It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ORGANIZATIONS: Saudi Arabian King Vows To Eliminate Al Qaeda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
On the ABC News program "20/20" King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia called the threat of al Qaeda "madness and evil," and said that his nation would "eliminate this scourge" of terrorism. The first interview with the King also will cover such topics as women's rights, oil prices, and the Saudi, US relationship.
Abdullah who only became King two months ago, vowed continued support of the U.S.-led war on terrorism.

edition.cnn.com
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia called the threat of al Qaeda in his country "madness and evil," and vowed to ABC's Barbara Walters that his nation would "eliminate this scourge" of terrorism.

In his first interview since becoming king following the July 31 death of his half-brother King Fahd, Abdullah vowed continued support of the U.S.-led war on terrorism.

Abdullah also defended women's rights, predicting women in the Muslim nation will drive in the future. He also discussed oil prices, relations between Saudi Arabia and the United States, and the potential for peace in the Middle East.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is something we need to hear from leaders in the middle east. Al Qaeda is a threat to everyone, not just 'westerners'.

King Abdullah has only been king for two months. He became King after the death of his half-brother King Fahd last July. Tonight will be his first interview since becoming King. The interview will air tonight on ABC's "20/20" and "Nightline".

Another big issue will be women's rights. Equal rights are climbing in Saudi Arabia. Abdullah will be allowing women to drive. Something I'm sure, we all take for granted here.

Related News Links:
www.arabicnews.com
www.mediabistro.com
www.sciencedaily.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Saudi Security Forces Battle With Suspected Al-Qaeda Sympathisers
NEWS: Saudi Arabia Wins Dismissal From Sept. 11 Lawsuits

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, what a relief!! Does that mean that we can pick up our toys and go home now? I sure hope so!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's a front. Most of the "terrorists" that hit the US were from Saudi Arabia, and most of the "insurgents" in Iraq are from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is no less guilty than Afghanistan or Iraq when it comes to terrorists. But, the Bush family is protecting Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I will believe it only after they start making mass arrests, cut off their bank accounts (furnish proof they did in fact cut the accounts off) and turn over suspected operatives to the governments that are seeking them.

MBF

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Even though most of the terrorists that hit the U.S. were from Saudi Arabia, they are also a threat to the ruling class of that country and even other Muslim countries in the area.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Actually they are only a threat to members of the Ruling class that oppose them. You would be severly naive to think that Al Queda has NO Saudi gov't support at all. It is a very religously repressive country. Just as bad as the Taliban IMO.(Cartesian "Justice" as well as no rights for Women and Commoners) and the Offical religion is Wahhabism..

[edit on 14-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"20/20" is almost done on the east coast. Right now if you go to ABC.com you can run some of the interview.

If you are on 'central time' the show starts in 10 minutes and 1 hour 10 minutes for 'mountain'.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This guy isn't going to live another 6 months.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
This guy isn't going to live another 6 months.

He's been ruling Saudi for a long time you know
Just now he is officially the King of Saudi Arabia. Only difference between now and a year ago is he has a bigger crown and more opulent throne(or whatever is the Saudi equivalent)

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No, Sardion, you misunderstand me.

What I mean is, I'm going to kill him.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ok, no I'm not.

But dems is fightin' words for a lot of Saudis. It's those damn wahabists!!! I bet they're all just chompin' at the bit for a piece of that crown prince King sucka!

Oh, this'll be good.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Oh lol Good luck getting close to him and also would that be such a good idea?
The king just might be the only "moderate" in the entire country.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The end of Al Queda?

I seriously doubt that. I hate to say this, but Al Queda is one of those -necessary evils- that the world needs.

We can't have heroes without first having a villain, right?

I don't think there will ever be peace in the Middle East. Anyone else feel that way?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThesmartestBut
We can't have heroes without first having a villain, right?

Said like a true Satanist.

...or Christian, or whatever.

And really, who came first... the Hero or the Villain? Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sometimes the "hero" creates the villan to become a hero.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is simply SA speaking outta both sides of its mouth. It says it will strive to "elliminate" Al Qeada yet continues to financially back and provide training materials to madrassas/mosques that teach this fundamentalist Wahabi style of Islam to young children--the very Islam that feeds into the intolerant hate machine that motivates and is the driving force of Al Qeada.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I use a direct analogy.

Originally posted by shots
I will believe it only after they start making mass arrests, cut off their bank accounts (furnish proof they did in fact cut the accounts off) and turn over suspected operatives to the governments that are seeking them.

mass arrests are right... like every citizen that actually follows the law...
the lawabiders become the criminals overnight...
Since the wahhabist Terrorist religion is LAW in Saudi Arabia (to obey the law, you have to kill the infidels)... you abide or suffer punishment...
Now they say "you obey the law, and we will kill you"

It would be analogous to say that bush announces "we will no longer tolerate christianity, followers of Chrisitanity will be routed out, and converted to Satanism or be killed.

Should sit well with the SA kingdoms people.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
Saudi Arabia is no less guilty than Afghanistan or Iraq when it comes to terrorists.

SO let me get this straight. Iraq had terrorists?? So we invaded them..

So we go with the terrorist line here.. Some may say WMD, some may say 9/11, and some just might say cause God told bush to invade Iraq. Which lie is it???

And Iraq didnt have Terrorists before all this went down, it was proven that saddam completely ignored Bin Ladens attenpts to contact him.

[edit on 10/24/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban

Sometimes the "hero" creates the villan to become a hero.

And sometimes there is no villain because the heroes saved a family of 6 from a burning house.
You people and your comic book heroes...
Firemen, policemen, the person who climbs the tree to get the cat down for the old lady, they're all heroes in their own way.
The real villains are the people who think there needs to be a villain to have a hero.
Ever seen Unbreakable?

On topic, this is all a PR move to make Saudi-Arabia look good and help cover up the fact that they're price-gougeing the oil IMO.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones

On topic, this is all a PR move to make Saudi-Arabia look good and help cover up the fact that they're price-gougeing the oil IMO.

yes, and no...
They are not the people that are price gouging... our own oil companies are doing that, by artificially stimulating demand with less supply...
OPEC has increased production, and been pushing oil at good prices to try to earn our favor... the consumers are not seeing it though.

they ARE trying to clean up their act (at least PR wise) since everyone is starting to realize where the vast majority of terrorists come from.
Wahabbi extremist sect islam, which is the established state religion of SA...
can't really say that they can change their spots though
(see christian/satanist analogy above)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join