -

i do not feel any safer for this revalation - in fact less so

i suspected that such a QRF capacity was on stand by 24/7 - only now any scroat who means harm to our country has an inkling of how to plan an attact to avoid it

or am i gust being paranoid ?

[edit ] i cannot do UBB code on the first try

[edit on 18-10-2005 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Good article.

That is why I truly believe that the fourth 9/11 plane was in fact shot down over PA. I do not blame them for this type of planning, the US also has a plan similar. The only jets in the US that are armed are those that are to protect D.C.

But that is just me.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They have had interceptors on 10min standby since the cold war, they probably slackened off after 1991, but I guess they have just picked up where they left off again. It's not really that big of a deal is it, or even a secret? How do you propose a Terrorist could use this information against us?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
R988 :

yup we have always had QFR interceptors - but during the cold war - they were almost all pointed north - to covere the area of airspace we were expected to defend under the nato NADGE doctrine

a friend who was a seneror aircraft man working on phantom engines [ showing out age ] told me that :

" a gnat couldnt fly out of the barents sea with out us knowing .... but if the french invaded we would only know wnen they landed "

the RAF expected that any attack coming from other directions would have to fight its way through german , belgian and dutch airspace and thier response would give us time to act

since the end of the cold war - our capacity has shurunk

as for what use such info would be to terrorists

if they know the starting location , response times and top speed of the RAF resonse to an airborne threat - then they will pick thu=ier targets and time thier missions so that once they " tip thier hand " their plan will be completed before the known air defences can reach the location or intercept thier route

does that make it clear ?

top topics

join